Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 3 New Ouds. Any eccentrics out there.. Here are 8 strings on one Oud!
Alioud
Oud Maniac

Mood: Extremely Happy!

[*] posted on 7-1-2010 at 01:49 PM
3 New Ouds. Any eccentrics out there.. Here are 8 strings on one Oud!

Hi,

So, the last 3 ouds I posted around 2 weeks ago are sold.

Here are new ones, and I will start with an interesting Oud.

1- 8 String Floating Bridge Oud

I don't know how to play this and I only know one person who actually owns and frequently plays an 8 strings Oud, and that's Naseer Shamma. His Oud which is made by Fawzi Munshid sounds very dull and lacks depth.

This Oud is a 57 cms scale length Oud .. There are 14 double strings and 1 single string for lowest note. (A total of 15 Ebony Pegs)
The Neck length is 19 cms, 5 cms width at the nut and 6.8 cms at the body/neck joint. (It hold and plays comfortably for me, the same response I got from someone with a small hand)

The Soundboard is Master Grade Western Red Cedar and the braces are the tough and rare Adirondack Spruce for extra support of the soundboard.
The back is Indian Rosewood.

In this video I tuned the Oud ( E-BB-EE-AA-DD-gg-cc-ff-b'b') That's a B flat at the end.
8 Strings Oud, 57 cms scale

2- 6 Strings Floating Bridge Oud

Here is a new beauty. 6 strings, 57 cms scale, 19 cms neck length. Master Grade Western Red Cedar soundboard and Indian Rosewood for the back.

6 strings, 57 cms scale, floating bridge

3- 58.5 Floating 7 strings Oud

This is a 7 strings (6 double and one single string for the lowest note) 58.5 cms scale length floating bridge Oud. The neck length is 19.5 cms. I made 7 strings ouds before with a nut with of 4.5 cms and neck/body joint width of 6.3 cms.. But I found out that using a 4 cms nut with 6 cms joint like I did in this Oud is comfortable and more playable that a larger neck.

The soundboard is a Master Grade Engleman spruce and the back is made of Indian Rosewood.
7 Strings 58.5 cms Floating Bridge Oud

If you're interested, drop me an email on <Alioud16@gmail.com> ...

I can ship the Ouds to virtually anywhere except South America.. because the shipping costs are simply too high (More than 1000 USD for one Oud!!) unless you don't mind paying that amount to get the Oud.

For those who live in America.. I have lots of friends and cousins studying in the US who are currently vacationing at home in my small town in Saudi Arabia. They are leaving in August mainly and are more than happy to take an Oud on-board, and that can drop the shipping cost by 90%.

Ali Hassan

Alioud16@gmail.com

Go To Top