Mike's Oud Forums

UK Get-Together

Pages:  1  2

DaveH - 2-15-2008 at 05:30 AM

So all the action is in Socal, while us brits sit twiddling our thumbs. Why don't you rub it in a bit more Mike?

Kelly - 2-15-2008 at 10:59 AM

Hey Dave H
How about a meet in the UK? Birmingham is quite central. I'll contact Awad and see what he thinks. A few others might be up for it. What do you reckon?

DaveH - 2-17-2008 at 06:42 AM

Sounds good to me Kelly, any other Brits interested?

fyenix - 2-17-2008 at 07:06 AM

hey DaveH, Anne Marie n Ahmed Mukhtar is in London area, it would be fun to have them both for the gathering :shrug:

Kelly - 2-18-2008 at 01:13 PM

May need to start seperate topic. Was over with Awad last eve. I think he would be up for it. Just waiting for warmer weather as ever!

DaveH - 2-19-2008 at 02:06 AM

Well, I'm told in about 50 years it's going to be just fine. But I'm also a bit short of time at the moment, so Kelly, how about you or I start a new thread around March or April?

DaveH - 2-19-2008 at 02:09 AM

PS I'm no longer in Birmingham - now near Oxford. Happy to host, but with you and Awad up north, it sounds like Manchester is the oud Capital of Britain!

Kelly - 2-19-2008 at 02:45 PM

Hi Dave

I have family around Banbury. Are you far from the town?

Ararat66 - 2-19-2008 at 03:35 PM

I'm way down here in Portsmouth, when are you thinking of meeting up, Oxford isn't too far.

Leon

Greg - 2-20-2008 at 05:26 AM

As requested, I have shifted all these UK posts to a new thread. Now let's see this thing go ahead. If you folks can make it happen, maybe those of us in the antipodes can do something similar.

Regards,

Greg

abusin - 2-20-2008 at 07:35 AM

Thanks Greg for the encouragements,

Yeeees guys :bounce:

It would be great to meet and I'm up for it big time, If all agree and as DaveH suggested for Manchester as a venue for the meet I'll be organaising the Hall "The damage is on me guy's as we say,nice little roomy place" for the sessions and a tour around the City in my spacious SUV:D

come on now, set a date and let it happen:bounce:

I nominate Kelly to organise the rest:buttrock:

Best regards to all,

Awad

charlie oud - 2-20-2008 at 11:38 AM

Count me in, sounds like a fine idea

Kelly - 2-20-2008 at 01:35 PM

Hey Awad

Fast work there!

Lets get a list of interested parties, travel/accommodation needs. Any preferences for location and ease of access. People can U2U.

Is there any preferred dates/committments?
(If its late Spring/early Summer then I need to get my cycle racing diary out!)

abusin - 2-20-2008 at 01:50 PM

Kelly my man,

How is it going mate, sorry for puting the organaizing bit on your shoulders ;), yes you're right lots of planning needs considering may be my over excitment got the better of me :D

yes u2u may be a good idea, keep us posted mate,

By the way got mail from Dr. M. Mussa :bowdown:,

Cheers,

Awad

Jack_Campin - 2-20-2008 at 02:37 PM

I'm in south-east Scotland near Edinburgh.

I'm not sure how much spare time I've got, but London, Oxford and Manchester might be possible. Birmingham isn't - it's much more difficult and expensive to get to from Scotland and I have no contacts there.

Kelly - 2-21-2008 at 11:27 AM

Welcome aboard Jack

Awad what news Dr Moussa. I'll ring Friday eve and, arrange a trip soonest, inshallah

Anne Marie - 2-21-2008 at 12:25 PM

Hey, London would be great for me...

Anne Marie

Kelly - 2-21-2008 at 02:42 PM

Thanks Anne Marie
However, if we want to keep a rough tally I'd have to say that so far northern soul rules as Charlie and Jack are coming in from the North East. Any more interest from the south and west ?

Still open to suggestions- let us know
And now back to playing.............

DaveH - 2-22-2008 at 08:42 AM

Kelly - Banbury is easy for me but if the centre of gravity is north, I agree that would be the way to go. I know Matthew is in Cambridge - you out there Matthew?

Kelly - 2-23-2008 at 01:00 AM

Dave. Thanks for the nod. It might just be magnetic pull ! Are there anyother forces at work

Anne Marie - 2-23-2008 at 02:43 AM

Well, wherever it's going to be, I'll try and make it...

