Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beirut Blast - oud story,
ALAMI
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-17-2020 at 08:30 AM
Beirut Blast - oud story,

Hello old friends,
On the evening of the blast in Beirut, I spent the first hours in my destroyed office trying to save and secure stuff.
Later on I went to my home in Achrafieh, the entrance door was broken and the house a total mess of broken wood and glass.
On the dusty and glass covered floor there were footprints, someone came in before me.
I remembered I left my Oud, a beautiful Ghadban on the bed. The bed was covered with shuttered glass and wood shards from the broken doors and windows but no Oud. It was dark. No electricity, I saw a bulge under the duvet. The Oud was there, unharmed.
In the devastated Beirut of this horrible evening, someone entered a devastated flat, may be looking for victims to help, saw a Oud covered with glass, or may be it was on the floor, I don’t know, and he or she covered it to protect it.

Thought it’s a story you guys here would like to hear.

IMG_8408.JPG - 250kB
Jody Stecher
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 8-17-2020 at 09:07 AM

Thank you for this story. Thank God you are alive. That is good news. And also the oud is safe and there was an act of kindness in the midst of a catastrophe .
Edward6311
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 8-17-2020 at 10:29 AM

After spending quite a bit of time with family in Lebanon the last 2 years attempting and finally getting into Syria, I’m not at all surprised to hear a story like this. Awesome Country! Awesome people!
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-17-2020 at 03:07 PM

Sorry about the damage to your apartment. Hopefully you can find the strength to carry on and rebuild. What an amazing story about your oud. I thank you for taking time to share, it's important to find the positive moments while going through this catastrophe.

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
jdowning
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-17-2020 at 05:01 PM

Glad to hear that you are safe in this terrible tragedy. Good luck for the future.

Go To Top