Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for Arabic Oud in UAE
Student
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 09:17 PM
Looking for Arabic Oud in UAE

Years ago my older brother sent me money every month when I was a student, even though he was not rich. He is a good man. He loves guitars, mandolins, bouzoukis, etc. I think he has not played, nor heard much Arabic music. I would like to give him an Arabic Oud to thank him for helping me when I was a young man. I live in the UAE. Is anyone selling an Arabic Oud in the UAE, or can advise me on how to buy a nice one ? Thank you.
zakiya_alali
Oud Junkie

Mood: Jameel Bashir is a Legand

[*] posted on 1-1-2017 at 11:06 PM

I have sent u message on u2u.

Knafeh
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 1-22-2017 at 04:52 AM

Hello,

I know of two places in Dubai and a few in Sharjah. In Dubai you can find ouds on Omar Bin Al-Khattab road at Fish Roundabout, however last time I checked they only had some Egyptian and Bahraini ouds. There is also Maurice Ouds (by the famous Egyptian Oud maker Maurice Shehata) in Karama. In Sharjah there is World Music Centre, at the beginning of Al Wahda Street (Dubai-side), which has quite a selection of ouds, and there is also Dandana, which has two locations, one a couple blocks away from World Music Centre on Jamal AbdulNaser Street, and one in Abu Shagara.

Let me know if I can help more!

Go To Top