Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mizrab technique?
TheBlindBard
Oud Lover

Mood: Fascinated

[*] posted on 11-13-2017 at 12:36 PM
Mizrab technique?

Can anybody explain to me Mizrab technique for the right hand? I'm finding it rather confusing, the pick keeps slipping and I"m using a lot of the pick.
Any textual descriptions on how to hold it or specific techniques would be apprecaited :)
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 11-22-2017 at 10:46 AM

Check out these videos from fadel called Oud Talk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmPHHVT5Ni0

I think there are 3 videos. i found them VERY helpful!
Cheers.
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 12:49 AM

Hello MattOud!

These are extremely helpful videos for risha technique, thanks for the links! What I find interesting is the bandage Fadel wears on his right arm. I believe it keeps the arm from slipping and keeps the forearm in place. I have noticed that I tend to push my cotton sweater sleeve up the forearm to prevent slipping because the skin does not slip due to its sweaty moistness. A bandage like this seems to make sense to me. Does anybody know where to buy this? Or is it diy-stuff?

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!
MattOud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Feeling Pretty G'Oud

[*] posted on 11-23-2017 at 11:38 AM

Hi Klaus,
I agree and think you are onto something with the 'slipping'. I like what you did in the other thread to stop the slipping off the leg. In this case however, I am not sure if fadel is using this because of slipping, or rather to stop the oud edge pain. i know for me, before even seeing this video, i started using a knee wrap(it is blue) but using it on my arm to stop the pressure of the edge of the oud. I get sore there, and i am wondering if maybe this is why, but am not sure.
Regardless, I like your idea. Maybe one day i will be good enough to play long enough to work up a sweat and then need it anyways :)
ps: you can get these at places like, gulp dare i say, walmart: - https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/tensor-elasto-preene-elbow-support/6000... :)
cheers,
Matt
newlife_ks
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-24-2017 at 03:16 AM

Hello MattOud!

Thanks for your comment. Well, maybe sweaty moistness was not that good for describing what I meant to say. But my vocabulary is not as complete as wish. But surely you understood what I was about to say.
During the summer - wearing mostly t-shirts - I never had problems with forearm position. Maybe a bandage like that might help. I'll have a look here in Germany for similar products.

Greetings from Klaus in Germany!

Go To Top