Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Electic Oud????
abusin
Oud Junkie

Mood: Ya Fuadi La Tasal

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 09:53 AM
Electic Oud????

To the end of the clip I didn't hear an oud, surely the audience/ judges panel too:D
It's an old clip but just came across it now, nice instrument/ invention but not my cup of tea :cool: I like mine traditional in sound and looks.

Enjoy

Electric oud

Best Regards

Awad
katakofka
Oud Junkie

Mood: Gypsy

[*] posted on 11-7-2010 at 10:09 AM

this is Naaser Makhuul :)
nothing serious...he just try stuff...he made electric bouzouk long time ago ..the same concept of the Oud in here....a sampler linked to the strings:)

fhalaw
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 05:35 PM

This is retarded....
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 09:24 PM

Can't think of a better description - retarded.

It's old hat triggering electronics from plucked strings and it's been done very well at times, too. I have a yamaha G10 MIDI guitar which sends the note and the amplitude on a separate channel for each string by measuring the transit time of an ultrasonic wave on the neck and the strength of the pluck, and then detects how much you are bending the string, so you can play intermediate tones. It's instant in it's detection and it's a very expressive instrument. You connect it to a big sampler or synthesizer. It's especially useful for guitarists who don't play keyboards but also for playing certain rhythmic lines that cannot be played as well on a keyboard. This oud contraption is a silly toy that is an insult to everything sensible.
Microber
Oud Junkie

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-8-2010 at 11:20 PM

WONDERFUL

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

I want one
Benji
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 10:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fernandraynaud  
Can't think of a better description - retarded.

This oud contraption is a silly toy that is an insult to everything sensible.

Oh common! It's not interesting, but it is not retarded as well!!!!
fernandraynaud
Oud Junkie

Mood: m'Oudy

[*] posted on 11-9-2010 at 03:10 PM

The sounds are lame. But it wouldn't be "retarded" if it worked. Notice all the spurious triggering when he tries to play using like the "piano" sound. It also apparently lacks any control over volume, pitch bend or any form of expression. One of the toy companies, I think it was Mattel, made a $50 plastic synthesizer guitar that had no less capability. The Casio MIDI guitar they made in the 1980s is incomparably superior, you can really play it. This is technology that has been developed and repeatedly refined. It turns out to be of limited use, even when it works as well as possible, because a keyboard is more effective and more universal, and most musicians can manage on one, so very few guitar controllers are still being made. Wind controllers, that emulate a sax or flute, on the other hand, are uniquely expressive, and are still popular. If you're going to design something like this, you would look at what's been done before. Ergo, compared to other designs, this contraption is literally retarded.
Benji
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-11-2010 at 04:50 AM

:) very good point! I just give him the credit of doing it when it wasn't so easy to get your hands on all these electronic parts!! Since the video is clearly 20 years old, or maybe I'm mistaking here!

Go To Top