Mike's Oud Forums

curious about this oud maker

jaron - 7-29-2008 at 05:32 PM

Can anyone supply some information in English about this maker?

Thanks so much...

http://www.albsryuod.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB0xV-iSf6U

spyrosc - 7-29-2008 at 08:58 PM

He is Abu Kharit Al Basri, Thabet Al Basri, from Basra Iraq

Spyros C.

francis - 7-30-2008 at 12:50 AM

He seems to work in a very personnal way for a few instruments: very curved pegboxes, separate bridges ( & nuts? ), really fine craftwork.....
Is it possible to read is site in english or french?
Thanks to the guys used to arabic language.

Jassim - 7-30-2008 at 04:59 AM

i know his ouds its very bad oud and bad finishing my freind and bad sound too

jaron - 7-30-2008 at 06:46 AM

Jassim, I enjoy your music!

What made me curious was the unusual aesthetics. Is this style associated with Basra, or is it just this one maker?

Is it possible that these ouds aren't "bad" in every way, but might respond to an idea about the oud that makes sense to players in Basra?

Jassim - 7-30-2008 at 10:10 AM

there are good oud maker in basra as like Fozzy Manshad

karimdk - 8-3-2008 at 02:23 PM

i can't understand what's your problems with our big best oud maker thabet albasry!! is it only beacuse he is from basra or from iraq ؟؟؟
you must know him well before .. and how is the life in basra .. how can he work with the bad situation in iraq now !!
you must learn alot of things from these men like thabet albasry .. i mean not only music !! but every thing
ask alot about his makers .. in iraq , egybt , kuwait , lebanon , syria ,
it seems that you are very poor in music ..
i advice you avery important thing .. read and learn the real music before talking about it !!
thabet albasry one of the best oud makers ..

Aziz - 8-4-2008 at 01:48 AM

I think Thabet is one of the best. Here you may see and hear one of his ouds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8V3621N1mQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXMowAn_wwM&feature=related

Jassim - 8-4-2008 at 03:30 AM

can i ask some thing?
when we say he is the one of the best oud maker !!
where is his oud then?
he say im the great maker im the best maker im the teacher of the all makers !!!!!!!!
and when we resive the oud from him it whas the badest oud ever that i have seen
sorry for that but i must say it
oud for 5000 $ its not cheep and without sound why?
the art work he stik it on the sound bord not inside it why?
and the sound bord less than 1 mm why?
when i tune the oud immeditly the sound bord dameg why?
the sound box 55 cm long why?? its need two players to handel it
becose its good hand made oud??
this is a good forum for oud player and oud makers
i found good makers here and good ouds here
pls dont show bad ouds for the pepole and when they bay it they well found very bad ouds in bad shape

then they well say mike oud cheet us !!!!

Jassim - 8-4-2008 at 03:54 AM

and this one

Jassim - 8-4-2008 at 03:56 AM

and this

Jassim - 8-4-2008 at 03:58 AM

sorry for this pic but this is the ouds for the best maker as he say
No comment

Thabet is a good oud maker

AOUDLOVER - 8-5-2008 at 02:47 PM

Mr, jassim please try to respect the other and try to write the positive things about the other . i think mebe you have personal problem with thabet.. i asked you since 2 years that i like to buy a iraqi oud,, and you told me buy thabet elbasry oud!!!! what is happend now,, you changed your uponion,, and you attaked the man in every forum??? it is not fair.. so please thinking what you write and what you do. i wish you a good time and greetings.

Jassim - 8-5-2008 at 03:43 PM

i didnt say any thing about him self
im talking about the ouds
no body can say about him self that he is the best and the other maker are student for him
he say to the pepole that i can do Miracle on the oud pls can you show it to us maybe im wrong about his ouds and his prises
and pls when did i tould you buy his oud? if it by email can you show us here?
or if you contact me py phon can you but my phon here?
or in you contact me by mail can you but my address here?
or you ara a freind of main can you say my name that my freind call me by it ?
and can you tel me what is the fourms that i attaked thabet in it?
my freind sorry but i dont know you

here is you telefon nr.