Should be possible to get northern and southern souls together.....

Anne Marie

Ararat66 - 2-23-2008 at 01:32 PM

I'd love to come, Manchester will be fine for me, early summer would be good 24th May to 1st June there is a May holiday here. Outside holidays I can't do Thursdays as I teach (yoga!!). Summer hols start 24th July.

Anyway name a date and I'll do my best to get up there, I have familly near Leeds but none in Manchester so I'd need a floor to crash out on ;)

It would be great to see you all

Leon

Kelly - 2-23-2008 at 02:17 PM

Nice one Leon and thanks for the suggested dates
Yes, we have a good choice of flooring! Any allergies to cats?

Ararat66 - 2-24-2008 at 01:33 AM

Hi Kelly

Yes me beleive it or not - but I'll just have to put up with it.:xtreme:

Leon

Kelly - 2-25-2008 at 12:56 PM

No Problem Leon

We'll book the lovely furry creatures in for a hair cut!

Raabiah - 2-27-2008 at 05:07 PM

WoW! kelly i dont quite know who you are but i visited micheal moussa and he said you recently purchased an oud from him. well, guess what? so did i :D i cant believe it im overly ecstatic and havent yet began tutorial lessons....but lets just say i got the most beautiful oud from him ever and im way tooo excited. oh and the sound...huh! to die for. i'm up for meeting other uk oudi's that would be amazing. ermmm and i love micheal he is such an inspirational and passionate being. anyhoooo whens this gathering taking place????? i'm wanting to find a uk oud tutor, if anyone has the slighest of suggestions please do contact me. it would be greatly appreciated.:))

Peace!1!

DaveH - 2-28-2008 at 01:14 AM

And Raabiah makes one more to the grumpy northerners :D Sounds like Manchester it is, which is great by me so long as you don't all start playing what's the story morning glory on your ouds.

So let's talk dates. So far, I think the only suggestion has been from Leon and these were end May beginning of June. I'm afraid I'm probably abroad between the 25th May and 6th June unfortunately. I also probably can't make the week of the 7th April but otherwise could make pretty much any weekend between April and the end of August. BUT things come up for me at fairly short notice. I would really love to come but if something comes up then I might have to drop out, so if Leon's dates are the only ones that suit the rest, go ahead and plan and I'll do the best I can.

MatthewW - 2-28-2008 at 08:31 AM

hey lads, keep us posted on when and where...will try to make it to the big UK 'Oudstock' if in town at the time..Matthew:airguitar:

Ararat66 - 2-28-2008 at 08:57 AM

Hi Matthew

It'd be great to see you there ... and your Ghadban !!

Leon

Kelly - 2-28-2008 at 01:37 PM

Hi Raabiah, Dave and Mathew

Raabiah I'm glad you found your oud, Yes Michael is spreading his happiness all around, great guy Me self and Awad are going over to see him this week coming so will report back, hopefully will have time to suss some spring/summer dates
Dave, we'll all cheer up when you hit town:bounce:
Thanks Mathew- keep in the loop

Ararat66 - 2-29-2008 at 10:24 AM

Hi I'm not fixed on the dates I said - they are just suggestions to get the ball rolling. Summer hols are good for me but I'm not sure when (or where) we're going away this year. I'll fit in to others - but if we wait for good weather the summer may provide an oh so narrow gap for all of us.:buttrock:

Leon

Ararat66 - 2-29-2008 at 10:26 AM

Where is Mr Moussa in Bradford - I grew up in Morley (Barnsley with carpets!!) and my folks still live there.

Leon

Kelly - 2-29-2008 at 12:36 PM

Michael lives in Darton, just south of Barnsley. I'm sure he'd welcome a visit any time you are up there.

fyenix - 5-2-2008 at 08:55 AM

hey, u guys still up for the oud meeting? i will be in london from june 20th til july 13th

Raabiah - 5-2-2008 at 04:55 PM

yeh! i'm up for it mos defo. just keep me informed oudists and i shall be there :D i think london would be the most suited location even though i am up north but hey, anywhere will do me hehe
Peace out!1!
Raabiah
keep on with the oudism folk!

