Printable Version  
Author: Subject: can anyone help me here/ a special bit of thanks is in order
dennis perusse
Oud Addict

Mood: confused

[*] posted on 12-16-2004 at 06:22 PM
can anyone help me here/ a special bit of thanks is in order

hey all,

First of all I wish to thank everyone who has helped me in the past on this list. I also wish to thank everyone who had pointed Unique Strings over in Belmont, Mass to me. I have gone there and have met Peter and Christos. I needed to have new strings put on my oud and , I had found out, had to have the nut replaced and shimmed since it wasn't done right the first time when I had purchased mine in PA. For those in the Mass area please visit their shop as they are true men of character and honesty. In fact I plan on purchasing an oud hardcase from them sometime after christmas; but once again I need help.
Where I am a novice to music I wonder if anyone could send me a digital recording on what the notes eab ead is supposed to sound like properly. I just can't seem to tune it without both strings in each course either being flat or sharp. Also which is the proper way to judge it in tune, on the initial plucking or on the sustained note?

Thank you everyone on this list, all of you are wonderfull.

dennis perusse
mach01913@yahoo.com

ps For those looking for christmas tunes whom has Viken Narjan's Oud made easy he has the carol of the bells sheet music in it.
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-19-2004 at 12:06 PM

Hi Dennis,

Try downloading this free tuning software.

http://www1.ocn.ne.jp/~tuner/tuner_e.html

Good luck,
Mike
dennis perusse
Oud Addict

Mood: confused

[*] posted on 12-23-2004 at 07:02 PM
oud tuner

hello,

Yep I just got it and I will try it tommorow. Thank you all on this list you guys rock. :-)

dennis

Go To Top