Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: ARDENT DEBATES SEEM MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN ...
Mike
Super Administrator

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 5-16-2010 at 08:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  

.. .what WAS the topic again? Ah, ARDENT DEBATE. So it's on-topic! That's not like the admin coming in and deleting the single most moving example of conflict-resolution without the use of censorship or billy clubs. A wonderful story, in which alienated family members were at last coming together, while strangers were amiably solving their differences, and ardent folks with widely divergent views all ended up in a "Lassie" or "Walt Disney" ending, leaving the scene virtually hugging, with practically tears in their eyes! Religious people were coming from far just to touch the servers this demonstrably happened on, and (after it was all over) (but just before anybody had a chance to save it all and present it to the Vatican, or to the great Ecumenical conference in Jerusalem, or at least on Oprah), the admin tread in with combat boots because he'd heard of conflict, and wiped out the whole thread, and this most precious evidence of Man's ability to cooperate went up in bits, never to be believed! That's like burning the Dead Sea Scrolls to prevent controversy! :( :shrug: :)

You seem angry. In the past 6 or 7 years, I've NEVER felt compelled enough to "censor" an entire thread like I just recently did. Why? Because I never felt like it needed to be done. Fathom that. One other thing, this will be the last time I address you, so if you feel like responding with a few hundred word response, mixing in...what you may believe to be witty.... analogies, I ask you to please refrain. If it will make you feel better to get the last word, then have at it. I most likely won't even read it, and I could care less how you think is the best way to run these forums.

fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 5-16-2010 at 12:31 PM

Yes, I was angry. Had my tea. We disagreed. Spoke my peace. Hope I didn't upset anyone. Thank you. Especially for hosting this wonderful forum.

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top