DaveH - 5-5-2008 at 09:13 AM

I'm still keen too and had meant to try and revive this thread but have been pretty busy recently. Quite happy to help with logistics if it's after this month.

D

fyenix - 6-6-2008 at 11:28 PM

hi, i would like to suggest that we all meet up at SOAS for this uk oudist get together. we can do anytime between 23rd - 27th before 6pm. hope everyone can conrfirm at the soonest. tq

abusin - 6-7-2008 at 03:08 AM

Hi fyenix and the Uk oud clan,

Sorry guys for not being on the forum for a while nursing a nasty cyst on me back Ooch! , thanks to Kelly who came around and treated me with some of his nice taqsims.

I really want this meet to happen even though it will be a bit difficult for me, traveling and that but I am with you..

fyenix, I hope you're having a good time in London, it will be great to have you on this hopefully the UK's first oud gathering :applause:

Come on guys....
up
up
up
up
up

Awad

Kelly - 6-8-2008 at 10:59 AM

Greetings all, apologies for not chiming in sooner. Likewise , Awad, been extremely busy with family and work. It would have to be weekend for me so if your talking 23-27th June then not possible for me.
Awad buddy, give us a call. I hope you're getting your arms round your Moussa oud ok

fyenix - 6-8-2008 at 03:25 PM

hi, the reason that i suggested on 23-27 is because of the iraqi music week happening in soas conducted by ehsan el imam (6pm-9pm). there will be a master class on iraqi oud playing technique/style and concert too. but if you guys wanna do it later also is ok for me as I will be in london til 13th july.

thanks

Yaaaaaay!

Raabiah - 6-9-2008 at 02:52 PM

fyenix that is what i'm talking about. well, if no1 can make it between the dates suggested i will definatley make it down to the best of my ability of course :) just suggest a date guys and i will definatley make this first uk oudists gathering. i need any insight i can recieve from the 'experts' hah

The iraqi music week definatley seems like the perfect location though :applause:
:D
CAN'T WAIT PPL!

keep on oudistatin :D

DaveH - 6-10-2008 at 07:58 AM

I was away for a bit and missed this. London sounds good to me too!

Ararat66 - 6-10-2008 at 09:41 AM

I'll try to make London - easy for me to get to but I am really busy with work at the moment ... but I'm sure I can make it, what date are we looking at and I can pencil it in!!

Leon

fyenix - 6-10-2008 at 07:47 PM

Middle Eastern Music by Ehsan Emam from Iraq

Starting: 23 June 2008 Time: 5:00 - 7:00 PM

Finishes: 27 June 2008 Time: 5:00 - 7:00 PM

Venue: Russell Square: College Buildings

This course is an introduction to Middle Eastern music, both theory & practice. It will cover historical overview, introduce musical theory and instruments, and have a closer look at the region’s musical culture and traditions. Students will also learn to perform a selection of traditional songs. With Ehsan Emam.

anyone?

Raabiah - 6-11-2008 at 03:40 PM

ive just baught tickets to see carlos santana:airguitar: which has cost be a total bomb lol but my hearts tellin me i will defo treck it down to london during the stated dates. it would be awesome if everybody could make it though. count me in!

Peace!1!

Raabiah

fyenix - 6-18-2008 at 04:50 AM

hope to see you there Raabiah, DaveH, Ararat66, Kelly, Abusin and others!

arsene - 6-18-2008 at 02:15 PM

wow, the Ehsam Emam course sounds wonderful. I wish I could make it, but I'm stuck in Holland for that period... :(

abusin - 6-18-2008 at 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by fyenix
hope to see you there Raabiah, DaveH, Ararat66, Kelly, Abusin and others!

Hi fyenix,

I wish I caould make it buddy, I'm unwell :(
I hope you can post some materials you and the others ..

have a good time all,

Awad

DaveH - 6-19-2008 at 11:02 PM

Hi Fyenix and all

The only problem with London is that, surprisingly, none of us seem to live there so noone can play host. I can make an afternoon some time next week but would need to know when, to arrange my schedule. Can you manage a room at SOAS?

I was seriously considering inviting anyone who could to Oxford, where I've recently moved and which is a short bus trip from London, but I'm afraid things are just a bit too manic next week. Another time though, this might be a pretty central venue and I have plenty of floor space, though not much furniture so we would have to do it all araby style. If anyone is interested in arranging this later on in the summer, (August/September), let me know.

