Mike's Oud Forums

Jamil Bashir Oud Method (VOL1 & 2 pdf) - update II -

ALAMI - 6-15-2007 at 11:20 AM

I was thinking that it may be not very ethical to post full books online and then I noticed that the publisher of Jamil Bashir oud method is the ministry of education.
For those in charge now in Iraq and for those in charge of those in charge and for those in charge of being against those in charge....for all those, Iraqi tradition, culture and music is not oil, so not a priority... so no reprint of Jamil Bashir Method is expected in the near future ...or the near century. So I said to myself what the hell ! (and it is the case in Iraq Palestine and Lebanon), I will do what everybody in this region is doing: I will give myself a right that I don't have, at least a few hundred around the world will do Jamil Bashir the honor of spending hours, days, months and years learning oud in his books, I believe he'd approve... and for those who don't, just don't click the below links:

The text is in arabic but the exercices, the etudes and the pieces are....well in "music"

------RE-RE-Edited post - Sept/24/2013 ---------
New Links to replace the dead ones, Thanks to ultragroove:

Direct Links:

Jamil Bashir Oud Method - Part 1

Jamil Bashir Oud Method - Part 2

Alternate Links, Download from file hoster:

Jamil Bashir Oud Method - Part 1

Jamil Bashir Oud Method - Part 2

ashurek - 6-15-2007 at 12:07 PM

that is seriously very nice! Thanks

SamirCanada - 6-15-2007 at 12:15 PM

wow.. thanks a million Alami.
I dont think you are in any danger of being sought after by the Iraqi education ministry.
you are actualy doing them a favor by keeping this heritage alive.

Microber - 6-15-2007 at 01:32 PM

Thank you Alami,

But i can't download the files.
I am learning with that method and i have photocopies of bad photocopies.
I hope the problem will be solved.

Robert

ALAMI - 6-15-2007 at 01:47 PM

Just right click on the link and chose " save link as" or "save target as" and it should work, if you just click it will load the pdf in your browser and you can save it when finished, it will take a while (or more) depending on the speed of your connection

arsene - 6-15-2007 at 02:37 PM

Darn! If only I could read Arabic!

I can look at the pictures tho :D so Still very nice!

Thanks a million!

arsene - 6-15-2007 at 02:43 PM

Would it be an idea to have someone translate (the most important parts) of this? Not necessarily for free of course... just the text, as we already have the music & pics in the original files...

thank you!

Laith - 6-15-2007 at 03:57 PM

My father reads arabic, but knows very little about music. I know a good amout about music, but no arabic skills----sounds like one heck of a daddy/son project! :xtreme:

Jack_Campin - 6-15-2007 at 04:02 PM

I can't get it to work - it needs a username and password.

rromadOud - 6-15-2007 at 04:31 PM

Very, very, very Cool!!!

Many Thanks!:)

Cyberquills - 6-15-2007 at 04:49 PM

Wow, that is certainly an excellent service you have done for everyone (including Jamil) on the forum. Well done indeed.

Keeping the books available for the benefit of all is of paramount importance. Even if it is only used by people on this forum at least it is OUT there...being used by people who appreciate it.

Well done again :applause:

CQ

Jason - 6-15-2007 at 05:01 PM

Thanks! This is really great and I agree that you are doing everyone a great service by making these books available.

Melbourne - 6-15-2007 at 06:25 PM

Shukran ya 3alemi - bas lau fi kam wa7ad mitlak ba3d bi l'bnen - khsousan bi d'aouli. Bas shoo l'naf3, bi rau7oo!! :shrug:

Such a nice thing to do - thanx heaps.

Microber - 6-15-2007 at 11:23 PM

Ok i got it.
But i have to use Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla Firefox.
Thank you very much.

Robert

dubai244 - 6-15-2007 at 11:26 PM

ALAMi habiby wallah, Thanks very much. This is one of the valueble things i ever have.

:)

SamirCanada - 6-15-2007 at 11:34 PM

Melbourne: 3andak Haq...

Shoukrani mara tani ya Alami. allah yatik el afiea.

alex-nozh - 6-16-2007 at 01:17 AM

1000 and one thanks Alami :)))

Marina - 6-16-2007 at 03:03 AM

Can you please post it again - it says "can not find server".
:wavey:
Thanks a lot!

