Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Points of Interest in Beirut
fhalaw
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 7-30-2010 at 02:16 AM
Points of Interest in Beirut

Hello,
I am on vacation in Lebanon and was wondering what you guys would recommend as oud/music shops to visit in Beirut while I am here.
I will not necessarily buy a new oud but more like rishas, books etc etc..
(Dont tell me places in Syria or outside of Beirut, those are a separate discussion:)
Reda Aouad
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-30-2010 at 11:15 AM

1. Abdallah Chahine on Galerie Sem3an (Near Mar Mkhayel).. it's near a KFC branch

2. The national conservatory's library, where u can find Charbel's books and Marcel's (like Jadal), as well as others.. it's in Sinn el Feel.. but you have to ask about its opening hours.. I think they close at 01h00 PM and they don't open all days.. and even if you get there it will be close.. you will have to search the building for the library's responsible..

3. Georges Bitar.. one of the oud makers.. he has medium-quality ouds.. just if you'd like to try.. his number is : 03 237 137

4. Fadi Matta.. if you're interested I can get you his number I don't have it right now.. you can visit him at home or in his workshop and try the ouds he currently has

5. Nazih Ghadban.. he has a shop or house (or something) around Beirut but I don't remember where.. you can find his mobile number on his website.. ask him if he has ouds in Beirut..

Reda Aouad
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 7-30-2010 at 11:19 AM

And this is also a nice orchestra called "Orchestra Al Maten" which performs in various places around Lebanon.. it's composed of kids, young people and pros as well.. they play some classics (sama3is and stuff) and modern pieces.. I performed once with them.. I don't know if they have any performance soon but I can ask if you're interested and will give you contacts and details..

Go To Top