MatthewW - 6-20-2008 at 02:07 AM

hey all- I'm in the process of moving around, and so later in the year might be better for me too to try and make it to any UK oud summit. Hope we can sort out a location convenient to all of us. cheers, MW

fyenix - 6-20-2008 at 02:09 AM

hi daveH n all. im ok with anywhere really, most important is we all get a chance to meet up and share our experience :)

DaveH - 6-20-2008 at 04:12 AM

Hi Fyenix.

Just tried to U2U you but I don't think it worked. What I was suggesting was:

I'm wondering, if we're going to meet up next week and you're on the Ahsan Emam course, would you be able to try to set a time and place? You might be able to ask SOAS if they can spare a room. We could all give you our email addresses and you could let you know if you manage to sort something out.

From my own point of view, Wednesday or Thursday would be the best days. I understand from the SOAS website that the course is from 5-7pm, so we could meet in the afternoon if it suited you.

I'm not sure too many others will be able to make it, but the more advance notice we can get, the more likely it is we'll be able to get at least a few people together.

Cheers

fyenix - 6-20-2008 at 07:33 AM

hi daveH, ok i will check with soas first thing monday morning if we can use one of their room for the oud meeting on your suggested date of either wednesday or thursday next week. i will also check with ehsan emam if he could join us and give some demonstration on the oud what not. kindly email your contact number to myloudhouse at gmail dot com

cheers

DaveH - 6-20-2008 at 01:36 PM

Thanks Fyenix. Sent you my email. If anyone else is interested, suggest they do likewise.

Owain-Hawk - 6-23-2008 at 05:26 AM

I'd love to go to the SOAS Iraqi music week! But I don't think I'll make it. It's already started today. But I'd certainly love to meet up with any UK oudists in future, I'm a beginner Oudist and I'm in the North west of England by the sea, a few hours from Manchester.

My first post. :wavey:

Raabiah - 6-23-2008 at 04:02 PM

fyenix and Dave i dont think i'll be able to make it to the SOAS meeting. very unfortunate i must say but i'm completely dedicating my time to my oud now as i have the perfecto guide. perhaps, i may be able to play a few things when we meet...who knows;)

fyenix - 7-15-2008 at 07:50 AM

arabic music week 2008 at soas by ehsan emam

yet another successfull event organized by soas for the arabic music week by ehsan el emam. the video link show one of the many example of his teaching during the program which include the work of sayed darwish, munir bashir, riad sunbathi and many others and the pic was taken at ehsan's home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WHHo7g1cKk

manchester

alan_mardan - 7-16-2008 at 01:11 PM

Hi dave and guys
I live in Manchester and have no car to drive... kind of impossible for me to make it but i would love to meet you all...but a bit far... sorry
regards

abusin - 7-16-2008 at 02:58 PM

Hi Folks,

Yes, it has been a while since I posted something here :rolleyes: "health issues", anyway firstly thanks fyneix for the video and I am sure you've enjoyed the workshops by ustaz Emam, I feel bad for missing it.
Secondly I'd love to take this oportunity to welcome the new homies Owain- Hawk and Alan_Mardan to the forums wishing you guys good ouding and happy stay.
Plans for the summer oud gathering is been discussed currently and I think Manchester will be the host for the kick-off and next years venu to be decided during Manchester's meeting, vote is now open for the date preferably September for the month so we need day and time to suite all. So feel free guys and but in;)
I'll give more details about the plans very soon, meanwhile lets settle for a date.
Alan_mardan check your U2U,

Best regards to all,

Awad

Owain-Hawk - 7-17-2008 at 05:59 AM

Thanks for the welcome Abusin! :D I'd love to meet everyone here, but I hope it's in the north!! ;)

abusin - 8-4-2008 at 04:32 AM

:bounce: ;)

com'on homies September is upon us, any one up for it?

regards,

Awad

Kelly - 8-5-2008 at 09:17 AM

Yeah, of course Awad. How's about 3rd Saturday in September. Hulme Community Centre.

