Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Yaroub med Fadhil Oud, Informed opinion?
Ramii
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-5-2016 at 07:51 PM
Yaroub med Fadhil Oud, Informed opinion?

Dear Oud connoisseurs

I am looking for an informed opinion on this oud, the exact history of the sons of Mohammed Fadhil seem rather obscure, and i would like know more.

The year says 1999 if you cannot make it out from the photo.

Also i would like to mention how much time i have used surfing this forum for the past months, its been a great resource.

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards

Rami

fadhil2 (Small).jpg - 16kB fadhil (Small).jpg - 49kB
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 05:02 AM

Rami,
Yaroub keeps a record of his ouds.
Contact him please...he is so nice to give you full 8nfo...at least on the first buyer
Ramii
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 01:36 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Omar Al-Mufti  
Rami,
Yaroub keeps a record of his ouds.
Contact him please...he is so nice to give you full 8nfo...at least on the first buyer

Thank you for the advice, i might just contact him to find out who the original owner was. Could i ask you, how does Yaroub ouds compare to the other great luthiers? I know very little on the subject.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-6-2016 at 02:00 PM

Honestly.....they are perfect.....except that they are expensive.
I tried 3 of his ouds....Nasir's oud back in mid 90's...and two more ..early 2000 and a decade later....they all sound and feel great.
May be the best floating bridge ouds
Ramii
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-7-2016 at 01:26 AM

I am much obliged by your answer, i have no reference in regards to playing other Ouds of this quality, so i really appreciate the feedback.
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-7-2016 at 01:28 AM

My pleasure!
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-10-2016 at 12:22 PM

Yaroubs instruments belongs to the very top. An incredibly fine workmanship and with a personal sound. Do remember that it has been up for discussion earlier about the problems regarding the floating bridges. Soundboards can collapse but nothing I have experience with Yaroubs ouds or heard others have had problems with. Otherwise, something that is not too unusual in this type of oud, as examples Fawsi Munshed whose instruments have very nice personal sound, but unfortunately I have experience of three of his floating bridge ouds Two collapsed (one previously played by Shamma (early oud) my last stabilised after a while, but it was a nervous time to see the soundboard lowering at the bridge. Do not know anything about the current situation with his ouds if they still face problems. Just wanted to mention this regarding Fawzy when even if an instrument that are regarded as among the best for their sound and ¨workmanship¨ can have their problems and as a consequence may give them a short life span.
or maybe you should just as the lutenist during the Renaissance teach yourself to replace the soundboard and stop whining? well, enough said.

Best wishes

Ronny
Etman
Oud Maniac

Mood: Rast !

[*] posted on 11-11-2016 at 04:07 AM

I have listened to him playing on his own Ouds on Instagram & YouTube . I liked it a lot ! But could not get him to answer my messages !
How much his Ouds usually run !?
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 01:11 AM

I have no information on the current price situation for Yaroubs instruments.
Another luthier who is worthy to be mentioned among those making ouds with floating bridges is Fadi Matta from Lebanon. Ordered one oud from Fadi this year and I have never been more pleased with an oud of this model. Flawless craftsmanship and a very special sound but of typical distinctive floating bridge quality (more than many others) with an incredible dynamic and character. I will order another one with some other wood types for bowl, neck and pegbox.

Best wishes

Ronny
Omar Al-Mufti
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-12-2016 at 04:17 PM

I have to agree with Ronny that any luthiers, whose ouds are fantastic in terms of sound.....still provide ouds with potential soundboard problems....Fawzi...Faeq Fadel and many others.
I beleive that braces alone cannot protect the soundboard from collapsing...especially cedar Soundboards.
It needs more than that....it needs a thickness of at least 2 mm.
Mechanically it is an impossibility that a cedar soundboard of a floating bridge oud could withstang the bridge vertical pressure without undergoing plastic deformation if the soundboard is too thin
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-16-2016 at 11:09 PM

SufianSaeed I have an u2 in outbox for you about Matta oud. I don't know if it's some kind of problems but it been in outbox for several days.

Best wishes

Ronny
Ramii
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-10-2017 at 01:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ronny Andersson  
Yaroubs instruments belongs to the very top. An incredibly fine workmanship and with a personal sound. Do remember that it has been up for discussion earlier about the problems regarding the floating bridges. Soundboards can collapse but nothing I have experience with Yaroubs ouds or heard others have had problems with. Otherwise, something that is not too unusual in this type of oud, as examples Fawsi Munshed whose instruments have very nice personal sound, but unfortunately I have experience of three of his floating bridge ouds Two collapsed (one previously played by Shamma (early oud) my last stabilised after a while, but it was a nervous time to see the soundboard lowering at the bridge. Do not know anything about the current situation with his ouds if they still face problems. Just wanted to mention this regarding Fawzy when even if an instrument that are regarded as among the best for their sound and ¨workmanship¨ can have their problems and as a consequence may give them a short life span.
or maybe you should just as the lutenist during the Renaissance teach yourself to replace the soundboard and stop whining? well, enough said.

Luckily i have not experienced any soundboard warping with this oud.
The oud i have from Yaroub is a great instrument, personally i adore the sound.
Ramii
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-10-2017 at 01:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Etman  
I have listened to him playing on his own Ouds on Instagram & YouTube . I liked it a lot ! But could not get him to answer my messages !
How much his Ouds usually run !?

I have no idea of the price, but i know it was expensive 18 years ago.

Go To Top