Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Suggestion
spyrosc
Oud Junkie

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 4-24-2004 at 03:34 PM
Suggestion

Dear Mike,

Your great site has become the home of all of us who love the oud, and I see with great satisfaction that our number increases every day.

I have a couple of suggestions which may make your site evern more useful (if that's possible):

1) A lot of people attach sheet music to their posts, but after a few days, those posts get buried under th pile and it's hard to locate them or to even know they are there, because you can't search for them. What if you had a separate page (like your video, mp3, oudism etc) pages, where people could upload their sheet music, so it's all in one place.

By the way, a similar page could be set up for people to upload the beautiful pictures of all those gorgeous instruments, so they can be seen as a "gallery" so to speak. This might even give you a better opportunity to manage your space.

2) A lot of new people sign up every day, and predictably they ask the same questions that have been asked and answered many many times before. Again, what if you set up a "FAQ" page and make it easy for people to see it. I realize they can always "Search" for their questions, but it's a matter of convenience.

Anyway, thanks again for everything
Spyros C.
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-24-2004 at 04:37 PM

Hi Spyrosc

I have set up a page on my website dedicated to Oud FAQ (collecting material from this Forum) You can check out this month FAQ its about PEGS and Maintain it in Position. Hope this will help new and senior members to refresh their knowledge!

Regards
david
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ouderific

[*] posted on 4-24-2004 at 07:14 PM

:applause::applause::applause::applause:Great Idea:applause::applause::applause::applause:
samzayed
Oud Junkie

Mood: Mashee el hal

[*] posted on 4-24-2004 at 11:53 PM

Zulkarnain, where is your site?
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 07:35 AM

Hi

http://www.zulkarnainyusof.com

Regards
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 10:06 PM

Hi Spyrosc,

First of all, thanks for your kind comments. I actually have been thinking about doing something for scores for quite awhile now. I hope to have something done pretty soon. As far as the FAQ page goes, there are other great resources like David Parfitt's site and Kane's site, among others. The focus of this website was originally mainly audio files. Anyway, your suggestions are very good ones, and hopefully in the near future there will be a sort of file sharing page up soon.

Zul...cool website man. I didn't know you had one until you mentioned it in this thread! Very nice bro.

Take care,
Mike
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-25-2004 at 11:58 PM

:wavey:

Thanks Mike;) Its only half-way done but I upload it anyway. Everyone is welcome to check it out!

Regards
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 4-26-2004 at 05:46 PM

Hi Spyrosc,

Okay, I made a section to share musical scores. I think it is the best way for people to share their scores. I'm open for any suggestions to improve the page. If I can do it, I promise I will. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Musical Scores Page

Take care,
Mike

mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 4-26-2004 at 05:50 PM

Awesome job Mike. Your site is amazing enough man, but this page really blew me away. Beautiful work!

Let's fill it up everybody!

Thanks to Spyrosc for the suggestions, and to Mike for following through so well.

mav

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
Zulkarnain
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-26-2004 at 06:12 PM

:bowdown:

Go To Top