And a little food side fest i!!! mbuzi makubwa wenge

abusin - 8-6-2008 at 04:28 AM

Hi Kelly,

Yeah, that means 20th September 2008 a date for the FIRST EVER UK OUD GATHERING lets make it a date guys :bounce:

Kelly, what are you cooking my friend, I've never heared of that recipe but would love to sample it ;)

We're on this weekend @ Hulme hall see you there for another :airguitar:

Regards to all,

Awad

DaveH - 8-6-2008 at 07:51 AM

Hi Awad and thanks for keeping this alive. I would love to come and am putting the 20th in my diary. I might be getting married that weekend (you'd think I'd know the date by now, wouldn't you?) but short of that, I'll be there.

Kelly, what's the Swahili mean? Something about a big goat? Are you digging a muchomo pit in Hulme community centre? That would be cool.

Owain-Hawk - 8-6-2008 at 09:46 AM

20th September? Cool! Can I come? :D

How will it work, everyone bring their Ouds and just generly talk about Ouds? Kinda sounds like what we do on these forums anyway... just kidding.

I'll probably be meeting Kelly soon anyway, gonna look at an Oud she has, and probably buy it. ;)

abusin - 8-6-2008 at 02:20 PM

Quote:
I might be getting married that weekend (you'd think I'd know the date by now, wouldn't you?) but short of that, I'll be there.

Kelly, what's the Swahili mean? Something about a big goat? Are you digging a muchomo pit in Hulme community centre? That would be cool.

Hi DaveH

Congrats in advance mate, I'd love this thing to lift off sometime soon before Manchester skies open up, check your dairy and let us know and we may consider postpondment ;)

Do not forget you the one behind this so your presence is a must :buttrock:

regards,

Awad

abusin - 8-6-2008 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Owain-Hawk
20th September? Cool! Can I come? :D

How will it work, everyone bring their Ouds and just generly talk about Ouds? Kinda sounds like what we do on these forums anyway... just kidding.

I'll probably be meeting Kelly soon anyway, gonna look at an Oud she has, and probably buy it. ;)

Hi Owain,

yes mate you're most welcome, what else to do or talk about buddy but Ouds once you start its hard to stop, I'm sure you already found out ;)

I know Kelly's Oud very well, you will love it but a friendly advice do not raise your expectation mate Kelly is a bloke :))

See ya soon,

Awad

Owain-Hawk - 8-6-2008 at 02:32 PM

Hah! That would've been embarrasing... sorry Kelly! :)

Looking forward to hopefully seeing you all on the set date. Woo! :xtreme:

Kelly - 8-7-2008 at 01:15 PM

No worries Owain

Hi to all. If anyone is up for a meat feast goat, sheep, camel....... let us know.

It would be good if Micheal Moussa was able to come but I think he's in Egypt about then I'll try to get some dates from him also. keep in touch and I'll see you Sunday Awad.

Owain-Hawk - 8-7-2008 at 01:30 PM

I'd love to meet Micheal Moussa. Did you get your Nahat style Moussa Oud yet, Kelly? I'd love to have a look at that, I'm wanting to get one of those from him too. :airguitar:

Kelly - 8-8-2008 at 12:04 PM

Hi Owain. Yes I picked it up the other day. It plays very well. Just getting used to the 7 courses. Its like having 2 instruments in one- high string side and bass. I'll post a pic of Dr Moussa and his oud. Sound file to follow when I've mastered mp3 formatting!

Kelly - 8-8-2008 at 12:10 PM

Michael Moussa and oud

Kelly - 8-8-2008 at 12:11 PM

oops! pictures didn't transport will try again.

MatthewW - 8-9-2008 at 12:38 PM

hi all- Where is Hulme center? When you guys have a fixed date and time all sorted please post all the details and directions. Hope to make it. Cheers- Matthew

Ararat66 - 8-10-2008 at 11:06 AM

I'd love to come - at the moment the 20th looks clear so send me details too. What is the format for the day, it sounds like you have a regular thing going on there. Is there anywhere to kip? if needs be!! It'll be great to meet you all, a real pleasure.

Leon:xtreme:

abusin - 8-10-2008 at 01:44 PM

Hi Matthew, Leon, and all

Thank you for the readyness guys your attendace will really be an asset to this first gathering, since DaveH will be busy getting married on that date ;) I don't want him to miss this meet, also as my plans includes Ustaz Mussa who has just attended one of our weekly oud meeting I really want people to benefit from his vast knowledge and experties as he offered a lecture and a music workshop . He is leaving to Egypt and usa on the fifth of Sept so I'm suggesting the 27th of Sept to accomodate him and DaveH and I hope this suits all. In regards for a kip it can be arranged.