MatthewW - 6-16-2007 at 07:30 AM

Thanks Alami, I just got around to downloading the 2 volumes. I think you made the right decision in sharing the oud method of Jamil Bashir with all those who will appreciate and make good use of it. This is what it was written for, for all future generations of oud players wherever they may be. Just look at the locations we all come from who have thanked Alami!

ALAMI - 6-16-2007 at 10:27 AM

I am really touched by all your kind words, thank you all.
Just want to say that like many of you I am a "student" of these forums, I took hundred of lessons just by reading around.
So being part of this "collective learning experience" is a joy, and I truly believe that Mike did to the oud more than any other official institution anywhere, including the rich ones.

Jack, you shouldn't be asked for a username and password, may be you can try from another computer, or try "copy link location" in Firefox and paste in a new tab address header.
Marina, your problem could be due to ftp blocking, some ISPs or network administrators (in large companies) put a blocking on ftp (port21) to reduce traffic, try also the above and let me know.

The idea of a translation is good, I can embed or add english pages in the pdf and I can do it for the pieces titles and composers names, but for the first 25 pages with text I unfortunately don't have enough time or enough good English and knowledge of the musical terms to do it, however I could do a French translation.

Melbourne, Samir, Alex, Yeslamou chabab !
Thanks again to all, it is a pleasure...really

alami

arsene - 6-16-2007 at 02:05 PM

A French translation would be cool, too! And yes, the names of the folk pieces! Then, if needed, I can translate that back to English ...

jdowning - 6-16-2007 at 02:16 PM

Many thanks ALAMI - I agree with other contributors to the forum that you have done the right thing in making available to a wider audience important material that may be in danger of being lost under current circumstances in the Middle East. I cannot, unfortunately, read Arabic but the last page of book 1 is in English - so does this mean that there is also an English version in print?
The resolution of the files is such that I cannot read the "rosette" diagrams on pages 80 and 92 of book 2. Would it be possible to post these two pages in higher resolution - with, perhaps, a general explanation of what they mean for those of us who are still have a lot to learn about the history and art of the Ud?
Thanks again
John

hamed - 6-16-2007 at 08:03 PM

Thank you Alami, you are the best.

here is clip of Jamil Bashir i found on youtube, he is definetly the greatest of all time!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJWlWvRzFB8

possible reprint?

MatthewW - 6-17-2007 at 02:40 AM

Hi all- The Bashir method certainly is one of the nicest oud methods I have seen, not that I have seen them all, but this one is definitely top drawer and thanks again to Alami for posting it on Mikesouds. There seems to be a lot of interest shown in this 2 volume method, and I thought how good it would be for all oud lovers on this planet if this book could be properly reprinted and translated into English and perhaps French. I don't know who owns the copyrights to the Bashir method, perhaps someone in the Bashir family? With enough interest,determination, as well as investing in production costs to have this book reprinted ( maybe include a CD?) I'm sure this book would sell enough copies worldwide and continue to be regular seller to make it a worthwhile investment venture, as well as an act of love. Any ideas or feedback on this?

damascene_oud - 6-17-2007 at 03:12 AM

Believe me dear Alami, without the tremendously excellent initiative taken by you and anyone who loves Arabic music, this outstanding heritage will certainly; in the best case scenario; be kept on shelves and covered by tons of dust, if not thrown down the drain.
we all have to take similar action of preserving our musical heritage, which is a result of thousands of years of traditions and practice, and which has inspired so many master composers all around the globe like Camille Saint Saen, Korsakov, Georges Bizet and many many others, whereas our local authorities and those in charge of music feel ashamed of this heritage and seek other kinds of music, which are totally alien in their affiliation to west or east.
Well done Alami...you have my moral support
and i will do the same, we should all rise up to the challenge of preserving our heritage.

amtaha - 6-17-2007 at 05:42 AM

I hate to be the party spoiler.

Your post is naturally appreciated, Alami

But credits for creating the pdf should go to the person with email ahmed@zeryab.com (as can be deduced from the pdf's "Properties) and my guess is that this is the "ahmed" who owns and moderates zeryab website and forum. (On that forum, he goes by the nickname zeryab.)

