Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Member Advice Neede
mogaith
Oud Admirer

info.gif posted on 12-21-2016 at 12:15 AM
New Member Advice Neede

Hi all,

I am a new member here, Im playing the oud now for 10 years and have am acceptable oud. I am looking for my next oud which is of professional grade. (I play Egyptian classic music mostly)

So my question is, What kind of oud and oud maker would you recommend? Im considering quality of sound, looks, and pegs not slipping.

Any advice welcome.:D

Thanks in Advance
Mohamed
Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 01:53 PM

اهلا يا محمد
This's mostly like asking: what car to buy !!
Tell us where are you located. This might help advising whom to address for your next oud.
Hope someone may have the answer(s) for your question(s).
Good luck. You're going to need it :)

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 12-21-2016 at 10:45 PM

I would recommend A Furuk Turunz Oud if a Turkish style is what you want or maybe a Ibrahim Sukur Syrian Oud if your looking for a bigger Arabic style. Just two of many great Oud builders. Theres so many to choose from. I have also seen what look like great quality Ouds made in Iran and Greece. I guess it may depend on what type of sound you want and how much money you are willing to spend.
mogaith
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 03:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alfaraby  
اهلا يا محمد
This's mostly like asking: what car to buy !!
Tell us where are you located. This might help advising whom to address for your next oud.
Hope someone may have the answer(s) for your question(s).
Good luck. You're going to need it :)

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

Hi ALfaraby,

Thanks for your reply.

I am located in Bahrain but also considering shipping it. Here they have locally made ouds and apparently they are well known in the gulf, but I am considering an Egyptian made one with deep sound. Im also considering antique one, what do you think?

thanks,
Mohamed
mogaith
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 03:33 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Edward6311  
I would recommend A Furuk Turunz Oud if a Turkish style is what you want or maybe a Ibrahim Sukur Syrian Oud if your looking for a bigger Arabic style. Just two of many great Oud builders. Theres so many to choose from. I have also seen what look like great quality Ouds made in Iran and Greece. I guess it may depend on what type of sound you want and how much money you are willing to spend.

Hi Edward,

Thanks for your reply.

I am going for an Egyptian/Arabic model. and willing to spend between 1000-2000 dollars as I need the best grade oud possible to have for lifetime.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Mohamed
JawadDub
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 04:12 AM

HI

There is an Egyptian maker called Mahmoud Dagher, his the son of a very famous Oud maker, he makes pretty nice ouds, and within your Budget, here is his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_5KT34YNfv50N7z4yRtO4Q

And since you're in Kuwait, I saw a video of Nasser playing an Oud made by Yaakoub Jasem, here is what Naser said about the oud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETUdqTjkKT8

Not sure if he makes Egyptian style Ouds.

And last Hussain Sabsaby of Syria, great maker and player, I'm in a process of getting an oud made by him at the moment can't wait :D

Besr of Luck
Jawad
mogaith
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 04:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawadDub  
HI

There is an Egyptian maker called Mahmoud Dagher, his the son of a very famous Oud maker, he makes pretty nice ouds, and within your Budget, here is his YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_5KT34YNfv50N7z4yRtO4Q

And since you're in Kuwait, I saw a video of Nasser playing an Oud made by Yaakoub Jasem, here is what Naser said about the oud: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETUdqTjkKT8

Not sure if he makes Egyptian style Ouds.

And last Hussain Sabsaby of Syria, great maker and player, I'm in a process of getting an oud made by him at the moment can't wait :D

Besr of Luck
Jawad

Hi Jawad,

Well congratulations in advance on your new oud. Pls be kind to share some photos and clips when it arrives.

also, how do I get in touch with Sabsaby?

thanks,
Mohamed
JawadDub
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 04:31 AM

Thanks so Much, I will definitely share.

here is his phone number 00963955494440, Contact him via whatsapp he answers pretty quickly, you can see some of his work here: https://www.youtube.com/user/HuosainSabsaby

Best of luck
Jawad
mogaith
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-22-2016 at 04:54 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JawadDub  
Thanks so Much, I will definitely share.

here is his phone number 00963955494440, Contact him via whatsapp he answers pretty quickly, you can see some of his work here: https://www.youtube.com/user/HuosainSabsaby

Best of luck
Jawad

Hi Jawad,

Thanks for sharing the information with me.

Regards,
Mohamed
ma_sabba
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 12-24-2016 at 04:52 AM

Halla Mohamed,

Surely you know of Music Spot in Manama, but have you heard of Habib Ali Habib in Madinat Isa? His instruments are of good quality and his number is +973 39928277.

Cheers,
Another Mohamed From Bahrain

Go To Top