Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mete Aslan Turkish Ud CD
John Erlich
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud-Obsessed

[*] posted on 4-9-2007 at 06:26 PM
Mete Aslan Turkish Ud CD

Greetings Fellow Udis,

I recently a purchased a very nice Turkish solo ud CD of taksim and Ottoman classical music pieces.

The player is Mete Aslan, and I bought from Tulumba.com, a Brooklyn-based company.

http://www.tulumba.com/storeItem.asp?ic=MU900346EE778

I really enjoy the recording. Though I would describe his playing style as a bit more "ordinary" than Necati Çelik or Yurdal Tokcan, this fact makes it a more accessible example of Turkish-style ud phrasing and ornamentation.

I was very happy with Tulumba's customer service.

Cheers,
Udi John
Arto
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-16-2007 at 09:25 AM

Thanks John for pointing this out this album. I got it today and and like it a lot.

For European forumites: this CD can be bought from eBay Germany, where I got it:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Ud-With-Mete-Aslan-Tuerkische-Klassik-Musik_W0QQ...

This was my first experience with this seller. The delivery was very fast. I have been jealous for US members as you have this Tulumba web store, but I have had only great experiences with eBay sellers "zihnimusic" and "erserim" here in Europe. It´s useful to search eBay Germany, it often seems to have stuff that is not linked from ebay.com.

PS: No oud content, but this seller "tuerkeimusik" has also a nice tanbur recording "Tambur with Hulusi Babalik" which I bought at the same time with Aslan oud CD. Tanbur solo albums are too rare breed, I was very happy to notice this one!

greetings, Arto

Go To Top