Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Two Ouds for Sale
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 06:09 PM
Two Ouds for Sale

Hello People,
I have two ouds for sale. The reason why Iam letting go of them is to make room for a professional one I have ordered. Being a university student, I cant afford to build a large collection because of that, I wouldnt get rid of them otherwise. The first oud Iam selling is a Khalifeh oud purchased two months ago from a music store in Ottawa Canada. I have made a bone nut for it. The pegs glide well and hold nicely. There is some sort of finish on them only it is only applied outside of the peg box. Overall a verry Solidely constructed oud. It comes with a brand new set of d'addario strings wich are for its recomended 59cm string lenght, Those are still in the envelope I can put them on if requested. The nut isnt glued so one could add small pieces of wood or paper behind to adjust the action following his preference.
Here is a link to a sample (excuse the sound level due to cheap mic)
The oud goes for 350$+shipping

http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?action=attachme...

The Second oud is of unknow identity although it is verry probaly built in a mass construction outfit somwhere in lebanon but by syrian workers. It was a tourist oud that I put conciderable effort in to make has professional has I could. I made a verry nice bone nut for it plus I have purchased ebony pegs. The peg box had come undone during its shipping from Lebanon and I have reglued it with carpenter's glue. Also I left the pegs untouched and unsanded so if one would like to take them and fit them on another oud it would be like getting new ones. Therefore they hold ok for a day but nowhere near the same has the khalifeh. It also has a rib witch must have been too short at the base of the oud's side when they constructed the oud, so they filled in the rest of it with wood filler.

I have made a sample for its playing has well ( larger file.. ps: excuse my playing:rolleyes:)

The oud goes for 150$+shipping

http://rapidshare.de/files/2392320/MVI_1358.AVI.html

and Finaly here is a ziped file of the pictures of the ouds
It is possible to purchase both ouds at the same time for
400$+Shipping
Regards Samir
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 6-14-2005 at 06:31 PM
Pictures link

The .Zip file didnt work..
so here's the rapidshare link.
scroll down select free download and wait about 70secs and it will download.
Thanks

http://rapidshare.de/files/2392732/oud.zip.html

You can request the pictures at
samir_nassif@hotmail.com
and also you can inquire about purchasing it at that same email
Regards

Go To Top