Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Eraydin ouds...
nadir
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 10:06 PM
Eraydin ouds...

Some please help, I am in desperate need of finding the actual shop of Mr. Eraydin in ISTANBUL. Why? Because I am leaving to Istanbul in a few hours! :bounce:

Please E-MAIL me the address of his shop at nadir7x@hotmail.com. Tell you guys about my trip when I get back, I'm there for six days! :xtreme:
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-5-2004 at 11:32 PM

Hello Nadir

Let me help u with the location first :

He is in Aydin 700 kms to Istanbul
125 kms to Izmir. In a state called Aegean. If you travel from Istanbul please spare 9 HRS to reach his area.

Hope that will help my friend!

Regards
**7hrs from KL to Cairo by Air
nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 05:14 PM

Hey guys, just came back from Turkey a few hours ago... tell you all about it when I wake up! :wavey:
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 05:38 PM

welcome back..looking forward to hearing about it.

Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-11-2004 at 05:38 PM

Hi Nadir

Normally what time you usually wake up? Can you wake up a bit early today so we dont have to wait too long? Thanks buddy-cant wait to hear your quest and journey to the Eraydin's Oud!

Regards
nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 04:41 AM

Hey guys! Well, my vacation was just AWESOME! I got to see palaces, mosques, Prophet Mohammed's swords... so many things!! Anyways, getting to ouds... :buttrock:

I went to this area in Istanbul called Galipede and that whole area is dedicated to instruments! It is famous throughout Turkey for having just about every instrument and has been there for decades.

Galipede is so immense actually that I wasn't able to visit all the shops! All I was able to see actually (without exaggeration) were around fifty shops with ouds, sazes, and guitars in their windows.

I went to Mr. Sandi's Cankaya Music store where they had around thirty ouds that I could see. I tried the electric one and a few models that haven't been mass produced and was really impressed with the sound quality as well as craftsmanship that went into his ouds.

There is no comparison in Galipede for whose ouds were the best, Mr. Sandi's towered over the market along with Faruk Turunz.

I decided not to get a Sandi oud, it really wasn't me, instead I felt myself more in the Turunz ouds. So I placed an order for a rosewood one! :bounce:

Yet, with good news also comes bad news... I was not able to visit Mr. Eraydin's oud workshop unfortunately since I was in Istanbul. However, I'm getting his Oud Model 3! It's going to be delivered to Dubai along with the Turunz.

I will post pictures of the ouds when I receive them! I expect to have the Turunz this Thursday and am still waiting to hear about my Eraydin.

I highly recommend everyone a visit to Turkey at least once! A warm thanks to everyone that has helped me out in this forum. :bowdown:
chuckerbutty
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 04:54 AM

Mabrouk about your Turunz. Someone I know here used to have one, and it was simply one of the best made instruments (not just ouds) I have seen. You'll need to post some pics when you get it.
nadir
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-12-2004 at 07:36 AM

Well everyone, I've finally posted the first wave of my pictures on the net, so here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/oz/nadir/oud.html

Go To Top