Mike's Oud Forums

Capturing oud music

oudmad - 5-31-2008 at 01:24 PM

I have watched and heard pieces of oud music that I would really like to listen to more often without having to watch a video each time I listen. Is there a way of capturing just the audio from say a taqseem on youtube (or any other video source on the internet)? Thanks for your help.

arsene - 5-31-2008 at 04:45 PM

Search Google for "Total Recorder". It comes in Standard and Pro edition. It can record from your PC's soundcard. Very easy to use, press record in TR, play YouTube movie, pronto.

It doesn't come for free though...

oudmad - 5-31-2008 at 07:03 PM

Thanks. I'm going to try it. But does the program allow you to play the pieces via the regular music wares (Real Player or Windows Media etc)?

oudmad - 5-31-2008 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by arsene
Search Google for "Total Recorder". It comes in Standard and Pro edition. It can record from your PC's soundcard. Very easy to use, press record in TR, play YouTube movie, pronto.

It doesn't come for free though...

I've just ordered it. Thanks for your help

Greg - 6-1-2008 at 01:17 AM

The program I use to save off the audio from all types of video (including youtube files) is AoA Audio Extractor.

It's freeware and it is quite a sophisticated piece of software.

Download it from http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm

Regards,

Greg

Beas.One - 6-1-2008 at 01:50 PM

One more piece of advice when recording from youtube is to add "&fmt=18" to the end of the video URL to play the video in 'high definition'. Good luck. ;)