Author: Subject: Ornamentation exercises
joklany
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 6-22-2010 at 11:46 PM
Ornamentation exercises

Hello All

I hope this message finds you well.

I (and I am sure many bigginers like me) would realy appreciate it if somebody could provide audio or even better video samples of the examples on this page:

http://www.oudcafe.com/ornamentation_exercises.htm

I have written to the owner of this great site but unfortunately did not receive a response.

Many Thanks

Jaafar
bibo10
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 6-23-2010 at 05:41 AM

Hi Jaafar,

The owner of oudcafe is a member in the forums here, Mavrothi.

He is a great person, I am sure he would help you out. Just give him sometime maybe he is busy. In the meantime, you should the search function in the forum here to look up exercises. Good luck

+++++++++++
Michael-GOD BLESS EGYPT
joklany
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 10:26 AM

Thanks Michael. I look forward to hear from Mavrothi.

I searched the forum but unfortuntely could not find anything on ornamentation exercises.

Regards
Jaafar
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 6-25-2010 at 06:50 PM
Oudcafe

Hi there,

I'm sorry if I did not respond to you, I usually respond to every email I get asking for help with the oud, or about my site specifically. You must have emailed me at a time when I had more than normal amounts of email coming in, and yours slipped by.

The honest truth is, my friends, it takes a lot of work to create and update a website like this.

And, I am not paid for my work and time - it is only out of my spirit of sharing whatever knowledge and experience I have that has pushed me to create the site in the first place, because especially at the time I first started the site, there were not many oud teachers around, and much less information online about oud and Ottoman theory/practice in English than there is now.

But my life has been very busy lately, and unfortunately, I have not been updating the site as much as I would like to.

Jaafar, if you would like to schedule some online lessons with me, I will be happy to work with you on any aspect of your playing that you would like.

And I hope, before too long, I will have time to put a lot of work into the Oudcafe, to keep it going in the direction it started.

Thank you,

Mavrothi

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse
joklany
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 6-26-2010 at 08:18 AM

Dear Mavrothi

I totally understand your life commitments and I cannot tell you how much I and many others appreciate your efforts in setting up your web site.

Thank you so much for your kind offer to take online lessons with you. I will definitly consider it when I am technically set up to have it!

Best wishes
Jaafar
mavrothis
Oud Junkie

Mood: big band envy

[*] posted on 6-26-2010 at 02:51 PM

Thank you to both of you, I really appreciate everything you are saying and hope that I can start updating the Oudcafe more regularly and meaningfully again before too long.

Take care,

mavrothis

http://www.mtkontanis-music.com

"...desirable and comfortable as culture may be, an artist should not lie down in it. "
--Edgard Varèse

Go To Top