Mike's Oud Forums

elimon ektim tasa

Amos - 6-17-2006 at 07:09 AM

hi guys,
i havent posted anything for a while...this is a great tune called elimon ektim tasa...i played this on a live radio show with a percussionist last week and though you all might like to hear it...excuse any lyrics mistakes and i hope you like it,
amos

sydney - 6-17-2006 at 07:32 AM

Sounds cool ...

What language is that?

Haluk - 6-17-2006 at 10:03 AM

This is a famous Turkish folk song which we call "turku".
Composer of it unknown,I was played it with baglama 40 years before.

Regards.

oudplayer - 6-17-2006 at 06:16 PM

hey amos
wow that was amazing
keep it up man keep it up
thx sammy

Amos - 6-18-2006 at 03:54 PM

thanks guys...mr. eraydin it is an honor that you have listened to this song, i apologize if my pronunciation of turkish is not so good...i just love turkish folk music and i try my best.thank you for listening.
amos

Haluk - 6-19-2006 at 04:15 AM

Hi Amos,

Good playing.If you want more notes of folk songs,I can send you.
I can tell you the meanings of the words also.

Regards.

Haluk - 6-19-2006 at 11:39 PM

Notes of KONYALI attached.

Regards.

Jonathan - 7-30-2006 at 12:18 PM

Amos, that was great. You can almost put out a cover of that Kef Time CD now.
Is the song that Haluk posted the same as Hani Beni Elli Dirhem Pasterma? Different words, of course.
Louis Matalon, a sephardic Jewish singer made an awesome 78 of this back in the 40's in New York. Not sure who the backing musicians were. I kind of collect 78s of Turkish music recorded in the US, by Turks, Armenians, Greeks, Jews. . . My favorite Konyali.

Amos - 8-2-2006 at 06:44 AM

hi jonathan,
yes that is the same song...'hani benim elli dirhem...' goes by by 'konyali' on one of richard's recordings...thanks for the compliment, and i am working out the arrangements for the november kef...al bardezbanian is indeed coming. we are riding down together.
all the best and thanks again,
amos

Marina - 8-2-2006 at 07:05 AM

I downloaded the file, i like it very much! :applause:

Jonathan - 8-2-2006 at 12:42 PM

There are a bunch of Konyalis. It's kind of a generic term for songs about Konya
Hani Beni Elli Dirhem Pasterma, I have been told, is about a guy wondering where his raki is, where his pasterma is, and where his girl from Konya is, whose teeth marks are still in his neck. Or, so I have been told. I have to learn Turkish one day.
Sorry, though, I took that one off on a tangent.
By now, you already know I think your stuff is great.
All the best.

Amos - 8-2-2006 at 06:04 PM

thanks jonathan.

minstrel - 8-2-2006 at 08:30 PM

:applause: