Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My Tayyar Iraqi oud for sale
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 05:35 PM
My Tayyar Iraqi oud for sale

Iam selling these ouds to afford my school tuition. I wouldnt get rid of them otherwise. Here is a Iraqi oud made by Saad al Tayyar of Montreal. This one is from the first ouds he made after moving from Iraq to Canada. Its made from a canadian spruce top. Maple and walnut bowl. the fingerboard and nut are made of the same wood but Iam unsure of the type of wood it is a dark hard wood. the brige has a interesting guitar style sadle to have a even tuning.

The oud goes for 700$+ shipping (compared to other tayyar its a steal)

cheers Samir
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 05:43 PM
my other tayyar also for sale.

This one is a Iraqi oud with a floating brige. The brige has been inlaid with ebony and the thiner strings positions. Its the second oud made by mr.Tayyar when he came to Canada with canadian woods. Its has a Iraqi scale, its made with a canadian spruce top. Canadian maple and walnut bowl. The fingerboard again Iam not shure of the material. The pegs are ebony like for the other tayyar oud. Iam missing one ebony peg from it. but I got a replacement peg for it it would need to get fitted. Its not a big job but I dont want to do it myself. The sound is marvelous I will post samples of both ouds latter this week.

Due to the peg situation, its
600$+ shipping
Regards samir
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 05:50 PM
My new yammine

Iam concidering selling my Yammine oud. I like it verry much so I'll sell it if anyone is interested in the oud enough. Its made in 2003. The face is spruce inlaid with bone and walnut. The fingerboard is bone inlaid with walnut and the bowl is made of walnut an mohagony inlaid with bone,beach and ebony peices. The rossetes are made of plastic but I tought they were bone for a long time because there nicely worked. The pegs are rosewood. I found out Mr.Yammine worked at the same oud shop Anwar el Kubeh makes his ouds wich explains the "similarity" in style.

Concidering
1000$+shipping
Thanks Samir
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 05:58 PM

hehe! oh! ya..

Send inquiries at samir_nassif@hotmail.com
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by syrianoud
Here Samir knows who is Anwar El Kubeh . Greg was telling me that he never herd of him ? But here thank you for posting that ,it makes me feel a little better , I new that a Lebanese guy will know him ...Thank you and Cheerain. Samir ,California

I wasn't "telling you" anything Samir. I simply asked if "anybody" was familiar with Anwar Kubbe's instruments. That was the name you used on your post when you ordered the instrument from Japan, eleven days ago.

Is this the same instrument now for sale on eBay?
syrianoud
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-22-2005 at 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg
Quote:
Originally posted by syrianoud
Here Samir knows who is Anwar El Kubeh . Greg was telling me that he never herd of him ? But here thank you for posting that ,it makes me feel a little better , I new that a Lebanese guy will know him ...Thank you and Cheerain. Samir ,California

I wasn't "telling you" anything Samir. I simply asked if "anybody" was familiar with Anwar Kubbe's instruments. That was the name you used on your post when you ordered the instrument from Japan, eleven days ago.

Is this the same instrument now for sale on eBay?

Yes i have too many Ouds and getting 3 new Shahata ouds ,I will post the one that won the first prize in Amman Oud Festival and many famous oud players has it in Egypt.It was real expensive but it is worth the price.
So far i have a guy from CANADA that will wire me the full price for that Oud and pick it up , since I did not allow any bidders out of the USA.But hey Greg that oud is good but I like brand name OUDS to buy...I did not mean anything bad . Just some people more stuf than we do and i like to hear it since it is great for all of us,Since i been in to this site i learnd a lot about Ouds well I know a lot about Guitars but still i can learn more . I search for many things over the internet and read since I am home doing nothing trying to recover from a second massive heart attack where it killed me, but miracles hapeneds in this world and was lucky to be revived in the Ambulance...But sorry i did not mean anything bad,,,:):):) Best regards Samir ,California
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 05:47 AM
video Floating brige

Here is a small sample of the floating Iraqi oud by tayyar. I just put the tension back on today since the oud wasnt played much there strings werent kept tuned.
And here it is..
Iam no Nasser Shamma tho! you are forwarned!! hehe
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 07:25 AM

hey samir
thats really good what song was that
thx sammy
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-23-2005 at 10:08 AM
Iraqi tuning video

oud with the sadle bridge.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:03 PM

The Floating brige oud has been sold.
Thank you
Mike for this opportunity
:xtreme: you rock.
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-24-2005 at 07:10 PM

People that want to purchase the remaining oud on ebay have the oportunity to save 100$

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Oud-made-by-Iraqi-Maker-Saad-al-Tayyar_W0QQitemZ...
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 8-28-2005 at 11:53 PM

Due to my tuition coming closer and closer to the deadline. Iam offering a huge price drop. Anybody interested in the Iraqi oud with the sadle brige, Iam ready to let it go for
500$+shipping

The ebay auction ends in 2 days about. I would rather sell it to someone from here then on Ebay so let me know about it quickly.
Regards, Samir

samir_nassif@hotmail.com
SamirCanada

[*] posted on 9-8-2005 at 05:15 PM
The Tayyar guitar saddle oud SOLD!!

Once again big mega thank you's to MIKE
:bowdown:

Go To Top