Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Yousef Al - Motref
K_Uk
Oud Admirer

Mood: Oud Mood

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 09:38 AM
Yousef Al - Motref

hey guys..
im kinda new here.. Mike, your the best.. thanks alot for this amazing website, it has been helping me alot with my oud stuff.. Im originally from the UAE - in Sharjah.. lived there all my life.. and currently studying in the UK for my BBA .. Been playing Oud for about a year and 2 months or something of that sort..

Anyways back to the topic..

Im really a Huge fan of Abady AlJohar, but all of you oudists out there really should listen to Yousef Al-Motref.. well to me.. he plays better.. anyways.. here are some links, to some of his songs :D Enjoy

http://songs1.6arab.com/el-mo6ref..galaw-tara.ram

http://songs.6rb.com/smrat/almo6rf/tkasym/almo6rf_tkasym-1.ram

:bowdown: to AlMotref
He's originally from Kuwait, he passed away in the last couple of years.. and his son.. is running his businesses now.. his son now owns a oud factory in Kuwait, his ouds are called oud almotref.. and this information is just from a friend of mine who knows his son :)..
Bin Ayoub
Oud Maniac

Mood: Bayati&Kurd

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 11:29 AM
i don't think so

hello bro,
i dont think so that yousef is better than abadi yousef is dead since 2001 and many many Private recordings between him and abadi and always abadi is the best ... and i have many records for yousef his playing nashaz, am not abadi mad fan but i jusge for the best than the other also yousef plays good but not better than abadi :) and if u want to listen to Khaleeji oud player listen to Ibrahim Tami he took the 2nd place in dar ilopera in egypt 2003 :)

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
K_Uk
Oud Admirer

Mood: Oud Mood

[*] posted on 2-1-2005 at 02:40 PM

hmmm, weird.. i really like motref.. anyways..

hey listen, where can i find like jalsat of abadi and motref together.. i would love to listen..

im not really a big fan of taqaseem.. and dont really know the differences between maqamaat and all of that stuff.. but i do have alot of interest in ouds.. and would love to just learn more.. thank god i found a forum like this.. :)

TC ;)
san3any
Oud Maniac

Mood: Prove that 0=1

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 07:40 AM
This is not the issue

Hi everybody.....

well..... Nobody denies the fact the Yousif almotref and Abadi aljohar are good oud players......but we can't say that both or either of them is the best...... Almotref has his own techniques that exceeds Abadi oud playing, and Abadi has his own way on playing his instrument....so.... its not that one of them is better than the other..... its just that each oud player has his own way of playing, and each oud player has his own thing that he is best at..... and when you talk about both....don't forget about other great oud players .... whom are better than both Abadi and Al-motref on playing Maqamat taqaseem...and i am sure that Monir Basheer is better than both on playing any Maqam taqaseem, and the way he waves and shifts from a maqam to another.... because he is an oud master, not like Abadi and Al motref whom are just copyers of Farid al atrach and other oud players....

I have more to say, but i am out of time...i got to go back to class....

take care all

;)
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

Mood: in LOVE

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 07:57 AM

mmm, i was planning to make a thread about Yosuf el Mutref.

anyway, i spend the last year just listneing to yosuf el mutref, i collected a decent amount of information about him, and i got 100's of hisongs on oud. no dobut he is a good oud player, and he is under-rated, but to be honest , u cantcompare him to abadi, not only they have differnt styles, but abadi domenate the oud like no body in the last 20 years.
as abo ayob said, yosuf made many "Nashaz" in his taqaseem and in his sngs, but this doesnt hide the fact that he was a good oud player with a unique style in oud playing.

san3any, belive me, abadi not only copying Farid's taqaseem, listen to any of his taqseems from the late 70's early 80's and u will know what i am talking about. i know that he is focusing on his spansish taqaseem in the last 10 years, but his playing it for the fnas becuse they love it.

anyway, check this link for some of Yosuf el mutref taqaseem

also, dont forget to visit this website

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
san3any
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 08:18 AM

well.....to tell you the truth, i will not deny the fact that Abadi is a Great oud player........but as i mentioned before...we can't say that he is the best.....because as i said that there are many oud players that we are not putting under consideration, I don't want to give names, because there are many of them.

My point is that Abadi is not as good as Munir basheer and others on Maqam taqaseem, because its just not his thing, he makes alot of (Nashaz when he plays Maqamat) you can even listen to him playing maqam Bayati on the oud video that bin ayoub posted,... from what i listened ... it had alot of nashaz, He is not following the right and perfect track on playing maqams as Munir Basheer. I am not saying that Munir Basheer is the best oud player, because he him self has his own style, and Abadi might be better than him in some of oud techniques...

Again Abadi is a great oud player, but he is not the best

thanx...
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 08:31 AM

i forgot this link of el mutref taqaseem.

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 08:39 AM

san3any, i hope this thread subject dont change, but i m nt saying abadi is the best. he is my fav after Farido, but i will tell somthing simple, abadi is just transfaring his feeling to the oud, which is somthing u cant do everytime and follow the maqams, he is moving from maqam to maqam, mixng differnt maqms togther becuse he is not playing a composed piece, this is what is call "ertijal", and in "ertijal" u dont follow any roles or basics.
check abadi's opud playing in his songs, specially the longs songs, and u can judge.

san3any, plz, lets discuss yosuf el motref here, he needs alot of atterntion, becuse he deserve it ;)

post ur comments about abadi n the thread i made about him, then we can get exchangw our points and i know we will have usefull disscussion, becuse of ur knwoledge in oud and music :buttrock:

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com
san3any
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 08:58 AM

Sure why not :)

thats true, we are talking about Yousif almutref, and i jumped all the way to abadi, and start giving some of my opinions....

anyhow... i have alot ot say about Yousif al motref.... and hopefully i will write about it tonight....

take care for now..

salam
elrabee3
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-2-2005 at 09:12 AM

i also would like to recommand these songs, listen to his oud playing
Lamooni elli garoo meni
Qaree'at el fenjan
blash tebosni

Jaber
elrabee3@gmail.com