Mike's Oud Forums

Beginner ouds?

Red - 3-23-2006 at 02:48 AM

Hello, I've been looking for a beginner oud for a while. I've looked at many ouds on ebay. Most of them are egyptian and seem to be mass produced types. Does anyone here have a decently priced beginner oud for sale. I finally decided to post here since my efforts to find an affordable beginners oud have failed. I've been a fan of this forum for a while and know how skilled and familiar with the oud alot of you are. Please help me out in finding a good oud. Thank you.

Haluk - 3-23-2006 at 05:40 AM

Hi,

I have Walnut-Mahagony combination and Walnut bowled
learner model ouds available.Price is $294 for 2006, soft case,tutorial video "How to play oud?" in English include the price.
Please send e-mail for details.

Regards.

Red - 3-24-2006 at 11:21 AM

Hello Haluk. Will this include shipping of the item? Where are u from? Does the oud sound good? any clips?

Haluk - 3-25-2006 at 02:09 AM

I am from Turkey.Shipping&handling cost by express mail service of post office is $140.I am sending instruments in plywood crates,covered by bubled nylons.Some members of this forum was ordered from these ouds last year.They can give you idea about the sound.

Regards.

Beginner ouds

wfspark - 3-26-2006 at 07:14 AM

Hey Red. I highly recommend Haluk's ouds. They have a good sound quality, and if you don't want to fus with the tuning pegs, you can get guitar tuners installed for $25 extra. I have a learner model with rosewood pegs. If you would like, I can send a sound clip of me playing.

William F. Sparks

spyrosc - 3-26-2006 at 12:47 PM

Hey Red,

I sent you a U2U

Spyros C.

Haluk - 3-26-2006 at 02:43 PM

Hi William,

I am putting Ebony or Balsam first quality pegs to my learner model ouds also.There is no slipping problems anymore.

Regards.

Oud pegs

wfspark - 3-27-2006 at 04:55 AM

Cool! Thanks for the notice about the new pegs.

William Sparks

Red - 3-27-2006 at 10:46 AM

Thanx guys. I really appreciate all the help.
Haluk I will keep contact via email.
William, Haluk sent me a clip. The oud sounded very nice. I wouldn't mind listening to another clip though :D