AOUDLOVER - 8-5-2008 at 09:27 PM

Jassim,, you told me in 2 ways ,, one way at telefon hier ist your telefon nr. 009659896988, i called you and asked you that i like to buy iraqi oud,, and you told me buy thabet ouds.!!
also you told me in chatt in MSN and this is your msn email alarroug@hotmail.com
you writed also bad words about his work and his ouds in youtube. My dear i am not with aginst Thabet or with thabet against you. i just write what happend with me. before you was very happy with thabet ouds,, and you want one time to seell one time oud for Siryal with 3000$ and when i asked you Jassim this is alot mony for a oud maker like Siryal you told me ,, no siryal is very good maker he is a student of Thabet.. then how you told me that and know you write that thabet make bad ouds.. every oud maker make good ouds and me be some bad ouds,, the oud by thabet startet by 1100 $ also the price like also other oud makers.
i think that thabet is a good oud maker,, and i saw many nice ouds with a friends. and i play on one ,, and it is realy nice a good work. for this i am surprised that you write so about Thabet ouds,, some thing is happend between you and thabet,, and make you do this.. Jassim you told me many time before,, buy thabet ouds and when i contact thabet it was a problem with the transport ,, and i told you agin this,, and you told me ,, tell thabet that he can send me the oud to me and i will send the oud then to you (switzerland) .. did you remmber now? kind regards
i wish you the good day.

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 12:25 AM

this email ok and i kright it in this form
and this phon with me since 8 monthhow did you call me on it before 2 years :)
switzrland ??
my freind i see here that you freind for thabet :)
thabet dont sell oud 1100 $
his prises start on 2500 $
and about what did i say on youtube he say that i have a Miracle oud :)
tell us pls where is it? and what is Miracle OUD !!!!!!!!!!!!
and you didnt show me when did i tould you to buy thabet oud :)
the phon nomber is not correct
and the email is here in this form :)
and if you see nice oud for thabet with your freind can you photto it and show it to us maybe we can found the Miracle oud :)
let the pepole see the good oud that you are talking about it we love good ouds
and about the syiral oud its befor 8 month and you can cheak it here :)
not befor 2 years :)

no comments

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 12:59 AM

first i am not a friend from Thabet,, i am from egypt and his is from Iraq.. i will be very happy to be a friend of him..
secound every oud player heard or know thabet.. at the end.. if you like his ouds or you donot like it dosent it matter.
i will post here the oud which i saw with my friend.. i need to go to get fotos for this oud.

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 01:05 AM

very good :)
but let the oud in your hand when you foto it pls

Oudism - 8-6-2008 at 06:21 AM

2500$ the cost of an Oud having his picture on it?? no no no, w 1000 no, I'll order a oud from el Basri such as the one in the photo below, having in mind seducing Angelina Jolie and bring her home, to my heart, my heart stiking to that Oud, thru the doors of that Oud.:cool:

SamirCanada - 8-6-2008 at 06:57 AM

hehehe...
funny

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 07:03 AM

hehehehehe

Oudism - 8-6-2008 at 07:21 AM

abwaab essa3ada fil 3uud, mobde3 el basri
Wachting his videos on youtube he said that he's against all tradition. Fe3lan, indeed, to the extend that his ouds looks like they are oustiders. Too much intelligence sometimes leads to a disaster:D

You can Ask Mr. Nasser Shama about Thabet

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 09:10 AM

Dear Mr. Jaron you can ask mr. Nasser Shama about thabet and his ouds. here you see Nasser playing on Thabet Oud.

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 12:34 PM

this oud not for nasser my freind
he went to his school and show him the oud and i can do that and every one here can do it
and i have vidio another player trying it :)
where is the photo???????????????????????
pls show it to us and dont try this thing again :)

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 12:45 PM

pls we want to see your freind thabet oud that as you tould us :)
in your hand my freind

Why you angry with thabet

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 02:05 PM

sure i will post you the foto, i must go to my friend about 100 KM.
but i will do it in the next days when i get some time from the work. but why you are angery with thabet..?? is beacuse he did a forum for him self?? or what is exactly the reason.
By the way thabet need not a certifed from me or from you to say he make a good ouds.. he has name and no one can take this name out from the oud market.. take it easy and enjony your time..

