Printable Version  
Author: Subject: list of luthiers and or shops that have them/ very long post
dennis perusse
Oud Addict

Mood: confused

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 04:23 PM
list of luthiers and or shops that have them/ very long post

hello all,

I am posting this since I need help and this list is the best place to do this. In august it would have been almost one year since I had gotten my UD, a turkish student model that my friends had all pitched in to get for me for my birthday. I have only been playing it for about a little over three months but this instrument is very rewarding and enjoyable, even with the frustrating momments that occur. The seller of the instrument, who knew that I had desired it, had taken 100.00 off the UD since the one that he was supposed to sell to me had already been sold.
When I had asked him if he knew of any luthier's in the USA he wasn't sure off the top of his head in terms of names and addresses. To also set the record straight here he was extremely busy that day with all the customers looking around and buying other types of instruments so he didn't have a lot of time to spare for me.
Now I know that he gets his UD's out of the country but I wish to make a list to give to him so that not only can he shop around more both in and out of the USA this also gives him a chance to represent the list to whomever purchases the UD's that he sells so that if any one of them break their are other avenues in country that said person can go for for both repairs as well as upgrades. Since he doesn't seem too tech savy I think that this will benefit him greatly for both his business and us as consumers as well as I wish to give back to him since he is a very nice person and very honest in his intentions.
I am also doing this since I am making an UD booklet presenting the absolute bare basics of the UD for the first time buyer so they won't have a difficult time looking around for good information. When I got my UD I had not heard of this site and spent an unholy amount of time searching and finding sites that made me seriously wonder about this instrument. Mike if your are reading this post would you be interrested in taking a look at it, once it gets competed in both written word as well as the audio cd that it will come with?
I hope that I am not overstepping my bounds in any way as someone whom enjoys all the info on this list for if I am than I am truly sorry and mean no offense but if all of you on this list are ok with this request than please give me a hand. The advantages are with this is that mike can then have a list of luthiers that all of us on this list can trust hopefully put on a section on this site so that if people whom are new to it, like I was, than any of us can easly point the way in that direction.
So if you know of any luthier's both in and out of the country than please send me an email at mach01913@yahoo.com with the title in the subject line list of luthiers. I already have both Unique Strings address and I have the only address that viken narjaran had put on his "oud made easy" booklet but I desire more addresses. If you are also a luthier than please put your own address down with both email and regular mail. I thank you for your time and efforts in this endevor.

sincerely;

dennis perusse
mach01913@yahoo.com
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Learning

[*] posted on 5-4-2005 at 06:11 PM

Dennis,
This is a brilliant idea. I hope you succeed.
I play the ney. I started on a very similar project. The problem with the ney is lack of documentation and most of the online material is in Turkish!
Good luck with your effort and please keep us updated with your project.

Go To Top