!!!!!! -- 0 (0%)

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Dimtris Rapakousios
omazuz
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-8-2010 at 02:44 PM
Dimtris Rapakousios

The first time I heard the name Dimitris Rapakousios and entered his website was a few months ago, when my friend was wondering if he would order from Dimitris the Valencia oud.
A few days ago I've returned from Athens after picking the Valencia oud from Dimitris and I want to share my short but significant adventure with you all.
I arrived to work shop at Friday afternoon(before Shabath) and the minute I saw him and the Valencioa oud I figured-Dimtris is an artist and I will detail.
The Valencia oud "plays by itself.." and the craftsmanship is perfect (11ribs amazing spruce sound board and unique pegs) and the sound is "Valencia sound" - The work shop has the look
and the smell of an artist work shop if you know what I mean - if you don't its a petty...
I saw a few of Dimitris instruments (Iraki style7 strings floating bridge,Arabic 6 strings , lavta, bouzuki, Iraki style 6 stings 4 years old if i remember and more...) and i must say they are all piece of art
and that the sound files in web are doing injustice to his instruments- they sound much much better in real.
I would like to add and say that hospitality was very generous and patient to all of my questions and i got explanation with details and no bias.
Dimtris also took me (and his lovely wife and 1 more friend accompany us) Sat. night to see and hear Haig Yazdjian- a true musician which i admire i must say. The show was amazing and i even met Haig- a very nice warm man- I hope i will have a chance to meet him again.
(If u have a chance of seeing his show- don't hesitate just go !!! )
I will finish by saying it was a wonderful experience - too short for my sorrow. I hope i will meet Dimtris again and definitely mean to order an Oud from him hopefully in the nearest future.
Thank u Dimtris and of course his wife and his friends

( The pick guard is mine try to not see it...)

V2.jpg - 105kB V5.jpg - 104kB

V1.jpg - 83kB V3.jpg - 76kB V4.jpg - 76kB
Ararat66
Oud Junkie

Mood: mellow yellow

[*] posted on 3-9-2010 at 12:23 PM

Fantastic looking oud, really unique , I remember contacting Dimitris about this instrument some time ago, I think Haig Yazdjian is playing one here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmiSbePf1sc

amazing sound, particularly the mids and trebles.

Dimitris and Haig are true artists ... andI'm sure you are too.

Play in good health.

Leon:)
muthada
Oud Maniac

Mood: oudish

[*] posted on 3-9-2010 at 01:29 PM
beautiful

great craftman:applause:

Go To Top