Jassim - 8-6-2008 at 02:09 PM

my freind what is your problem with the fourms :)
if he had his oun website or not who cares :)
im not angre but when some body say some thing it must be tru
sorry for my english its better to right arabic hehehe

No Problem

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 02:14 PM

no problem about the english i understand you very well,, sure i am agree with you that not all what thabet did is my favorit ouds,, but you know we need to say also bravo when some thing good,, and i am sure that thabet did many good ouds. and also may be he did bad ouds.. i think this is normal. but i am agree with that some people give big names and big words for nothing.. kind regards

Wadee Elsafi in Thabet Workshop

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 09:46 PM

ok, her is the greetman Wadee Elsafi with Thabet Elbasry in his shop in el basra..

Abdelraoouf Ismaeel in Thabet Workshop

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 09:53 PM

ok, her is the one of the best player in egypt, abelraoouf Ismaeel
with Thabet Elbasry in his shop in el basra..

Mr.Ganem Eldekan and Mr. Mahmoud Elkueti

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 09:56 PM

here we can see Mr.Ganem Eldekan and Mr. Mahmoud Elkueti with Oudmaker Thabet in his shop..

Oud Player from Emaratis

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 10:01 PM

We can see in this pic Oud player and Actors form Emaratis with Thabet Elbsary in his shop in Al basra.

Saudia Oud Player and Musicar

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 10:03 PM

We can see in this pic Oud player and Actors form Saudia with Thabet Elbsary in his shop in Al basra.

Some Thabet Ouds

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 10:06 PM

here are some thabet ouds..

AOUDLOVER - 8-6-2008 at 10:13 PM

I am not with thabet againt any one here.. i like to give every one his right,, and Thabet need not me to take about him.. he has his name in the oud market. But i feel we need to say for every oud maker you are good but try to be more and more good... or try to be the best.
my way is not only write the bad thing about the oud maker,, or just show his bad works.. when the oud maker start to build ouds,, he do some works which not proffesional work, but by the time his work going very well.
i wish all the best and all hope enjoy playing oud.. Farauk ouds, Thabet ouds, Elsabsaby ouds, Fathi Ammen ouds,, etc.. thanks all. kind regards Abdoul

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 12:15 AM

no no my freind
this is not in basra this is in Oud & Morwas shop in kuwait for his owner rashed alrasheed :)
and this pic from his shop thabet work for rashed alrashed its not thabet shop :)
and those ouds they take pic its not for thim again :)

Take it easy and go to drink Tee with him

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 12:32 AM

my dear.. smile.. there is no Thabet El Basry in our life.. who is thabet??? :D :applause: :)) take it easy and go to al basra to drink tee with him and he show you his ouds..

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 12:37 AM

as you like :) but i dont like tea i drink cofe
this oud whas made in kuwait in rashed alrasheed shop and thabet work for him
dont try to lie to us pls
:)

They have sure Cufe for you

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 12:45 AM

sure i am lieig for you, i got 5000 $ from Thabet to say this,, to do montage for the photso.. and sure i bring Wadee Alsafee to al Basra.. you know my dear to make mistak is not a problem.. but the problem when you still do the same mistak....:D

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 12:48 AM

i well give you 50000 $ but dont lie :)

ok,, just send me the mony

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 12:51 AM

ok,, just send me the mony ,, and i write your a big oud maker and your the best.. and you are the best player in the world.. and i brign also wadee elsafee to take foto with you..:D:D:wavey:

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 01:01 AM

hehehe no thanks
im not an oud maker and im not a good player too :)
so i dont need from you any thing my freind :)
and i have many photo with great oud player :)

TV and Newspaper Take about Thabet

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 01:40 AM

The TV and Newspaper took about Thabet albasry and about his work .:D :D. Take care the TV and newspaper visted him at home and saw his work he work. Do you think my Dear Freind that they take mony also like me???:D:D

TV Take about Thabet

Newspaper Write about Thabet

Another Newspaper Write about him

thanks all

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 01:57 AM

huh
mahmod alkuwaity play on thabet oud?
he is the agint for mahamad fadhel in kuwait:)))))))))))

Did you enjoy the tv??

