Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Send money to the Syria?
PellMellow
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-2-2010 at 04:43 AM
Send money to the Syria?

Yesterday a new member who nobody know appear and is telling about getting amazing price on most high-end Sukar Model 212, includes express shipping for free. He says he was sending the money direct to the Syria, using channel with no dispute resolution, and even recommend the Western Union. He tells how wonderful is this musicorner shop. Next day the shop man appaear by magic and grab everybody who was looking for oud. ;)

From USA the money cannot go to the Syria by trusted way like Paypal, it is forbidden because the Syria is on State Department danger list. Maybe users need be careful until things becoming a lot more clear.

oudmasterusa
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 03:18 AM

well we need their ouds so we have to buy them somehow
MatthewW
Oud Junkie

Mood: Al Salam

[*] posted on 7-11-2010 at 09:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by oudmasterusa  
well we need their ouds so we have to buy them somehow

I would strongly suggest anyone sending money anywhere for an oud to first read Mike's Disclaimer-
http://www.mikeouds.com/messageboard/viewthread.php?tid=1973

There have been members in this forum who have ended up with a less than satisfactory deal regarding one aspect or another of buying an oud, for example an oud arriving damaged or broken with no insurance cover and/or no further help from seller, or an oud that arrives and is not as the seller has described, and so on.
Know who you are buying from. regards, MW
dubai244
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 04:17 AM

Hi,

I am strongly agree with Matthew suggestion, bcause even the channel to send money is trusted, however the source who is selling these ouds is not trusted.

Plus there are many oud makers around world who are well known and can be trusted and they grante there products, i don know why some members insist dealing with unknow people and sources. Since i knew this forum untill today i haven't have any bad experience becasue i am very caution with whom i am dealing with.

The list of trusted makers had been written in this forum and there is a link for it, which i dont have it right now. Please guys if some body has the link please send it to this link to this thread.

Please Please Please ...... dont give a chance for "cheap" people to fall you and steal your money

Note: by any chance, i didnt mean to insult any country or people. I have dealth with oud makers from syria and they can be trusted and i send the money via western union and i have got great ouds from them.

Thanks
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 7-12-2010 at 07:18 PM

My experience is that even with people I've done business with before, the unwillingness to deal with problems is maddening. I had two instruments arrive from Damascus together, one perfect and one with damage to the finish that possibly was overlooked, or maybe conveniently ignored, at the time of packing. It sure didn't happen in transit.

When things go well, it's easier. Over the last 6 weeks my polite e-mails with photos have been ignored. Then I was repeatedly accused of switching instruments. Then they said the photos and video I sent showing (in one continuous take) the problems and the label with production date etc, were inadequate proof. After I repeatedly sent undeniable evidence, using various formats and compression ratios, along with a generous offer of settlement, we entered another period of "radio silence".

I have found that questioning their manhood is the only reliable way to elicit a response. At this time I am waiting to see if the partial refund they finally promised (along with a reference to my mother's anatomy) will materialize. It's not for the faint of heart.

fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 7-15-2010 at 03:40 PM

Happy to report that after a blood-curdling exchange of insults and epithets, with references to theft, prostitution, girly cowardice, our respective mothers' behinds, and so on (even Captain Haddock would have dropped out of the negotiations), we finally settled our differences. Sigh :shrug: :D .Hopefully the tattered rag doll remains of my mortal shell will not be dragged out in the dust by hyenas, from under some rocks on the road to Baly.

pikechild
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 8-18-2010 at 01:44 PM

Hi. I'm afraid I was the new member who posted the info on the Sukar oud from Syria. I was just trying to share my good experience which others hungry for ouds. Obviously not everyone would be willing to take the risk I did. I recommended an Islamic money transfer popular with Somali communities in the UK because it was an efficient way of sending money trusted by many.

I've taken chances in ordering from an Egyptian importer before and also had a good experience, so I guess I've just been lucky so far.

I'm glad I haven't had some of the bad experiences alluded to in this thread, but thanks for flagging them up and giving the flip side to my innocent enthusiasm.

Go To Top