Mike's Oud Forums

Oud In Jordan

spartan - 11-30-2007 at 01:54 AM

Hello,
I will visit Jordan next month and I would like to know if there is a workshop or an oudmaker in Amman to buy a good oud.

michoud - 11-30-2007 at 01:33 PM

I don´t know where you can found a good oud in Jordan...but if you can travel to syria...
You can contact with Samir Azar, he make good ouds and he is a very good person.
Samir lives in homs, but I think he can takes the oud to Damascus if you can´t travel to Homs...

Samir mail: http://www.samir-oud.com/

excentrik - 12-1-2007 at 03:55 PM

There is a pretty cool music store next to Reem Shawarmeh in the 3rd circle, Jabal Amman- I saw some nice ouds from a few khaliji makers-

there is also a "music district" in al-balad. there aren't too many professional ouds there, but I did some- you're definitely gonna have to haggle down there though, they always over blow the price- just ask anyone in the balad where the OUD and TABLA stores are, if you say music you'll end up in a cheesy bootleg CD store-

hope that helps- also when you're there, deffinitely check out kanabai (also in the 3rd circle, and by the way; Ilham al-Madfai owns and works at a cell phone shop right next door- he may be able to help you as well), cube lounge, books at cafe, and blue fig- these spots are DOPE! good drinks, music and ladies...

have fun, and say whats up to ustez Ilham for me.

tarik

spartan - 12-3-2007 at 03:49 AM

Thanks a lot for your help guys.