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 02:01 AM

Did you enjoy the tv??
Did you enjoy reading the newspaper?
i searching more for you about newspaper and tv.. and every one can search by him self in google about Thabet albasry... i think it is very hot in Kauit? :D :D

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 02:14 AM

hehehehe yes bring more lies pls its so funny:)

Every one can see and read

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 03:04 AM

I think every one can see and read by him self,, and collect information in his mind.... or did you think i made the tv programm by my self??:))

I am also with AOUDLOVER

kaled_mabruk - 8-7-2008 at 04:53 AM

I am also with AOUDLOVER in his thinking,, thabet is one of the best oud maker,, his very kindly person,, and also make very nice ouds,, i saw by my self in the tv music programm about him and his work. greeting to all oudmakers.
Kaled Mabruk

alan_mardan - 8-7-2008 at 09:06 AM

Dear Jassem & Oudlover
listen to this great history which happened me for one month ago. I think it is a very good chance for me to interfere and give you an idea about thabet al basry and get you rid of this head ache.

As my oud has been broken for two years and i couldn't get it repeared, i decided to buy a new oud and started to do some reseachs and finally heard about Thabet Albasry. I called him and he was in Egypt to for an operation. He sounded very polite and helpfull and told me that he was busy and he recomended me another oud maker who called Karim Al fathel. I saw and advertising on albasry's forum that karim al fathel very good make and bla bla bla.... I called karim and asked him aboud his oud models and the way he made them. He said it takes 15 days to make an oud and i will send it to you. i thought i was lucky and the price was 450$ plus 250 DHL postage. He explained me about the new peg box shape ( qausy) and said it's better than the normal one to protect the neck from extra load. He said i want money in advance i sent him all the money through western union the 22th May and called him after 15 days he said wait 3 days more i will call you. No phone call, i called him after 5 days and he said i oh i have some problems wait 10 days more and i said ok. i called him after 15 days to dont rush him and he said oh not ready yet. Any way i recieved finally in a white box which is used in Iaq to keep ice in or icecream. the oud wasn't protected by any fabric or any bag just placed in that big box and the sound board was ccratched every were and cracked from three places on the sound board. i got mad and called him and he said oh i thought they would cover it properly in DHL's office, although i told him many times be careful with the shipment and protect it well and he said dont worry i have sent many like this. now the problem is that the oud is not even <b>hug</b>ing playable at all and his <b>hug</b>ing pegbox is cracked already on one peg. so dear oudists you can juge my case and write to me if a'm wrong. i called him again he didn't bother at all.

If thabt was worried about his reputation he wouldn't recomend me a man like karim. a profesional maker should be true to people and advise them right. Although thabt is very nice person cause i talked to him personaly and liked his conversation. I'm not talking <b>shoot</b> about him but if he advised me that maker then his ouds are not better. i have bought an oud at the same time on my trip to Greece from Tasos and tried to compare them bouth. the different between tasos oud construction and the materials he uses is 1000 times better than karims. Although am from iraq but i would never buy an Iraqi oud any more unless i see it and try it.

Dear oudlove i'm not against you but i think its good to try thinks like me and jassem before judging. You won't believe how sad i'm still.

