Printable Version  
Author: Subject: lifting / warped face
ChrisOud
Oud Lover

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-10-2006 at 12:50 PM
lifting / warped face

Hi Everyone,
I have a Syrian made oud suitable for an intermediate player and had noticed the face had a slight warp. Following a flight from US to UK (I had to wrap and box the oud and put it in the hold thanks to UK travel rules at the time) the face has started to lift. I assume this was mainly due to to the temeperature and humidity in the hold. I will make a glue repair to the 10cm or so that has lifted. Any suggestions for what type of glue I should use? What else do I need to bear in mind?
Dr. Oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: better than before

[*] posted on 12-11-2006 at 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisOud
Hi Everyone,
I have a Syrian made oud suitable for an intermediate player and had noticed the face had a slight warp. Following a flight from US to UK (I had to wrap and box the oud and put it in the hold thanks to UK travel rules at the time) the face has started to lift. I assume this was mainly due to to the temeperature and humidity in the hold. I will make a glue repair to the 10cm or so that has lifted. Any suggestions for what type of glue I should use? What else do I need to bear in mind?

use cooked hide glue, not the liquid stuff. If you can't deal with it, use yellow carpenter's glue (aliphatic resin), indoor version.
DO NOT USE: crazy glue, resorcinol glue, white polyvinyl glue, cement of any kind, or epoxy.

Go To Top