Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Novelty Oud?
philistine
Oud Admirer

Mood: No Mood

exclamation.gif posted on 8-19-2004 at 07:29 PM
Novelty Oud?

The other day I bought a "student model" oud from my guitar teachers friend. When I got it home and got the strings tuned up, almost ripping my fingers off in the process. I realized it sounds like crap.
Im afraid it is one of those novelty ouds that should be sold at pier 31...

The pegs are wooden and the holes look like they were carelessly punched into the peg box.

My guitar teacher tells me that Faruk Turunz makes very nice ouds, but they can be a little expensive. Any advice on makers of ouds would be greatly appreciated.
david
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ouderific

[*] posted on 8-19-2004 at 09:14 PM

:wavey: Do a search for oud makers and you'll find tons of info. Also it depends on what kind of oud you want. Turkish, Arabic or Iraqi.
Good Luck:bounce:
wfspark
Oud Junkie

Mood: Oud entranced!

[*] posted on 8-20-2004 at 06:15 AM
Good ouds

Quote:
Originally posted by philistine
The other day I bought a "student model" oud from my guitar teachers friend. When I got it home and got the strings tuned up, almost ripping my fingers off in the process. I realized it sounds like crap.
Im afraid it is one of those novelty ouds that should be sold at pier 31...

The pegs are wooden and the holes look like they were carelessly punched into the peg box.

My guitar teacher tells me that Faruk Turunz makes very nice ouds, but they can be a little expensive. Any advice on makers of ouds would be greatly appreciated.
Hello their. If you want a Turkish oud, go to http://www.eraydinsazevi.com.tr. Mr. Haluk Eraydin makes ouds, and runs that web site. The prices for the ouds start at $119.00. They have a great sound for a low price. If you are interested in listening to an Eraydin oud, let me know. I'll send you a recording of me playing. If you are looking for an Arabic oud, I would suggest looking at Shahata ouds. Their are several posts in the ouds ouds ouds section of the forums where you can listen to Shahata ouds. Also you may want to look at Nazah Gadban's ouds. Great sounding ouds as well. If you need any more help, please let me, or any of the other members on this forum know.

William F. Sparks

Go To Top