I hope i havn't left any bad impression about about my self...I

Regards to you both and all members:)

alan_mardan - 8-7-2008 at 09:09 AM

By the way maybe thabets ouds are very good so i really dont know if his ouds are bad or not, but he is a very nice person and loves to help people to advice them.

regards

You are Dear alan_mardan

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 11:02 AM

Dear alan_mardan you are right in what you say. I get my oud by this way from albasra,, i payed for this oud 1500$ With shipping.. the oud was not from Thabet and not from karim.. form another big oudmaker i will not write his name here,, beacuse i do not like to make a bad idee about him.. i was dreaming to get a oud form this person and i called thabet and told him that i like to get oud from this person ,, he helped me and giving me the telefon nr for this man. i ordered my oud for 1200 $ plus 300$ transport with TNT.. i did the same like you (calling many time). he made the oud really in the exactly 2 weeks,, and i called him many time please care about shipping.. he told yesi did donot worray,.,, and at the end i got the oud brocken,, i was very sad. and i called him and tell him that the oud is broken.he told me .. he is ready for evry thing.. he can do what i wish . if i like to take the mony back his ready to do this. he told me just tell me what you wish form me,, and i do what you say.. you know i feel it is not his mistak 100% the sitauation in iraq is very bad and i did with him another deal that he make another oud for just the cost of the material and his work hours and no profit,, he agree and i orderd the oud again.. now the oud ready in albasra but i do not know how i can brign the oud to here with no problem..

when i take about thabet.. i do not like that a person show only the bad things form thabet,, this is not fair.. thabet make really a very good ouds,, i saw by my self a oud in egypt with a oud teacher which work with mr.Nasser and the oud looks very nice and sound very nice..

for this i am not agree that we show only the bad works from a person we need to show both,, the bad and also the nice and the good work.

sorry that i write you long. but it nice to write you.. and sorry what happend for your oud,, i feald the same feeling last month.

i wish you a good time and nice to hear from you agian.

kind regards to you and to all members

SamirCanada - 8-7-2008 at 11:38 AM

if you live in Egypt why do you bother ordering a oud all the way from Iraq.
You can find nice Iraqi style ouds in Egypt.

i live in switzerland

AOUDLOVER - 8-7-2008 at 11:51 AM

Hallo Mr. Samir no i am from egypt but i live the whole year in switzerland, i go only one week or 2 weeks in a year in holiday..but i did not find in egypt iraqi works, i mean oud from iraqi oudmakers,, it was egyption makers who do the iraqi stile..

alan_mardan - 8-7-2008 at 05:30 PM

Dear oud lover
I agreee with you but i mentioned that he might be a very good oud maker as he sounds so kind as well. I said that he shouln't recomend me that oud maker but he wanted to help me. he is a very nice person and i have not tried his ouds yet but am sure he could make a good oud as he is so known in Iraq. The fact is that he told me Karim al fathel is my student. its why am so dissapointed with him, cause he is his studen then how is the teacher. any way i just wanted to empty my unger a bit.

Regards to you and all of the forum
Alan

SamirCanada - 8-7-2008 at 08:32 PM

the floating bridge design was invented by Mohamed Fadhel but it doesn't mean that only Iraqi Luthiers are able to make the floating bridge ouds.
I tried ouds from Foad Jihad and Fauzi Monshed.
I didnt like them as much as the oud made for my friend by maurice shehata in egypt.

check the oud out.
it was a real pleasure to play it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBXyCIsZ0A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4sNUgzlcGA

Jassim - 8-7-2008 at 11:13 PM

dear samir dont waist your time :)
this gay take arownd to all fourms and say the same word about thabet as he say he give him 5000 $ :)

why you go between Samir and OUDLOVER

ARAB_MUSIC-PA - 8-8-2008 at 12:38 AM

Jassim the gay write his idee and he say we need to show the good work and the bad work from the oud makers,, he is right and fair,, but are unpolite person, it can not be that you are musicer.. the person who play music must feel the others.
he ask samir why you go between samir and the OUDLOVER,, is this not your business... i think you need to learn how you cuminicat with people.

