Mike's Oud Forums

First steps

Ararat66 - 10-23-2006 at 03:19 PM

Here's my first recording - not much, Iam still getting used to the recording software - I'm sure I can get it to sound more like I hear it (which it doesn't at the moment).

This is just me noodling a bit on my Haluk oud (the cheaper pro model oud 3 on his website). I'll post more as I get used to this as I have never recorded before. I've been playing about 10 months now and am really getting hooked. Will look at maqams soon.

Cheers Leon

oudplayer - 10-23-2006 at 04:20 PM

hey man
i like it. it has liek a jazz sound to it .
btw awesome sounding oud . haluk alwasy does a good job
thx sammy
keep it up

thanks

Ararat66 - 10-24-2006 at 01:00 AM

Thanks for that. It is a nice oud and I've noticed in the last month as tha seasons are changing here that the sound is improving noticably - the sustain is increasing and the balance across the string is getting better!! how odd. Just shows how alive these instruments are.

I'm still trying to get a decent recording sound, it still sounds a bit like it is in the tunnel and a lot of the detail sounds a lot more scratchy than I hear it. Any suggestions.

One other thing and this sounds daft - I get slightly nervous when recording and can hear it in the playing - how crazy is that ... stage fright in my own front room ho ho ho

Have a good day

Leon:bounce:

Amos - 10-24-2006 at 01:10 PM

coming along great leon, sounds good. haluk's oud sounds very warm and rich...good job.
amos

replies appreciated

Ararat66 - 10-25-2006 at 12:35 AM

Thanks - replies are appreciated. Iam living in an oud desert over here so your observations and constructive criticism (or even better encouragment) is like gold dust.

Once I get used to this recording I think I will take off quickly.

Best wishes

Leon

Jason - 10-27-2006 at 03:58 PM

Sounds really good man, can't wait to hear more