Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: here goes
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 08:14 PM
here goes

OK, I am not that great with taksims. But, everybody else was posting, so I figured I would give it a shot. It's pretty short--a lot easier on your ears that way. Feel free to criticize.

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 09:00 PM

I have no idea if that posted or not, because I can't even open it up on my computer. But, hopefully it is there.

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 09:01 PM

It should be like 2 minutes or so. I am not sure why the size is so small--I am guessing it might not all be there. Oh, well.

Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 09:57 PM

Jonathan,

You have posted the wrong file. The .sfk file is normally generated when you import or create a file in some programs (Like Vegas Video).

The mp3 file should be in the same directory.

Regards,

Greg
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-31-2005 at 11:53 PM

Hey guys,

Jonathan, I went ahead and compressed the file you sent me and replaced it with the one you had previously attached. So everybody...go ahead and download the file above again.

Well done my friend! Which one of your treasures were you playing this taksim with?

Take care,
Mike

P.S. Your website is incredible Jonathan. I can't believe you have obtained all of that information, and the photos are outstanding!

Jameel
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 05:13 AM

Excellent playing Jonathan! I like it. Indeed, tell us which of your beauties was making this sound.

Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 05:51 AM

Thanks, guys. Jameels oud, Jameel's new risha. I love them both. I really have not been playing all that long. I have had an oud for several years, but never really played it other than a song or two I had picked out. Then, last summer, I found this site, and Mav's site, and figured I would try to really learn to play. So, I really thank all of you, and everybody who contributes to this site.
As for my website, thanks for those comments as well. It is expanding quite a bit. I love seeing old ouds. I had thought about making a site for all oud makers, but thought it would just get too big. I am glad I limited it, but I do hope somebody will do something similar for Turkish oud makers, or Greek, or Arab, or whatever. To me, it is a fascinating, under-documented area.
Thanks again!

oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 12:07 PM

hey jon
i lied it post more i like yr style
keep up the good work how long u been playen for
thx sammy
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-1-2005 at 01:15 PM

Thanks, guys. You are too kind. I bought an oud back in 1996, but never really played it. I could pick out two songs, and that was about it. Then, like I said, I found this site and the Oud Cafe site last summer, and I really got into it. So, I try to practice every day. There are a ton of mistakes there. That is supposed to be Nihavent, yet I play the same scale ascending and descending. I guess it's just that I never really had any lessons in playing taksims, and I am a bit hesitant. And, I still haven't figured out "the rules" yet, I guess, when it comes to playing them. My intonation is off on a lot of the notes. But, insallah, it will get better. Thanks for the encouragement. Please, though, I am up for criticism. Feel free to tear it apart, and let me know the problems. The intonation I will work on, but let me know the structural problems, if that makes any sense.

Go To Top