تعلم من سمير و عودلافر

ARAB_MUSIC-PA - 8-8-2008 at 12:40 AM

جاسم لقد تابعت الحوار الطويل عن ثابت لم يدافع عن ثابت انما قال انني يجب ان نظهر العمل الجيد والغير جيد للصانع ولا نذكر دائما العمل السئ اما انت فانك انسان غير مهذب لا تجيد الحوار وتستخدم الفاظ لا تليق باسلوب الحوار المتحضر فما دخلك انت بينة وبين الاخ سمير فانظر كيف دار الحوار بينو بين سمير حوار كلة ادب وحب واحترام فتعلم منهم ولا تحشر نفسك بينهم فواللة ما اراك الا فتان بين الناس فاتقي اللة فيما تقول

Jassim - 8-8-2008 at 01:39 AM

ماشالله رحت سويت نك جديد :)
مامليتو من النصب على المساكين؟؟
ياتوني يوميا شباب يقولون لي انه تم النصب عليهم من قبل هذا الصانع
هل تريد ان اريك الاعواد التي دفعو فيها مبالغ تزيد عن 2500 $ وكانت في حاله سيئه وكاتب على وجه العود اشعار وكاتب انا المعجز والفنان؟؟
اقول حاول ان تنصب على ناس اخرين
نحن ندري من تكون وياثابت لاتتنكر باسماء اخرى
وتكذب وتقول ان صور الاعواد هذي بالبصره وهيه كانت بحولي في محل عود ومرواس لصاحبه راشد الرشيد وانت كنت عامل لديه
لماذا تنكر فظل الناس عليك؟
وتقول انا احسن صانع اعواد بالعالم
لماذا لم تقل لهم انك توقفت عن الصناعه لمده عشرين عام؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟؟
يا ناس تعلمو
لقد توقع عن الصناعه بعام 1983
ولم يصنع اي عود
ورجع للصناعه بسنه 2004
يعني توقف 21 سنه ثم رجع ويقول انا احسن صانع اعواد بالعالم
لو كنت احسن صانع بالعالم كما تقول لماذا توقفت عن الصناعه؟؟؟
لماذا حرمت العالم من اعوادك التحف المعجزه؟
هل لان لم يشتريها احد؟؟
او كانت مستواها فوق مستوى العازفين؟
بالعقل يا اخوان
هل هناك صانع جيد وكان في عز الصناعه يقول لا اريد ان اصنع اعواد وتوقف 21 سنه؟؟
واحد وعشرين سنه يا اخوان
وياتي الان ويلغي كل الصانعين الذين ظهرو وطورو ويقول انا استاذ الاساتذه ويظع شعارات العود الملكي والعود الاميري وعود الشيوخ؟؟؟؟
وانا لا اصنع للعازفين العاديين؟؟؟؟؟؟
يجب ان يكونو شيوخ واماراء؟؟؟
والان اسالك
انت تقول انك عملت عود للامير الكويت؟؟
هل هوه صحيح لدى امير الكويت؟؟
وتقول انك صنعت عود لحاكم دبي؟؟
هل هوه لدى حاكم دبي ام فقط هيه شعارات لجذب المساكين ممن ليست لديهم اي خبره بالعود؟؟
يا عالم شوفو والله ترى لا يوجد عند الامير عود من ثابت
ولا حاكم دبي عنده
هيه فقط دعايه حتى يجذب العالم ويدفعو الاف الدولارات لديه بحكم انه صانع الامراء والملوك
عيب عليك والله
انا اول مره اشوف صانع يعمل الامور هذي
واذا لم تصدقوني يا اخوان اذهبو الى اليوتيب وانظرو ماذا يكتب
عود الاميري
عود الملوك
عود الشيوخ
عود الاعجاز
ولكم انتم الحكم
لماذا لم يظع عود الفقير الي على قد حاله؟؟؟

AOUDLOVER - 8-8-2008 at 02:48 AM

Hallo Jassim, Hallo ARAB_MUSIC-PA .please i do not like that i am the reason that every one fight with other.. and Jassim Samir ask me why i did not buy from egypt and i answerd him. so it not nice from you my dear to write samir (do not waste you time with me) i did not ask samir for some thing he asked me..
and be sure i donot like to waste your time or the time for samir.. so please my dear do not fight with ARAB_MUSIC-PA
and ARAB_MUSIC-PA please do write more against or attaked Jassim. Jassim write some thing about me.. and i can write him if like..
so my freinds have a nice times, kind regards to all.

