Printable Version  
Author: Subject: greetings from a new member
omar-
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-25-2004 at 04:16 PM
greetings from a new member

Hello everyone.
I've been reading this excellent site and forum for about a month now and I've come to the conclusion that this site is very interesting and contains loads of important information about ouds.

I don't have an oud yet, but I'm about to get one. I've been playing classical guitar for almost 12 years and electric guitar for about 10 (i'm currently 19 years old). I live in Finland and i'm half Syrian, so I've been exposed to arabic music as well as other kinds of music.

The interest in oud started actually many years ago, but I haven't really ever been that serious about getting one. I have a children's oud at home that my uncle gave to my sister and i've been fooling around with it a bit. I've seen some performances of oudists here in Finland and I've been in awe of their skills and the fabulous sound of the instrument.

This site alone has given me a whole lot of inspiration towards the subject and i must say that i know 10 times more about the instrument and the music than 3 weeks ago (and I still know nothing yet!).
Thank you Mike for this very great site and I wish you all well. I will report as soon as I get my oud!

-Omar

btw, has anyone of you heard Munir Bashir & Omar Bashir - 'Ud duet record?
I got it as a christmas present and I think it's great.
Chris_Khouri
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-25-2004 at 05:36 PM

Welcome Omar,

You're right, I have been enjoying this forum since I started here. There are much better oud players than myself here, never the less, this helps me in learning more.

About Munir Bashir duet, you will be amazed at how much the people in this forum know about these events. Infact I think the duet might be in one of the files posted in this website along many others.

chris

Go To Top