Regards,
Hamid

ALAMI - 6-17-2007 at 08:17 AM

Not party spoiler at all Hamid, you're probably right.
Like many others I had a very bad quality photocopies of photocopies and I was complaining of their quality, so a friend gave me a while ago on a cd a folder full of unorganized jpg files of better quality (to be exact: Volume 2 was unorganized jpg files and volume one was in 4 separate files), I've put them in order, arranged the sizes and contrast and gathered them in a convenient single pdf file for each volume and I printed them for my use. I haven't checked the jpg infos , so if the credit of this better quality files goes to ahmad, I join you to thank him.
Then I decided to post the files I have, and I had to do a further compression as the original pdfs I made where 66 MB each volume.
The point, and only point, is about sharing useful ressources that are no more available to buy, like the sound files of Jabakji playing his own book that I was posting for a while, the book is still available but not the tapes.

zalzal - 6-17-2007 at 12:45 PM

Thank you Alami, I read recently an interview of Zacarya Zoubeidi, Jenin.
He said something like the intifada should not only be military, but cultural, artisitic etc.
As you say "a few hundred around the world will do Jamil Bashir the honor of spending hours, days, months and years learning oud in his books",
Thank you to give us the bullets to reply against their war.
We are in resistance

Marina - 6-17-2007 at 10:43 PM

Thank's! I got it too with Matheww's help!
:applause:

thx man

muthada - 6-18-2007 at 12:54 AM

now i need a translator;)

excentrik - 6-18-2007 at 01:30 AM

Habibi Alami-

YOU'RE SO RIGHT- IT IS NOT OIL, it's sustainable, IT IS OUD: ART, AN ETERNAL GIFT FROM GOD- and no matter how much they have stolen so far- this: they can never!

misconstrue my post all you want- I dont care anymore-

-in solidarity with all my Arab brothers pursuing their art despite the genocide in Iraq and Palestine, despite the foolish fratricide (albeit neo-colonial) in Lubnan and Gaza----

the Oud is sometimes our only hope, and who better to teach us than Ustaz Jamil Bashir?

Shukran Jazeelan ya Habibi Alami-

tarik

abusin - 6-18-2007 at 03:20 AM

Salamu 3alaikum Alami and all oud masses,

thank you bro, its an honur to have copies of master Jamil Bashir books and the hope is to be able to make the most out of it.

as for the people of Iraq I hope all their problems come to an end and go back to normality very soon, and lets all pray for that and also please make a prayer or du3a to the blessed soul of master Jamil may God rest his soul in peace and grant him heaven for his contribusions to the oud and music.

thank you again Alami

salam

Awad

Jack_Campin - 6-18-2007 at 04:25 AM

I can't download it using IE5 for the Mac either.

I don't have access to a Windows machine.

Coul somebody put the files on a more accessible site?

michoud - 6-18-2007 at 05:00 AM

Thanks Alami!!!!!
Jack I have Mac and I havenĀ“t got any problems to download it...

MatthewW - 6-18-2007 at 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_Campin
I can't download it using IE5 for the Mac either.

I don't have access to a Windows machine.

Coul somebody put the files on a more accessible site?

Jack check your U2 inbox if you still having problems to download the Bashir method.

mustafa - 6-18-2007 at 01:58 PM

Thank you very much...

mjamed - 6-18-2007 at 08:32 PM

Thank you very much for sharing such a valuable resource :)

arsene - 6-19-2007 at 07:48 AM

I don't think we'll be able to have this book reprinted, no matter how much determination there is. There's a similar thread about Mutlu Torun's Ud Metodu - the publishers have been promising an English translation for ages now.

If it's hard to get something done in Turkey, imagine how it will be in Iraq. I think the best we could do right now is to follow in Alami's footsteps and translate it ourselves. Who knows, this way maybe in the future there'll be enough interest again to actually have this book reprinted.

Just my 2 cts.

amtaha - 6-19-2007 at 09:54 AM

http://www.zeryab.org/zeryab/showthread.php?t=19361&page=4

In an arabic post on zeryab.org, dated 4th of November, 2006, it is mentioned that ...

"I would like to let you know, my fellows, that Mr. Habib Thaher Al-Abbas has re-published the book in one volume comprising the two parts, adding a historical introduction. The book is published by the House of Cultural Affairs in Iraq, answering an increasing demand." (Posted by Dreed Al-Khafaji)

Which is good news, on more than one level.

amtaha - 6-19-2007 at 09:55 AM

Alami,

It's a wonderful job that you did, and an effort that shouldn't go unappreciated.

Thank you!

ALAMI - 6-19-2007 at 12:53 PM

Thanks to all for your kind words, I did some research and tests about digital books restoration, the results seem promising.
I started with book 2 and worked on few pages, it will take a while to finish it all as each page should be treated separately boosting the resolution then filtering and sharpening.
Here is a partial pdf, if someone has comments and suggestions it is better to share them at this stage:

Test_Restoration_Mid.pdf]Vol2 Partial restoration {removed}

What do you think of its quality ?