And Samir i am sorry that i wiste your time..

fyenix - 8-8-2008 at 03:39 AM

great, now we got arabic writings involved! translation plz anyone?

thanks in advance

alan_mardan - 8-8-2008 at 04:21 AM

Dear Samircanada
The foating oud was invented in Iraq but it doesn't mean it can only be made there. i bilieve that makers from other countries can even make it better than iraqi makers. I have just recieved one from iraq and it's rubish. Some of them just advertise for them self and still dont know how to constuct an oud.

Regards

SamirCanada - 8-8-2008 at 04:38 AM

thats what I was saying Alan-mardan,
I am with you 100%

you didnt waste my time. I just asked why you insist on having a oud from Iraq when its so risky now to get one from there.
Most of Nasser Shamma's students get their ouds from Egypt.

i am sure the situation is hard in Iraq now to make ouds.
so anyone working there to make it is probably working under a lot of stress.

If I know it took someone 15 days to make the oud I know there is a problem.
I know even if the maker is very good he cannot only make your oud right away and 15 days is not enough time really to make something high quality. Only the very best oud makers can make them so fast and it needs for them to have a lot of machinery in order to make them faster.

oudplayer - 8-8-2008 at 04:50 AM

just wanna poke my head in and say hello:D:D

alajib - 8-13-2008 at 12:57 AM

الله الله عليك أستاذ ثابت ما أكبر حلمك على الحساد والحاقدين
فالصراخ على قدر الألم
(( ولو كل كلب عوى __ القمتــه حجـــرآ لأصبح مثقال الحجر بدينار ))

Jassim - 8-13-2008 at 01:55 AM

alajib
i have seen your email and its say that are you the smol sun for thabet :)
you must say my father not my teacher :)
good job :)
and i dont think that you are saqr i must say hi thabet :)

Marina - 8-13-2008 at 03:06 AM

This Thabet looks beautiful!

alajib - 8-13-2008 at 05:13 AM

أن كنت أنا أبن الأستاذ ثابت كما تظن فهو حق مشروع له بالرد عليك _وأن كنت ثابت نفسه فأعتقد جازمـآ مو يترفع بالرد عليك وعلى كلامك الذي تبين فيه قدر نفسك _ وكما تدعي أنك فنان _وأن كنت أخاه أو صديقه أو أحد معجبيه فسوف أتابعك في كل مكان وأسمعك من الكلام ما يكدر خاطرك فأنت تستحق
أن يتطاول عليك كل أنسان ذو خلق __ فأن كان بيتك من زجاج _فلا ترمي الناس بالحجارة _وكما أتهمت ARAB_music
بأنه هو ثابت فستظل في دوامة الهواجس دون أن تعرف كم هم من يعتز بثابت البصري وفنه وأخلاقه وهم من خيرة الناس ويردون عليك بالبرهان وصدق المنطق _ وليس بالكذب والخديعة والتدليس كما تفعل _

Jassim - 8-13-2008 at 05:21 AM

hehehehehehe

alajib - 8-13-2008 at 05:58 AM

تضحك لأنك سخيف وأحمق ..يا بؤسك وقلة حيلتك ..

charlie oud - 8-13-2008 at 06:11 AM

(~~~','~~#-#~~<,.,'''~;~#~^*^~*~~:D) Translation= Howdy. Hey you native oudfolk, any chance of letting us English speakers know what you are talking about?, sorry, but to most of us it looks like this post has been invaded by ants, rather pretty ones though, I must say. :shrug:

Please who write arabic must write english too

AOUDLOVER - 8-13-2008 at 06:15 AM

Hallo All for all they write arabic..pleas write a english text too. that the other friends can understand the story,. thanks all. kind regards

Why you carry in the foto Thabet Oud!??