I am hoping to hear your say guys and its open to your suggestions,

Address and directions to Hulme hall will follow.

Regards,

Awad

Ararat66 - 8-10-2008 at 02:18 PM

27th is fine by me

Cheers

Leon

DaveH - 8-11-2008 at 12:46 AM

hi Awad, Kelly Leon et al

Sorry, i haven't checked the forums for a few days. A bit busy ;). I'm actually getting married on the 27th - the dates weren't resolved last time I posted. That means the original date (20th) would be best for me. I can't guarantee I can make that either, but it should be possible. I'd really love to come but don't want to mess up your plans and then not make it, so I leave it up to Awad. If it's on the 20th I will do my best, but if the 27th suits others better, go ahead.

Awad, assuming I can come, let me know if there's anything I can bring/ do to help.

Best wishes to all
Dave

Ararat66 - 8-11-2008 at 02:14 AM

I can be flexible through September as long as it is a weekend (Kids, Work etc). Dave, it would be great to see you mate, you are not too far from me, you are in Oxford aren't you? but if you come to an oud meeting straight from taking your vows you'll be playing oud in the dog house for the forseeable future:D:D Congratulations have a great day.

Leon:buttrock:

abusin - 8-12-2008 at 12:42 AM

Hi all,

Date is now set for the 27th, DaveH you enjoy your big day my friend :D I really wanted you to be with us on the opening leg, if any changes in plans do come over please attend. Otherwise videos and soud clips will be available to all.
Leon looking forward to meet you and others..
:bounce:

see ya all,

please keep this post up guys :xtreme:

Regards,

Awad

DaveH - 8-12-2008 at 12:31 PM

Thanks all, especially Awad for trying to include me, unfortunately I think for my own safety I should take Leon's advice and not jump on a train up to Hulme straight after. I'm very disappointed but it's just not going to work out this time. There will be others though and I'm looking forward to meeting you all. We have space here in Oxford for a few ouds and a few bodies to sleep over. Leon, if you're coming back on the following day, you're welcome to drop by on the way.

So have a great time and post pics/videos.

Dave

charlie oud - 8-13-2008 at 03:24 AM

Hi UK mob, been on my hols but caught up with Kelly on the phone. Date is difficult at the moment but gonna try rearrange things so I can be there, fingers crossed, such a great opportunity for us. Hey Dave, congratulations, I wish you both every happiness, & lets face it, you cant exactly say, "sorry honey, ouds up north on that day" ha ha te he :D :D :airguitar:

DaveH - 8-14-2008 at 03:37 AM

Hi Charlie

I was going to try that, but I have unpleasant memories of an ex and a guitar (see here for the general idea).

abusin - 8-24-2008 at 04:00 AM

:bounce: :applause::D

Kelly - 9-8-2008 at 02:23 PM

Hi All

Just to confirm details for Saturday 27th September Get-together here in Manchester.

The Venue: Hulme Hall Community Centre, Rolls Crecent, Hulme, Manchester M15 1RF next to Hulme Garden Centre and behind The Junction Pub.
The Hall is has a kitchen as well as a meeting area. We will be able to provide light refreshments: sandwiches, tea,coffee etc.
Time: the hall will be open from 10 am till evening.
Programme: very informal aim to to meet and get to know each other share some music, play and listen- no pressure.
Micheal Moussa has offered to give a brief talk on his experience of oud-making and may well bring some examples !!
It would be useful towards the end of the day if we could discuss the possibility of organising further get togethers.

Depending on peoples' committments it would be good to go into Manchester or Rusholme for an evening meal. In order to accommodate those observing Ramadan this would need to be later around 8 pm.
Accommodation: I can put up 2 people on spare beds if anyone needs overnight. Friday/ Sat. Please email me and let me know.
If anyone has any further suggestions, reasonable requests or queries please let me or Awad know and indicate on the forum or email who can definately come so that we can get an idea of firm numbers.
Thanks everybody. Lets make it a great day. I'm looking forward to meeting everybody.

charlie oud - 9-10-2008 at 09:16 AM

Hi Kelly, Still trying to make it, will be in touch. Dont have your email, mine is on my profile, please send me yours sometime, Cheers mate.C

Kelly - 9-10-2008 at 02:47 PM

Thanks Charlie

I hope you can make it my email is: kellyburke531@ms.com

abusin - 9-11-2008 at 04:35 AM

Hi Folks,

please find below directional maps and metro/trains/bus and car routes "bike also Kelly ;)"
hope to see many of you :buttrock:

Awad

Maps

patheslip - 9-11-2008 at 11:00 AM

Good luck lads and keep up the meetings. I'd love to get together and hear some real oud players.

