Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5
Author: Subject: Nahat in Brazil
ALAMI
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 01:54 AM

But seriously, it is amazing to discover a brand new Elias Abdo in 2011, and I always love the stories behind the instruments.

Thank you Al Faraby for sharing.

Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 02:34 AM

Hi Alami

I can't let you cut an oud in half so keep playing it - that will do for me:airguitar: ... but it was worth a try. You are right, the story of the Nahats it amazing.

Cheers

Leon
liviajacob
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 5-20-2011 at 06:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Alfaraby  
This evening I had one of the most moving experiences I had with the Nahat ouds issue .

The bowl is made of an unknown wood to me, pretty heavy, the soundboard is B' class spruce, the roses are handmade ivory on wood, the fingerboard is ivory inlay in ebony, the bridge is the same we see in other Nahats', the pickguard is ebony ...

Unfortunately, I couldn't play the oud. The strings were old & worn out producing dull sound, but after all it sounded just like any other new oud, or unplayed oud for 35 years.

Mahraba ya azizi!

WOWWWWWW! LILILILILILILILILILI:applause:

You did an excelent job! I must confess I fell jealousy... Ok, I know - God forbides hahaha - but anyway, I had to take a plane from Rio to Sao Paulo to shot those Ouds... You decide to take a coffe break in front of your house.... and you found the same ouds????? Identical and brand new, just like the ouds I saw here.

Maktub! That was your destiny. I knew the right person to play it would appear. And it was YOU! Alhamidullilah!!!!!!!

No chances to change the strings and give us an idea of its sound??

As I have told you before... Elias´ ouds were not a trade... he was much more interested to please himself and his friends/family... Not for show. It´s difficult to understand how life was in past times... as we now live in a REALITY SHOW every day...

I sent you an email recently. Have you read?? A Elias´ niece wrote me and told me Nahats here did not made any ouds from Abdo´s death to the lates 70´s.... Until she did not give me the authorization, I am not able to publish this information officially at AL Tarab... But at least, makes sense to my research, as I was looking for those misterious ouds of that period (this one you found is 76´s and is according to the dates she gave me)...

I am sure this wood is brazilian, the same wood I saw. Yes, they were heavy ;-)

You made my day, Uncle Jamil! Take care!!! And enjoy Brazilian cofee. The best of the world ;)

David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 2-16-2013 at 03:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by liviajacob  
Hi, folks....

Maybe you are going to like it. I hope so! A gift to Nahat ouds´ addicted. I must confess I did not want to open the web site again... but it would be a pity to waste those pictures... I know it can be usefull to many people. So... I am back for a while. Unfortunatelly Elia´s grandson gave me no clue about the year of those Ouds... :(

http://altarab.multiply.com/photos/album/31
http://altarab.multiply.com/photos/album/32/32
http://altarab.multiply.com/photos/album/33

With my best wishes, Livia.
P.s.: By the way - Happy 2011, happy carnival, Happy easter and whatever.... ;)

Did anyone by any chance save the photos of the 1924 Mississian oud that were on the above site? I would really like to compare them with another unidentified oud, but I can't seem to access any photos via the above links...

Many thanks

David

Alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 08:46 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David Parfitt  
Did anyone by any chance save the photos of the 1924 Mississian oud ? I would really like to compare them with another unidentified oud, but I can't seem to access any photos via the above links...

Here you go, though not a Nahhat issue, but a chance to revive this outstanding thread.

Cheers David

Yours indeed
Alfaraby

[file]26284[/file] [file]26290[/file] [file]26286[/file] [file]26288[/file] [file]26292[/file] [file]26294[/file] [file]26296[/file] [file]26300[/file][file]26302[/file]

alfarabymusic@gmail.com
David Parfitt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 3-14-2013 at 12:44 PM

Thank you very much Alfaraby! This enables me to confirm the identity of a "mystery" oud owned by Elyasaf Shweka (see below). I thought the Arabic text might read "Mihran Mississian", but the portrait settles it.

Best wishes

David

SamirCanada

[*] posted on 3-15-2018 at 07:42 AM
Elias Abdo Nahat

I found this lovely picture of Elias Abdo Nahat, recently uploaded by his family in Brazil. He is holding one of his ouds like a proud father.

Elias Abdo Nahat.jpg - 79kB

@samiroud Instagram
samiroudmaker@gmail.com
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5

Go To Top