Author: Subject: My 2003 Ibrahim Sukar FOR SALE
Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-24-2006 at 08:22 PM
My 2003 Ibrahim Sukar FOR SALE

2003 Ibrahim Sukar info

Sound Clip

This is the oud I've been playing for the last year and a half. Great sound, and playability. Action is adjustable. I have it set about medium. Strung with Aquila Nylgut. This oud has excellent trebles, very sweet sound, not shrill at all. Very "old school" sounding. I'm selling it to raise money to buy something I've wanted since before I even touched an oud---a kanun! I've priced this oud at $695, plus shipping. That's a fair price for a Sukar, and his top model at that. I repaired this oud myself, made a new nut (original was not good), and re-fit almost every ebony peg. They now turn very smoothly--and hold--this oud stays in tune for weeks at a time, literally. (I don't take the oud out much, it lives in my home office 99% of the time). Check out the links for more info and photos. This was my first arabic oud, and it's the one I cut my teeth on. I hope it finds a good home. :)

Jameel
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 2-14-2006 at 05:54 PM

Sold.

SamirCanada

[*] posted on 2-14-2006 at 11:13 PM

Congradulations Hopefully it will be nicely played :bounce:

The database is looking good by the way Jameel.

At the same time Its good to remind people to provide our good friend Jameelo with pictures of your oud and a little sound clip if possible so that its part of the online oud database.

Go To Top