I'll be out earning an honest crust with the fiddle so I can't come. :shrug: It'll be my 29th wedding this year, so far. I might as well be a vicar.

Kelly - 9-11-2008 at 01:53 PM

Thanks. Awad I'm figuring out how to take 2 ouds safely on a bike across Manchester. Maybe if I leave early in the morning I'll avoid the worst of the crazy traffic!!

Patheslip- thanks for your support we'll keep you posted. Best of luck with Haste to the Wedding.

Kelly

abusin - 9-12-2008 at 03:47 AM

:airguitar::airguitar::airguitar:

Kelly - 9-15-2008 at 01:26 PM

SO Who's up for the 27th?

Please let us know whos for coming by leaving a note here.

So far we have: myself, Awad, Osman, Michael, Owain ?Charlie. Anyone from down south?

Accomodation and lifts from Piccadilly/Victoria train station can be arranged if needed

Ararat66 - 9-15-2008 at 11:56 PM

Hi Kelly

I'll be there - I'll try and bring some south coast sunshine (oh yeah!!) with me ;). I'll be in touch soon can't wait to see you all.

Leon

Owain-Hawk - 9-16-2008 at 03:16 AM

I will come (hopefully), but as you know Kelly, I take a long time to get around to coming over... ;)

I talked to Raabiah, and I think she might be coming also, but you'll have to double check with her... anyway, I'll be coming with my dad :)

Can't wait to meet you all. :xtreme::buttrock::airguitar:

abusin - 9-16-2008 at 04:38 AM

Hi all,

I am looking forward to see you guys on our opening leg, all the best wishes for it to succeed and for us to meet and know each other and hopefully to make it the start for future meetings and events. :xtreme:

Thanks Owain for letting Raabiah know, hope she can make it... your dad is welcome I am sure he will have a good time and at least its a chance for him to see for himself what you letting yourself into :))

I am really looking forward to see you all, please to all attendees if you have any wants/ needs to cater for let us know in advance ..

Thanks to Mike Malik for giving us this opportunity :xtreme::xtreme:

Awad

Owain-Hawk - 9-16-2008 at 05:38 AM

Yes, a big thanks to Mike, or this could have never happened in the first place. And another big thanks to everyone else who organized it!

Just a question though, should I bring my own Oud, or will there be enough Ouds to have a play on? Both my Ouds are nothing special, and at the moment, neither are playable! One has too much buzzing going on, the other has two pegs stuck.. :rolleyes:

"Dad? I have to tell you something... I.. er, I'm addicted to... Ouds... :))"

See you there.:airguitar:

DaveH - 9-16-2008 at 11:17 AM

Hey all

Gutted not to be making this but as you know I have another pressing engagement. I'm still very glad we're finally doing this though. Have a brilliant time, enjoy the generous hospitality of Awad and Kelly, post lots of photos and audio and make a date for round 2! I will try my damnest to make it.

Happy music making.

Dave

Kelly - 9-16-2008 at 12:14 PM

Thanks Leon, Owain and Dave H

Leon, you're welcome to kip at mine Friday or Saturday if you wish. I'll chuck the cats out! let me know.

Owain, bring your oud(s) if you've got room- we'll have a go at unsticking some pegs. Dr Moussa might have a cure! Yes, there will be other ouds around for sure and I'll bring the Shehata for you to have a try out.

DaveH, have a great day and we'll be celebrating for you too

Kelly.

charlie oud - 9-17-2008 at 01:10 PM

SORTED :bounce: gonna be there :bounce: just booked my train ticket :bounce: arrive Manchester Piccadilly at 10.05 am :bounce: only down side have to get the train back at 5.25 pm due to next day committments:( but so glad I can make it :bounce: look forward to meeting you all :airguitar: Charlie

Kelly - 9-18-2008 at 01:09 PM

Nice one Charlie, give us a ring and let me know if you want a lift from the station.
Look forward to meeting you.

Pages:  1  2