Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Yaroub M Fadhil #227 2002
todda
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 05:58 PM
Yaroub M Fadhil #227 2002

I posted this same listing but can not find it, sorry if it's a duplicate.
Selling my Bashir Oud ( Yaroub - Bashir style ) purchased from Ronney in October. Need to put funds back into my small business ( lost an important computer ).
Oud full discription can be see on the Oud Data Base:
http://www.msocp.com/InternetOudDatabase_YaroubFadel1.htm
- photos & sound sample and my email address.
Oud comes with hard case.
Details - the oud has two small indents ( approx 1/16" circles ) into the finish on the left hand side from where two screws of the hard case pressed into the finish during shipping. No structural problem, just nicked away the finish. I have cut the screws so that it in not a problem. Also small chip to soundboards's finish right next to the fingerboard ( approx 1/8").
Those that have always wanted to add a Yaroub Bashir to thier collection will find this an excellent opportunity.
Selling for what I paid $1500.00. I will provide UPS Gound, insured shipping to the lower 48 US states. Overseas shipping will be at the expense of the buyer. Funds must be secured before I ship.

Thank's for looking.

Todd
revaldo29
Oud Junkie

Mood: inspired

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 06:36 PM

Hey Todda,

I may be mistaken, but I remember that when Lee was selling this oud way back in the day, he advertised it as being Rosewood and not Walnut as is stated on the database. I say this becuase from what I understand, rosewood is a far superior wood.
LeeVaris
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud lover

[*] posted on 4-2-2006 at 08:16 PM

If this is the same oud that I had, the bowl is made of rosewood! Very fine oud - If I had the funds I'd buy it back...:D

regards,

Lee Varis
varis@varis.com , www.varis.com
todda
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 06:22 AM
Rosewood

Thankyou Lee - my mistake, I do appreciate the correction. I have the original email from Ronney and he though Walnut and was priced lower because of that..... mmmmm now it's starting to sound like a real bargan at $1500.00!!

Todd
Ronny Andersson
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-3-2006 at 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by todda
Thankyou Lee - my mistake, I do appreciate the correction. I have the original email from Ronney and he though Walnut and was priced lower because of that..... mmmmm now it's starting to sound like a real bargan at $1500.00!!

Todd

I belive you are quoting me wrong Todd, I've always knew that this oud had a bowl of rosewood since I gave the first owner of this oud advices when he ordered the oud from Yaroub, but I think I told you the ones made of walnut was normally cheaper.... Rosewood is the favourite wood for Bashir ouds by Yaroub and Fawzy.

Best wishes

Ronny
todda
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-4-2006 at 10:15 AM
Priced reduce to encourage sale

Ok - received alot of emails, but no takers yet, so let's try a price drop - lowe the price to $1200.00.

Todd

Go To Top