Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New oud
Aziz
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 03:11 AM
New oud

Hi all :wavey:

i want to share an audio file using my new oud its Syrian, made by Samir Azar ( not sure) no label only the shop address label:shrug:.

[url=clip2.mp3]Nahwand taqsim[/url]

its looks like this one on this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gbfF3HZYhY&feature=PlayList&...
Aziz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 03:13 AM

and one more clip

http://www.4shared.com/file/255905831/a2233a42/clip3.html

Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 03:33 AM

Hi Aziz :wavey:

nice sounding Oud and well played:applause: !! I like the sound of the treble-strings! Is it a real new one or just new for you? I`d be interestet in what it sounds like if it is played a while.

Enjoy your new "baby":D

Regards from Germany,

Marcus

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
ameer
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-7-2010 at 09:10 AM

Very nice sound, equally nice playing. Are those Aquila strings?
damascene_oud
Oud Junkie

Mood: Obssessed by oud

[*] posted on 4-8-2010 at 04:31 AM

As far as i know, Samir Azar never let any oud he builds leave his workshop unlabeled.
However, regardless or who made it, your oud sounds just beautiful for me.
It's the type i like it, deep, bass, high resonance and more like tarabi.
Enjoy playing it with lots of happiness and health :)
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

Mood: Curious

[*] posted on 4-8-2010 at 04:52 AM

Hi Aziz!

The oud on youtube link is NOT a Samir Azar oud!

It is the Sukar model 1 oud. And this pick guard is the way Sukar used to use before, as you can see on his web

http://www.oudsukar.com/

You can double check by looking inside (with a miror) and see if you find the "butterfly" that Fernandraynaud had mentioned many times :)

p.s. I think that Sukar ouds are the best deal FOR THE PRICE!

Enjoy your oud :)

The wood might be dead, but the oud is alive.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 4-9-2010 at 03:50 AM

That second MP3 especially sounds like a Sukar. Has he always used that butterfly nut?
alfaraby
Oud Junkie

Mood: Cool

[*] posted on 4-10-2010 at 12:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Luttgutt  

The oud on youtube link is NOT a Samir Azar oud ! It is the Sukar model 1 oud.

It's definitely a Sukkar's !
What really amazes is the fact that this artist in the clip had chosen this of all ouds on Earth ....
Excuse meeeee , but .... well it's a matter of taste, or maybe one of pocket issue, I don't know !

Yours Truly
Alfaraby
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-10-2010 at 03:54 AM

Well, there is absolutly NOTHING wrong with this oud!! What makes you say that?!

If he just put some decent strings (he still has the original Sukar strings, that really suck, as we ALL know), and if he knew how to tune it properly!!!!!!!!!!!!

diane
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-11-2010 at 01:29 AM

Alfaraby, please try to refrain from being disrespectful. I believe you can paint yourself in a better light than this.
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 4-11-2010 at 11:38 PM

Alfaraby, I have had trouble following some of your posts, like the one about fixing the action with a coin in a machine. And this one - is it the artist's pocket that's the issue, or the neck? But, all good things come to those who wait, if you can hang out somewhere around Wales it sounds like Diane will come around and straighten it all out.
Aziz
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-12-2010 at 02:09 AM

Thanks all

Thanks Marcus :) it’s a new one, i hop it will sound better by time.

Yes, its Sukar oud I remember Samir Azar said in one of his e-mails to me that he doesn’t deal with mass production.

Alfarabi, this is not Khaled's oud (his name is Khaled Abdulrahman) it’s the tv channel who gave him this oud his oud is Salmeen (kuwaity oud).

About the price it’s good to have a nice oud with less money don’t you think so :)
bibo10
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-13-2010 at 06:52 AM

To all the dear members,
please accept my humble advice, this is to all western members or to members in general who are not familiar with the traditional arabic music and arabic oud playing style. if you want to know more about this style, then maybe you should listen to someone who was born and raised in the middle east and played all his life the traditional oud, for example alraraby
I doubt he is trying to offend anyone but he knows more about the subject due to his background, and when he judges sukar or maurice or anything, it is because he is very familiar with this area of matter, again he is someone who is born into this!
I guess its hard to be convinced about a sukar when u own a nahat, a bedrossion and such...

+++++++++++
Michael-GOD BLESS EGYPT
diane
Oud Addict

[*] posted on 4-13-2010 at 11:43 AM

I'm sorry Michael, but for me, being 'born into' something doesn't replace courtesy. There are many people on this site and in this world, some grown up in traditions some not who are making journeys in their lives. It is not a sign of great wisdom or stature that someone makes them feel small. In my experience truly great people do not as they have no need to. Some people use this kind of behaviour as a shield round their own issues. It would be sad if this site was not a place where people could try, learn, grow indeed, and instead be a place of insecurity and 'hierarchical' worship.
Of course, there is absolutely nothing wrong is disagreeing or indeed having an opinion that others may not like, that is part of how we all grow, but there is tact and there is kindness. And it is my belief that there is room enough for both here. It diminishes the credibility of anything someone has to say when it comes as ridicule as it appears to come for its own self-bolstering sake. People switch off.
I'm sorry if I speak out of turn but people posting their efforts on the site and sharing things shouldn't be met with this tone.
Let us not go down the path of 'cultural difference'. I have good friends and kind acquaintances, who exude humility, grace and love despite their worthiness, some of whom are regarded highly by a wider audience some of whom are simply good people. I think they would be quite insulted by that.
I'm sorry. I hope the matter can be settled and we can move away from 'prestige' attitudes and move back to the simple love of music and the making of it by people and the sharing in that together.
I believe people come here because of love or interest and being put down will just turn people away and send them elsewhere. I think that would be a shame and a waste of the spark which brought them here.
As I have said I find truly great people tend to exude courtesy - because they can afford to.
Luttgutt
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 4-13-2010 at 01:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bibo10  
To all the dear members,
please accept my humble advice, this is to all western members or to members in general who are not familiar with the traditional arabic music and arabic oud playing style. if you want to know more about this style, then maybe you should listen to someone who was born and raised in the middle east and played all his life the traditional oud, for example alraraby
I doubt he is trying to offend anyone but he knows more about the subject due to his background, and when he judges sukar or maurice or anything, it is because he is very familiar with this area of matter, again he is someone who is born into this!
I guess its hard to be convinced about a sukar when u own a nahat, a bedrossion and such...

But Bibo, are you not assuming things that you don't really know!? You don't know, for example, what kind of background I have, right?

How can you "compare" our knowledge? :shrug:

p.s. I agree with you Diane.

Go To Top