Mike's Oud Forums

AL-Takht Photos

LeeVaris - 4-29-2004 at 09:03 PM

I had the good fortune to be at a rehearsal for Kan Zaman - the Southern California Arabic Music group lead by Wa'el Kakish I've posted lots of photos here:

http://www.varis.com/KanZaman/index.html

There are lots of shots of Wa'el and Afif Taian playing oud along with others on Ney, Qanoun, various percussion. It is really quite magical... unforunately I only had a camera with me so you'll just have to image the music. :airguitar:

Zulkarnain - 4-29-2004 at 09:44 PM

Hi Lee

Its great already that you share those images with us:) Thanks!

Jameel - 4-30-2004 at 05:10 AM

Great photos Lee. Thanks! I especially like No. 113:D

mavrothis - 4-30-2004 at 07:01 AM

Yeah, thanks for these great pics. You're an artist Lee!

Take care,

mav

Mike - 4-30-2004 at 07:12 AM

Awesome pictures Lee. You are the man! :applause: :applause: :applause:

Be sure to send Wael the link to your page.

Seeya,
Mike

nadir - 4-30-2004 at 07:21 AM

Congratulations!! It must have been so exciting to be at the rehearsal, I love the effects you put on the images, every effect matches every shot; Master of Adobe!

Effects

LeeVaris - 4-30-2004 at 08:02 AM

Actually the only effects used was a cheap plastic lens thingy!

I was experimenting with this replacement lens that, in essence, turns an expensive SLR into a cheap toy camera - the deamy soft focus effect is the result!

The photography does match the mood of the music for me – I'm glad you like it!

TruePharaoh21 - 4-30-2004 at 08:52 AM

Ahh! Lee, you just missed me, man. I had midterms this week (which I just finished about 20 minutes ago), so I wasn't able to go to the rehearsals. I love that group, man. It's the first time I've missed rehearsal in a few months. I can't wait until this Wednesday... it's as though a piece of my week is just totally missing.

TP21

P.S. I hope you had a great time, man. Oh, and the other oudist's name is Moussa. He's great too, man.