Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Omar Bashir's music downloads
catprincess
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

light.gif posted on 2-11-2005 at 12:48 PM
Omar Bashir's music downloads

Please anyone help me! I had a good compilation of Omar Bashir's music I downloaded on my PC 2 years ago. But hte stupid 'computer guy' who was downloading all my files from my old PC to my new notebook apparently did something wrong, and I cannot play my favorite music any more. All of them are m3u files, file type: Windows Media file. Someone suggested I should rename the files into mp3 or wma, I did it, but the result was the same: WM player says that it could not get connected to the server, the server's name may be incorrect or the server is busy...
I immediately tried to find the site from which I downloaded this music, but this site is updated all the time, and there are no more Omar Bashir's tunes any more. Nor could I find anything downloadable elsewhere in the web.
At the moment I cannot afford buying any of his CDs, and I am not sure anyway they could deliver them to Russia where I live, so I would be real happy and very grateful to those who could suggest to me where I can find any free downloads of Omar Bashir's music.
Thanks in advance,
Karina
tsugumi
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-11-2005 at 09:10 PM

Hello

Have you already seen this site?

http://www.kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/artist_detail.cfm...

tsugumi
samzayed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mashee el hal

[*] posted on 2-12-2005 at 02:10 AM

Hi catprincess,

m3u files are playlists that links to other files, and play them. It's sounds like you had a playlist linked to files on the internet, and those web sites are no longer around.

I have 1 Omar Bashir cd "From Euphrat To Dunab" and one cd he did with his father. Your story is heartbreaking, and believe me, I've been there. Send me an e-mail samzayed@hotmail.com, and I'll send you what I have.

Go To Top