Printable Version  
Author: Subject: HEMEN sarod for sale
Edward Powell
Oud Junkie

Mood: g'oud

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 01:35 AM
HEMEN sarod for sale

Hi Friends
A trusted friend has informed me of his wish to sell his authentic HEMEN sarod which is in excellent condition. The price is 2300$US plus shipping from USA. Here are a few words from him about this sarod.

"If you're looking for a fine, rare sarod that's ready for concert performing and recording you've come to the right place. This is a one-piece sarod made by the late great Hemen Sen, the best maker for sarods throughout the second half of the twentieth century. Unmatched, especially in their sound quality, nearly all major sarod masters play his instruments. Since the death of Hemen Sen in 2010, finding one of his sarods, especially in great condition, is quite unusual.

This instrument was played for a few months by a student of Ali Akbar Khan, 45 years ago. The skin was replaced by Montino Bourbon, a well-known disciple of Ali Akbar Khan, who considered this to be one of the better Hemen sarods received by the Ali Akbar College of Music in the early 1970s."

Here are some pics and a sound clip (unfortunately he himself is not an advanced player, but at least the quality of the instrument can be discerned).

If you are interested or would like more info, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks

EPOWELL2007@GMAIL.COM

unnamed-(4).jpg - 141kB unnamed-(3).jpg - 193kB unnamed-(1).jpg - 147kB unnamed-(5).jpg - 318kB unnamed.jpg - 177kB

rojaros
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-24-2017 at 01:06 PM

I once had a Hemen Sen. one piece sarod ... These are great sounding instruments. Many say best you can get. Price is very reasonable (though shipping can be expensive as these sarods are really heavy). Good luck with selling it and happy new owner!

Go To Top