I have no idea of the meaning of some pieces titles, I think it is kurdish, anyone knows kurdish or can tell the meaning ?

Another finding while trying to understand the pages jdowning was inquiring about is that there is a note of a 3rd volume but I don't know if it was ever published, this diagram is a transposition chart but it is too small and difficult to trnslate, here is the best resolution I have

MatthewW - 6-19-2007 at 01:30 PM

Alami- I can't seem to access the link Partial Vol 2 to view the digital restoration you have done thus far, it asks for a password and username, or am I doing accessing this link incorrectly? keep up the good work!

ALAMI - 6-19-2007 at 01:35 PM

Sorry a misspell, now it is fixed... ...

restoration

MatthewW - 6-20-2007 at 12:31 AM

Hi Alami- I've had a look at what you have done so far with Partial Restoration Vol2, and in my humble opinion it is looking very good. See what others think. I've printed out Sama'i Hijaz Kar and Sama'i Diwan Hosseiny to see what they would look like. The notes are definitely clear enough to read and follow, I don't think anyone would have a problem making out the notation, and if anyone was to obtain a copy of Bashirs method with the level of clarity of music notation you have acheived, they would be happy, it looks very good. The musical notation could be a bit sharper, but this would require more work on your part which might be very time consuming, such as touching up the notes in photoshop or similiar software. This depends on how much time and effort you are able to put into this project and how satisfied you are with the end result. As you can see, the response to your helping to make Bashirs method available to us has been so very positive and a real musical blessing. You are helping to keep the work of this great man alive, and if you left the quality of the digital restoration as you now have made it, everyone would be grateful to you. Out of curiosity, have you considered making available a CD of someone playing the songs/exercises in this Bashir method to accompany the books? shukran, sincere thanks!

Restored Volume 2

ALAMI - 6-22-2007 at 11:32 AM

Volume 2 digitally restored and looks much better now and I included basic english translation
2 versions available but the size went up:

High res (150 dpi) for print (25 MB)
Screen res (72 dpi) (10.5 MB)

jdowning - 6-23-2007 at 12:42 PM

Thanks for the higher resolution images and translations to English. Nice work ALAMI.

ALAMI - 6-24-2007 at 01:28 AM

I contacted Ahmed from Ziryab (see amtaha post abv).

First to thank him for making this book available in the first place and to give him a copy of the new pdfs.
He is a very nice and helpful guy, he explained that it is an edition from 1990s and he sent me the cover of the first 1963 edition (attached)
He gave me also a copy of a very old (and very badly printed) arabic book : "Sherif Mehyeddine Haydar and his students", it is not a method, it is a book on the life and work and the students of the Sherif and some music sheets of his compositions. I think it is a part of a bigger book (I have only 24 pages), there is an interesting maqam analysis of two compositions and an answer to a question I asked many times without having a clear explanation: the difference between Bayat and Oshak.

Melbourne - 6-25-2007 at 04:56 AM

Thx again Alami for sharing this with us....

I have a question for those who've had time to go through the material. I've printed Vol 1 and I've been flicking through it on the train to and from work....Does anyone find the recommended fingering a little different?? A lot of the exrecises have finger numbers written on top of the notes.

My question relates to the f natural, third finger on d string, or at least I thought. I found that in different exercises, the same f is shown with 2nd, 3rd and 4th finger playing....?? Is this common?

I've taught myself the ud, and I've only ever used an old Lebanese oud method book (by Joseph Fakhouri) which always shows the same "f" to be played with the 3rd finger..

This may well be the right way, as I've never had an official ud lesson!....but I hope someone can clarify further...

Cheers guys...

