Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: My TUNIS-OUD EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!
danieletarab
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 01:53 AM
My TUNIS-OUD EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!

Hello everybody!
Just came back from Tunis and as I promised you I am going to report in few words my Oud experience.
Well, I went to study with ACHREF CHARGUI, a young tunisian oud teacher who teachs also at the Tunis Conservatoire.
He is absolutely great!!!!!
First of all, he's a very nice, funny, intelligent, open minded, intresting, extremily kind and friendly guy.
Then, he's a very, very good player, but the most important thing is that he's a very, very, very good TEACHER, that is not the same thing as you know for sure..

He made me understand Maqamat philosophy (well, a part of it!) in few hours, he taught me several incredibly useful exercises, he playd lots of taksims in front of me teaching me how to analyze them, or better to say, how to feel and understand them.

He has a "spiritual" approach to Oud, but he's also concerned about tecnique\ I think he gets a good balance between tecnique, knowledge and freedom of expression.

He's the kind of teacher you become friend with, very keen on helping you, sharing his knowledge with great pleasure, and he doesn't definitely look at the watch when is teaching\
He feels almost guilty when you pay him!! I am sure that if he was rich he would not even ask for money..

He gave me several music sheets and lots of music, and what it'is important to, we talked a lot, and he answered to all of my thousand questions with pleasure.

Of course I am not as much expert as most of you, so maybe I'm not the right person for giving a techical judgement on his playng\ Maybe for me he's very very good musican, for some of you, he's just a good musician, I don't know.

What I can definitely say is that he's very good in teaching, he's very knowledgable, he's a great man, and yes, I think that he's a very very good Oud player.

I higly recomend at least one try!

His name is ACHREF CHARGUI\ anyone can contact me for his number\ Anyway, you'll find him in FACEBOOK.

Thank you guys, I am looking forward to study my lessons now, and remember, my room for guests in Palermo, is always ready for every Oud player of the planet!!!

Daniele

corridoio
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-30-2010 at 11:38 AM

Hi Daniele,
happy to hear all was very good for you

Ale

Go To Top