AOUDLOVER - 8-13-2008 at 06:20 AM

الاخ جاسم اذا كنت لا تحب اعواد ثابت وتقول انة ينصب عليك. لماذا تحمل في هذة الصورة عود من اعواد ثابت.؟ هل
ارغمك ثابت علي حمل اعوادة والتصوير بها؟

Dear Jassim
If you do not like Thabet ouds,, and you say he is very bad oudmaker,, and play on many people with mony,, why you carry a oud from thabet in this foto.. and i think thabelt do not orderd you to carry this oud.. you carried by your self and you took a pic.. for this i understand you not......

thanks with kind regards

alhajery - 8-13-2008 at 08:49 AM

اخي جاسم

يقول المثل العربي الشهير

اذا اتتك المسبة من ناقص فتلك الشهادة .... والبقية كملها يا استاذ جاسم

وما تعمله وما تفعله من تشهير لاينفع بسمعة الاستاذ ثابت البصري وشهادة الغير خير برهان

فيا اخي دع عنك الغيرة والحسد والاستاذ ثابت كان وما زال فنان العود الاصيل قبل ان تلدك امك

فاشغل بالك بامور جميلة وجيدة ونافعة خير لك من هذه الامور التي لايعملها الا طفل غيور

والعاقبة للمتقين

alhajery - 8-13-2008 at 08:57 AM

نسيت اقلك يا بو محمد
ترى موقع الاستاذ ثابت البصري مفتوح للجميع وما عمله الاستاذ
الا حتى يخلي كل علمه ومفهومه بالعود امام الجميع
والموقع واضح وباين للكل وهو قبل هذا كان ينشر اعماله بموقع زرياب
بس لله الحمد لما فتح موقعه زاده من علمه وخلاه مجلة وكتاب للجميع
وكمان بغيت اقلك ان الحساد والبغاض ما ينفع عملها شي http://www.albsryuod.com/vb
لان القافلة تسير والكلاب تعوي
ونسأل الله الهداية لنا ولكم ولامة المسلمين
اخوك الهاجري

Jassim - 8-13-2008 at 10:01 AM

hehehehehehe
nice photo just the photo :) not the oud
so you know that i had try thabet oud im not lier :)
and i want to say hi to the new members too :)

Abdullah - 8-13-2008 at 01:09 PM

3 or 4 members are regester today .. in same time just to write in this sub in the forum (sb7an allah)
all new members are the same guy im sure
jassim god bless you .. you are one of the top ppl knows about ouds... i heard about you alot ,,,
best regards

Jassim - 8-13-2008 at 01:15 PM

hehehe yes abdullah thanks i know that all the new members are the same man :)

FastForward - 8-16-2008 at 03:41 PM

Hello All,

I think this discussion is getting out of context. It seems that peoples emotions are getting in the way of a fair judgment and assessment.

Regardless of the name of the oud maker ( and we all know there are many big name oud makers who have produced lower quality ouds a few times) there are two things to judge a oud by

- Sound

- Finishing

On either front, looking and hearing Thabet's ouds I would say he ranks high on both criteria. I agree that some might find the decoration on the sound board excessive or non traditional but that is always a matter of personal taste. Moreover, there are plenty of ouds made by Thabet that are more traditional in their looks or more plain looking. No matter how the decoration looks like, the sound of his ouds seem very rich and deep and well balanced.

Since I have never ownded a oud made by Thabet, the only way to judge his work is by listening to it through sound files posted online, which is the same way I judge ouds made by other makers.

Jassim, I find it hard to believe what you say that Thabet's ouds are badly finished when I see the oud you are holding in your own hands shown in the picture. I beg to differ on this and this is my personal opinion.

In the end, everybody sees things from a different perspective but to say that Thabets ouds are bad (in terms of sound and finishing) is something I find hard to believe.

I hope that we keep this discussion objective and avoid personal attacks on each other and on Thabet.

Best,

FF.

P.S. Please keep the discussion in Engrish.