MatthewW - 6-25-2007 at 05:38 AM

Hi Melbourne- speaking from both a guitar and oud players perspective, I would think that the finger you use to hold down that 'F' note ( as your example) on the D string would sometimes be the 3rd finger or sometimes maybe the 2nd finger depending on where your fingers are coming from into that note, and then where you are going (musically speaking)after you finger that note. I have found that the suggested fingering given with any oud music can be very helpful as a guide, but sometimes I might prefer to use a fingering that is not only easier for my personal style, but also fits what note/scale pattern or variation/inversion/etc I am planning to play. From my experience I have found it best not to be too rigid with things like there is only one fingering for any one note. Does this make any sense? Going through book 2 (and thanks again for your work on this Alami), I have tried the fingering as suggested by the great Jamil Bashir, and this has been very useful in gaining a different perspective on fingering. However there have been a couple of places where I have chosen my own slight variation of a fingering. Try the suggested fingering and see if it works for you, it could even become a useful exercise, but if another fingering seems to work for you then try that as well. We each have different hand and finger shapes and sizes, and what worked for J Bashir's fingering may not always work in the exact same way for you. Whatever fingering it takes to play the music with clarity, feeling, emotion, sensitivity and with proper speed and precision and feel comfortable and freely express one's own unique individual approach to playing oud is what is important I think.:)

Melbourne - 6-26-2007 at 02:49 AM

Hey thanks for your suggestions MatthewW. I guess coming from a classical background made me a little hesitant to bend the rules. As my first instrument is violin, which I no longer study, interpreting notes is a lot more formal than it would be in more folklorish music styles; although the oud is just as much a classical (Arabic) instrument as it is folk.

Fi Al Ghouroub

MatthewW - 6-26-2007 at 05:49 AM

Going through some of the songs in Vol 2, I came across 'Fi Al Ghouroub' (Sunset, page 54) composed by Jamil Bashir. I thought with an interesting title like that, it would be worth trying to play. It is simply a beautiful and moving composition, straight from the heart, and suits the oud perfectly. This composition, for me, lets me really feel and appreciate the sensivity of this great musician. I was wondering if any of you who have a copy of this Bashir method has tried this lovely composition yet?

arsene - 6-26-2007 at 12:04 PM

Would it be an idea for the better players among us to record a couple of pieces in the book and post them here? That way we would have some sort of audio reference as well. Just a thought...

Restored Volume 1

ALAMI - 6-28-2007 at 10:03 AM

Guys your reactions were a big motivation, I finished the "enhancements" on Volume 1.
here they are:

- Jamil Bashir Oud Method Volume 1 - 150 dpi for print (29 MB)

- Jamil Bashir Oud Method Volume 1 - 72 dpi (9.5 MB)

This one was a bit tough because the originals were lower quality, and the result is may be not as good as volume 2

arsene - 6-28-2007 at 12:45 PM

:applause::applause::applause: :airguitar:

hamed - 11-17-2007 at 08:11 AM

Anyone correct me if i'm wrong, but did Jamil Bashir use turkish tuning? It says in this book arabic tuning, but all of his recording seem to be a whole step above arabic tuning. Sorry in advance if this was previously answered

Microber - 11-18-2007 at 03:49 AM

I use this book (volume 1) with arabic tuning CGAdgc.
But Hamed, what recording are you talking about ?

Robert

hamed - 11-18-2007 at 11:15 AM

I'm talking about the recordings of Jamil Bashir in the rare oud section of thisd website. It seems like he is using a D for the 1st open string.

Sazi - 11-18-2007 at 08:33 PM

Hi Hamed, maybe you could figure out Jamil's tuning from that you tube video of Shallalat that you posted?:shrug:

rojaros - 3-8-2009 at 09:15 AM

Wonderfull indeed. I just come from a workshop with Raed Koshaba where I could work woth some of the material and that is extremely useful.

Thanks a lot fro providing that!

Tom Moran - 3-8-2009 at 12:20 PM

Being relatively new, I just came across this when it cropped up today. Thank you Alami for this excellent resource!

Masel - 3-8-2009 at 10:00 PM

Tislam iedik ALAMI shukra aljazila

hama - 3-9-2009 at 03:19 AM

Great Work Alami, well done and many thanks for that valuable book

charlie oud - 3-10-2009 at 11:48 AM

I have tried many times to access these links but they never show, feel Im missing out on this music. Any suggestions? C

Owain-Hawk - 3-10-2009 at 11:59 AM

I don't know what you're doing wrong Charlie, because it works for me... have you tried right clicking and choosing "Save file as..." or "Save link as..."?

Roman - 6-12-2009 at 12:11 AM

Thanks Alami,
Il's really helpfull work for me, y'know! Cause I'm a new to oud playing. I am a guitar and mandolin russian player. I bought great oud a month month ago in Tunis in Hichem Bouallegue's workshop. He is a great guy. And now I am studing to play oud in Russia, Penza city. Guys, do you ever heard about it??:cool::):)

fernandraynaud - 10-6-2009 at 01:31 AM

Has any progress been made towards translation into French and English? We could possibly break the work up into small enough units to actually get small projects done.

