Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Websites for Arabic Music Sheet
Aldana02
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 06:29 AM
Websites for Arabic Music Sheet

Hi all,

I'm very sad that the website ahyasalam.com is no more online. It was such an useful ressource for music sheets.

As an alternative, the website :

- Mazzikaty is very good. It's in arabic but Google Translate can do the job for translating. The sheets can be previewed and easily downloaded. Sheets are in a nice format.

More recently, I found the website :

- Notah with allow to easily download arabic music sheets also in a nice format. There is only 78 sheets available at this moment (samaiis, longas, muawashahat..).

Hope this may be of some help to someone.

Nice day.

John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 2-4-2021 at 12:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Aldana02  
Hi all,

I'm very sad that the website ahyasalam.com is no more online. It was such an useful ressource for music sheets.

As an alternative, the website :

- Mazzikaty is very good. It's in arabic but Google Translate can do the job for translating. The sheets can be previewed and easily downloaded. Sheets are in a nice format.

More recently, I found the website :

- Notah with allow to easily download arabic music sheets also in a nice format. There is only 78 sheets available at this moment (samaiis, longas, muawashahat..).

Hope this may be of some help to someone.

Nice day.

Thanks for posting! Yes, I too miss ahyasalam.com greatly.
naf
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 05:38 AM

I am developing a website that aims at publishing the Jabaqji Oud method in both Arabic and English, it also has a section for compositions where I post Arabic and oriental scores. It is still a work in progress and I only update it when I have free time. If you have scores that could be published, please share with me so I can upload them to the site.
If interested you can find the site here:
Jabaqji Method
Khalil_Oud
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 06:14 AM

Good Job/idea Naf !
I've searched his book (two volumes) gattering samai-s and longa-s... but couldn't find it. I don't kow if you or someone can give information about this book...
Thanks !

Khalil

Brian Prunka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Stringish

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 07:19 AM

Very nice, Naf, this is a worthwhile project. One thought — the song titles are translated into English as well, which is nice but mostly it's more helpful to have song titles transliterated (i.e., Romanized) since songs are not referred to by translation of the title nor sung in translation. Perhaps you can include transliterated titles as well. For example, "Zikrayati (My Memories)".

Here's another website folks might find interesting, from the Syrian Music Presevation Initiative:
https://syrianmusic.org/education/transcriptions/

This is a work in progress as well, but there are some interesting pieces here I haven't seen elsewhere.
naf
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 09:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Khalil_Oud  
Good Job/idea Naf !
I've searched his book (two volumes) gattering samai-s and longa-s... but couldn't find it. I don't kow if you or someone can give information about this book...
Thanks !

Khalil

Last year I found his son, Haytham Jabaqji, in Latakia, where he has established a music instruments and accessories shop after leaving Aleppo. I bought the book from him and gained his permission for translating it. The book has 2 sections, first there are about 50 lessons, then there is a section about the pieces he had notated, which are around 80 pieces of various forms: Samai's, Besahrafs, and other classical oriental forms.
If you need any more information, feel free to message me.
naf
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 9-18-2021 at 09:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Brian Prunka  
Very nice, Naf, this is a worthwhile project. One thought — the song titles are translated into English as well, which is nice but mostly it's more helpful to have song titles transliterated (i.e., Romanized) since songs are not referred to by translation of the title nor sung in translation. Perhaps you can include transliterated titles as well. For example, "Zikrayati (My Memories)".

Here's another website folks might find interesting, from the Syrian Music Presevation Initiative:
https://syrianmusic.org/education/transcriptions/

This is a work in progress as well, but there are some interesting pieces here I haven't seen elsewhere.

Thank you Brian for the kind remark, for sure I will add the transliteration. It is something that has missed me, thanks for bringing it up to my attention. It is just that I was so consumed in the translations and making the scores playable by the site, that I forgot to transliterate.
I am also glad that you shared with us this superb site. Arabic classical forms really need preservation.
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 3-14-2023 at 11:39 PM

I want to recommend Youssry Elwrdany's YouTube channel for Arabic (and Ottoman) music scores: https://www.youtube.com/@YoussryElwrdany The scores are not completely devoid of mistakes, but Youssry has been incredibly generous to create and share these scores and recordings.

Go To Top