Mike's Oud Forums

Take Me Back to Cairo

Mike - 9-8-2006 at 01:09 PM

was going through some old CDs, and came upon an all time classic by Karim Shukry. This guy is a champion!

enjoy...

Take Me Back to Cairo - Karim Shukry

Jameel - 9-8-2006 at 02:28 PM

What can I say Mike? I love it.:buttrock:

oudman - 9-10-2006 at 06:30 AM

LOL
My dad used to play this for me when I was kid.
He used to sing it for me as well ;)

oudi - 9-10-2006 at 07:38 AM

¿what is this????
:buttrock: :(

oudplayer - 9-10-2006 at 05:32 PM

hey mike
very differant byt its catchy i like it
thx sammy

samzayed - 9-10-2006 at 11:14 PM

Wow, I remember this song when I was 10! summer of 1983 when my aunt brought this tape back when she visited us. :bounce:

Anyone have these songs:

Douki Douki ya Rababa, and an Egyptian belly dance song that goes "Sha'alha Sha'alha"?

mabozaed - 10-7-2006 at 04:03 AM

Hi sam

You can find Douki ya Rababa at the following link:
http://www.njom.net/music_site/arab/sonia/

Muhammd.

darkman4u - 2-5-2007 at 09:29 PM

MAN YOU HAVE MADE MY DAY. I 've been seaching for this for more than 10 years. where is Karim Shukry and how to contact him..
PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease...
Send me all his work and will be in dept to you..... or any one has his work.
It is a great loss to Egypt that he has no longer sining on the Nile....
Sad mad....

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike
was going through some old CDs, and came upon an all time classic by Karim Shukry. This guy is a champion!

enjoy...

Take Me Back to Cairo - Karim Shukry

:applause::applause::applause:

austinz - 2-13-2007 at 05:37 PM

Just caught your forum. Karim Shukry is my uncle!

He left Cairo in the 60s and has been living in Montreal since then. Since being in Canada, he has had a successful career as a film distributor and producer.

Thanks for the kind words!

moushira - 3-19-2007 at 10:58 AM

No way! I just heard the song. I have been looking for it since I returened from a trip there.

Eskandarani - 5-13-2007 at 06:03 AM

OH Dear Mike, You made the tears jump up from eyes, Thanks for sharing this song, I was looking for this song for almost 25 years !

Yours, Assem Eskandarani

Mike - 5-14-2007 at 04:38 PM

Hello Assem,
Glad to have helped my friend.
Enjoy,
Mike

Eskandarani - 6-12-2007 at 10:14 AM

Hello & Thanks Again Dear Mike, Yes It helped still & will apprecite your help for good brother, I wonder if your have any more songs or albums of Karim Shukry, I'm quite sure finding gold in Mojave Desert (I have been there!) is easier than finding Karim Shukry Songs/Albums, I recall some names of songs he sung like Mish Mish Bey, Oriental Flower, Samara

I really hope you have any of his work !?,
Best of luck to you and everyone here

Cheers, Assem

take me back to cairo

moonravenne - 8-16-2007 at 05:59 PM

Ihave been looking for this song for over 30 years......................ty ty ty

I grew up in egypt and my friend Hala and i used to play this song as girls all the time

erinne kennedy

moonravenne - 8-16-2007 at 06:21 PM

btw is there lyrics writtten down? and a publisher?

I saw the pictures of your ouds. My father plays the oud......was taught by Mansi who I believe played for a famous singer =)

erinne kennedy

Mike - 8-17-2007 at 09:32 AM

hi erinne,
you are very welcome. I think I bought this cd from the rashid music website. http://www.rashid.com. If you can't find it let me know.
best,
mike

ximo - 3-27-2008 at 10:36 AM

I have been looking for this song for than 10 years. We have it on a cassette that lost its quality.

Thank you so much Mike's Oud for bringing back the old memories.

You have mad my day. :applause:

carpenter - 6-19-2008 at 11:19 AM

I like that a lot! I have a friend who has been teaching in Cairo for four years; he's returned to the US, coming by this weekend for some BBQ. I'll play this MP3 - sure to get a rise out of him. Thanks for the classic!

littlelark - 12-14-2008 at 02:46 AM

thank you so much for this download. I love to sing this song, its such great fun. LL

charlie oud - 12-14-2008 at 11:58 AM

:airguitar: :cool: :airguitar: Crazy and far out!!!

I found it

medhat_gad - 3-20-2010 at 05:28 AM

For all those searching for Karim Shokry songs, they can find it on this site: mawaly in franco arab album:
http://www.mawaly.com/search?s=albums&q=فرا&#... اراب
samara, meshmesh bey...
Enjoy