Is there any point in setting up a permanent "survey" page to keep track of who could translate from what to what languages?

We could list rough translators as well, who could make a literal translation with notes & comments that another person who need not know the source language could then clean up and turn into final.

Do we have enough Arabic to French and Arabic to English Translators to even get started?

ultragroove - 1-9-2010 at 03:05 PM

hey, what a great resource and a great help - just read about the english translation.

it would be great to (re)post some working links to the version with the "enhancements". i've only got the arabic version.

the links above doesn't work anymore.
big thanks in advice.

download links

ultragroove - 1-19-2010 at 06:47 AM

i finally noticed that my version of the bashir book is already the enhanced and partially translated version.
so i've decided to upload it to my fileshare account.

you may download the "enhanced by ALAMI" version here:

Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Volume 1
Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Volume 2

please leave a comment if you don't want me to share this.
thanks again to the original contributors.

ALAMI - 1-20-2010 at 02:43 AM

Thanks ultragroove for your help
I edited the 1st post and put your links in so people won't have to dig into many pages

beniah - 2-11-2010 at 11:55 PM

Shukran Alami-

I do not speak much Arabic, and I do not see much English in these books...I guess I don't understand where the translations are...

Any way, thanks! I am learning Arabic so maybe I can read it one day, In'Shallah :)

spyblaster - 2-19-2010 at 02:27 AM

thanx is a small word in this case!!!

ahmed_eissa - 9-15-2011 at 12:29 AM

I downloaded all 4 files.

Has anyone read through the "Arab music in the modern period" as well as "La Musique Arabe" ?

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to specific interesting/informative sections.

Shukran

cafiarelli - 2-26-2012 at 04:59 AM

Muchas gracias!!!!! Thaks a lot!!!!

gkhouri - 9-22-2013 at 10:35 PM

Friends,
Does anyone know if the Jamil Bashir oud books are available for download? The links in this thread to the divshare website don't work for me, and the dreamhost ftp site no longer seems to exist.
Thanks,
George

ultragroove - 9-23-2013 at 08:11 AM

There's currently a 20MB limit for uploaded files on Divshare. :(
So I decided to upload the book to my private webspace and another file hoster.
The Book is also available on Scribd... just search for it.

Here are the updated links for Jamil Bashir's Oud Method (translated headings/titles etc., 150 dpi)

Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Part 1
Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Part 2

Download from file hoster:

JB_Vol_1_A4_150dpi.pdf
JB_Vol_2_A4_150dpi.pdf

Maybe ALAMI can edit his first post again to insert the new links.

Peace!

Christian1095 - 9-23-2013 at 12:21 PM

Awesome, thanks!

gkhouri - 9-23-2013 at 04:55 PM

thanks ultragroove!

ALAMI - 9-24-2013 at 01:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ultragroove  
There's currently a 20MB limit for uploaded files on Divshare. :(
So I decided to upload the book to my private webspace and another file hoster.
The Book is also available on Scribd... just search for it.

Here are the updated links for Jamil Bashir's Oud Method (translated headings/titles etc., 150 dpi)

Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Part 1
Jamil Bashir - Oud Method Part 2

Download from file hoster:

JB_Vol_1_A4_150dpi.pdf
JB_Vol_2_A4_150dpi.pdf

Maybe ALAMI can edit his first post again to insert the new links.

Peace!

I just edited the first post of this thread adding your links to it.
Thanks for providing the hosting.

spyros mesogeia - 9-27-2013 at 11:27 AM

:wavey: Thanks guys

jshead - 10-8-2013 at 07:24 AM

Thank you Alami
I have a beautiful recording of Jamil and love his playing.
I, for one, would be happy to pay for an English translation.

Hayesini - 4-5-2016 at 05:36 AM

Hello all!

I'm new to the oud and to the forum, so forgive me if I've posting something that is now well-known... (this seems to be a pretty old thread)

Jamil Bashir's Oud Method is obviously a wonderful resource and it now seems to be relatively easy to find online due to people like you. But! For any of you who would appreciate a translation of the theory/technical content in the first volume, I recently stumbled across this website:

http://www.oudmethod.com/

newlife_ks - 6-14-2016 at 10:03 AM

Hello Hayesini!

Thank you very much for giving us that link with english translation for the first 24 pages! This is great information indeed, especially for an oud newbie like me.