Mike's Oud Forums

Peace on Earth - Ara Dinkjian

mavrothis - 8-26-2008 at 08:16 AM

Hello,

I just got my copies of "Peace on Earth" in the mail from CD Baby.

It is Ara Dinkjian's latest recording of his annual concert in Jerusalem's Oud Festival.
Even though I was many miles away while this concert was taking place, I really feel like I am there while listening to the album.

This CD is a superb masterpiece of performances by Ara of course, as well as Sokratis Sinopoulos on lyra, Tamer Pinarbaşı on kanun, Rimon Haddad on bass, and the wonderful Zohar Fresco on percussion. The pieces are a blend of repertoires from Armenian, Greek, Turkish, Arabic, and Jewish composers, and each piece is not only steeped in beautiful tradition which should never be lost, but also full of wonderful innovations in which each performer shows his true talents and individuality.

I highly recommend this album to everyone here in the forums. I really think you will enjoy it!

Take care,

Mavrothi Kontanis

maran - 10-3-2008 at 11:09 PM

thanks for the recommendation. if you want to hear someone with complete and total mastery of their instrument listen to tamer pınarbaşı play kanun on this album. i wonder if zohar fresco is somehow related to tanburi isak fresco, whose beyati saz they play on this album. or it's just a common name among the turkish jews?

Ararat66 - 10-4-2008 at 12:35 AM

I've been trying to get a copy of this a while - I'll check their stock again - I love Ara's playing, the other two cd's in this series are wonderful.

Leon

shareen - 10-4-2008 at 07:04 PM

I was at this incredible concert last year. It was shear magic. I am so excited to hear that the concert is now available on CD!:applause: