Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Oud Repair in Toronto
Snami
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 5-10-2017 at 04:36 AM
Oud Repair in Toronto

Hi All,

I just recently started learning to play the oud. After finishing practice the other day, I left my oud next to my cold Toronto apartment window and woke up in the morning to find a few cracks on the soundboard.

I realize now after some research that it is because of the cold dry weather (beginner mistake..).

Does anyone know of a good luthier in Toronto that I can go to get my oud repaired? I found http://saazirani.com/ , who is located in North York, but I'd like to see if anyone has had any experience with them or if you have any recommendations.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 5-10-2017 at 05:10 AM

Hi Snami,
that is a real shame. I live in Hamilton...The weather has been up and down but i am surprised your window got so cold that the soundboard was affected. Must be some draft :)I hope it was a cheaper Oud :)
Anyways, yes Reza(saazirani) works on OUD repair. Call him, he is a SUPER nice guy and will tell you what he can or cant do with your OUD.
There is also Samir in Ottawa, a member here, who you can maybe work out something with via shipping to have it repaired perhaps.
I am kinda in the same boat as you with one of my ouds needing some repair, but i haven't brought it in yet since i have another OUD to use currently, but i should soon....
Let us know how you do and if you find anyone else...
Cheers,
Matt
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 5-10-2017 at 06:07 AM

thanks for the recommendation Matt,

Although I haven't met him, I know someone who had work done by Reza and he only had amazing things to say.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
Adel Salameh
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-17-2017 at 01:05 AM

Samir is your Man,
he has done an excellent job on my student old Dikran Najarian oud.... he brought it back to life...
Well done Samir,
Best wishes,
Adel

Go To Top