Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: anyone see this video
oudplayer
Oud Junkie

Mood: ouds up

[*] posted on 7-19-2004 at 05:46 PM
anyone see this video

hi i am a begginer oudist and wanting to learn is this a good movie to learn from John Vartan he has a movie oud and i wanna know if it is good thx alot sam
email is temoniprince@aol.com if u have any other vidios it will be helpful
Jonathan
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 8-18-2004 at 12:47 PM

I have this video, and I like it. It is fairly short (I am guessing about 25 minutes), but it goes through all of the basic maqamat, and some basic rhythms. If you don't have access to a teacher, I think this video would be especially useful (it has been for me). You can refer to it again and again, and gain a little each time. For me, reading on theory and practicing is fine, but it certainly helps to see somebody play the oud, and play in various modes. I wish it went into a bit more detail, but I do think it is very useful. I would recommend it.
There is also a How to Play Ud Volume 1 VCD for your computer, from Turkey. It has been translated into English. If you need help finding it, let me know, and I can give you more info. I liked Vartan's better, but this disc is useful.
Jonathan
Haluk
Oud Junkie

Mood: oud and saz producer

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 01:54 AM

Hi,

We have ''How to play oud'' VCDs 4 volumes by a music professor from conservatoire of Denizli,oud division.Very helpfull for learners and advanced players,every thing about oud, maqams, tuning etc.But unfortunately only Oud-1 is in English currently.The other 3 VCDs are in Turkish. After purposal of Ministry of Culture and Education,2-3-4 VCDs will be ready in English.I am sending my customers oud-1 VCD as a gift,my Japan wholesaler customer wants all 4 VCDs for his customers,till English versions will be ready.Too much customers of mine, waiting English versions of 2-3 and 4 VCDs.
VCD-1 is 55 minutes,price is 6$ each.
Regards.

View user's profile Visit user's homepage View All Posts By User This user has MSN Messenger
mesrop1991
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 6-29-2015 at 05:04 AM

@Haluk mentioned the other 3 versions were in the process of being translated a few years ago (that is the "How to learn ud" in English). Does anyone know if these have been made available?
Greg
Administrator

Mood: Serene

[*] posted on 6-29-2015 at 05:11 AM

Hello mesrop1991,

Welcome to the forums. This thread was last active eleven years ago. Sadly, Haluk Eraydin passed away in 2008 and his business was closed down.
I have heard nothing more in regard to the VCDs since.

Greg

Go To Top