Mike's Oud Forums

Any objection to WhoWeAre Video?

fernandraynaud - 11-13-2009 at 02:33 AM

I just took all the photos published in the Who We Are thread and made a 6 min video slide show, using the Ryadh Sunbati Rast Taqsim as background music.

I am planning to post it publicly on YouTube as "Today's Oud Players" or some such title. I wasn't even going to mention Mike's Oud Forums. One point that comes across is our enormous diversity. I think it's a nice little clip that says a lot in a subtle way. The fades and zooms look cool and abstract, and I deliberately didn't highlight the faces like on wanted posters.

Of course we all put up our photos in what is a public space, but still. I thought I'd ask: if anybody has a strong objection to having their picture included, please let me know, with the name of the file you uploaded, and I'll make every effort to edit it out. Also if someone thinks this is a bad idea altogether, please say so. If somebody thinks it's a good idea, maybe say something too ?

David.B - 11-13-2009 at 08:12 AM

Why not ? That's a good idea ! I think the username on each photo would be interesting for us to catch a face on a name; and Ryadh Sunbati must be the most popular artist for the majority even if the Rast taksim is not the best recording in term of quality... :shrug:

Reda Aouad - 11-13-2009 at 08:29 AM

GREAT IDEA!! Hands up :D

katakofka - 11-13-2009 at 08:33 AM

:xtreme:

Ararat66 - 11-13-2009 at 09:40 AM

Fine by me

Leon :airguitar:

jdowning - 11-13-2009 at 01:12 PM

No problem for me - should be an interesting project.
Why not give publicity to Mikes Oud Forum as well - or would this be an open invitation to Spammers and other shady Internet 'lurkers'?
Good luck.

theodoropoulos - 11-13-2009 at 01:35 PM

:applause::D:xtreme:

FLIPAX - 11-16-2009 at 07:53 AM

That's a Great Idea!:xtreme:

Count Me In.....:D

Hope This Will Turn out well.

Wishing all the Best,

Philip:airguitar:

amtaha - 11-16-2009 at 10:03 AM

Mike's oud forum, if Mike doesn't mind, should definitely be mentioned ...

... keep us posted!