Author: Subject: Hello every one
nasser
Oud Admirer

Mood: smilin'

[*] posted on 12-3-2004 at 07:42 PM
Hello every one

Hello everybody.
I'm new to the board .
Mike I'm so happy I stumbled on to your site. I've always loved the Oud. When I was a child and into my early teens they always had an Oud player, a belly dancer and a tabla player at weddings and I was always fascinated by the sound and tone of it. I never new anyone who had one or much about them. So I turned to guitar and been playing for 30 years. I'm more of a fingerstyle player and I like various styles of music. I haven't had much sleep in the last weeks since I started looking at Oud's on the net. I bought a cheap Turkisk Oud for about 225. from Kyle's music online. I believe it is Haluk's Oud the learners version. It's not bad but I don't really know what a high end one plays like. Just experimenting. The Shehata Ouds are beautiful. You can never get tired of looking at ouds. Does anyone know where the pictures of a newly purchased Oud that belongs gentleman who lives in England went ? The one where his daughter was standing next to it I believe it was a Shehata. It had a very ornate on top. I'd like to look at it again if someone has the link could they please post it. It was a recent one I think.
THANK'S Mike for a great site
Nass :applause:
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 07:54 AM

Hi Nasser,

Welcome to the forums. I'm glad you are finding them useful. Here is the link you were looking for. Maurice now has a website, and you can get to it from the home page of this website. Look at the links on the bottom of that page.

Good luck,
Mike

nasser
Oud Admirer

Mood: smilin'

[*] posted on 12-4-2004 at 08:23 AM
That's the one

Thank's Mike.

Go To Top