Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ArabInstruments censors reviews
A m i r
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 3-30-2017 at 12:40 PM
ArabInstruments censors reviews

Hi,

some time ago I bought the Darabukka lessons on arabinstruments.com. Actually I should have known how they gonna be based on the free lessons. However, I thought that, as they are paid, they would be better. I was disappointed but this is not the point.

In order to help others to be smarter than me, I wrote a review on the, in my opinion,worst of the lessons (http://www.arabinstruments.com/play-doumbek-like-a-professional). It was not what a seller wants to hear about his products (I rated everything with 1 star). Still it was an objective review. At least in my opinion it was not at all offensive or something like that.

After submitting my review a info was shown that told that my review would go into a check before going online. It's been about > 3 months or so since I posted my review so I assume it was silently deleted.
I quickly browsed through the articles on the website and noticed that the worst rating hat a total of 3 stars. Sounds suspicious to me...
So, be warned! The ratings might not represent the mass of sellers.

By the way, as ArabInstruments does not want my review on their site, I attached it to this post.

Best regards to all,
Amir

Attachment: review.txt (3kB)
This file has been downloaded 156 times

Habibi
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-2-2017 at 10:29 PM

Regarding Arab Instruments, i find it ironic that a Company based in Israel owned by an Israeli Assaf Kassel should be called Arab instruments, they try to hide this fact by having no address on their website which is suspicious in my opinion. The number is NYC and they state that they're based in the Middle East no mention of Israel, I wonder why. There is a lack of transparency, I wonder how many customers would make a different buying decision if they new that this was an Israeli owned Company trying to sell Arabic instruments to amongst many of its customers lots of Arabs.

http://mobile.companiess.com/arab_instruments_info1173596.html
https://m.facebook.com/ArabInstruments?fref=nf

A m i r
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 12:24 PM

Well this I can somehow understand. Obviously they don't want buyers to reject buying because of the fact that they are Israeli. However, if you watch some videos from their youtube channel you quickly notice that of the guys is Arabic (they also write the names of the performers).

But what I really find perfidious is that customer reviews are censored because this actually really influences buyers decisions. Check for instance this item out: (Click me). If you discard the 1 and 2 star ratings, then this product looks very attractive and might influence you to purchase it too - horrible.

I mean the stupid lesson for 10$ or so is not worth all the effort actually but imagine you're buying an oud for ~500$ or more. The ratings will definitely influence your buying decision. And as a buyer you would demand for fair ratings, not only for the positive ones.
Habibi
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 11:21 PM

Your point about the censorship of reviews reinforces my point about their lack of transparency about who and where they are.
Habibi
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 4-3-2017 at 11:33 PM

Your point about the censorship of reviews reinforces my point about their lack of transparency about who and where they are.
hans
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-20-2017 at 08:54 AM

Rather ovbious why they would not mention that they are based in Israel :)); lofty as the interest in Arab culture may be, many combine that interest with a very biased attitude towards Israelis. And before I become victim of such bias: I have no sympathy for the Israeli government; but there are many Israelis who are very critical of their own country's attitude toward the palestinians, who therefore deserve no rejection from us

Go To Top