Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Hassan Hamza Oud
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 08:30 AM
Hassan Hamza Oud

I just bought a Hassan Hamza Oud and I must say this Oud maker is by far the best. I have seen Ouds made by almost all of the famous makers around the worls but no one comes close to the quality produced by this maker.

I will post a photo of this Oud soon with a sound sample.
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

Mood: play my ouds

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 08:48 AM

I am sure that you can aford my friend to play and buy ouds from ALL THE GOOD MAKERS in the world,.
If that is not a joke what it is?????
It's atleast insulting to all the other luthiers and oudplayers.
What you like is something personal,what I like is something is something personal also,each flower has his own parfume....
Sometimes we have to think before to speak....
Regards to all members

aytayfun
Oud Junkie

Mood: luthier and player

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 09:26 AM

I'm with you Spyros. Ok burhan. Explain us how many famous luthier ouds you have or how many oud masters you know.
Come on dburhan.
It is just a mather of taste. I know that sypros have a manol dated form 1880 (not sure about the date.)
I have two Manols. and five other ouds. Every one has its own taste.
Dont forget dburhan we did not use to compare our oud masters with each other. Of course Hassan Hamza can be the greatest master or the Lord of Sith for us. But his name did not interest me.

Dr. Tayfun AYDIN
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-15-2010 at 12:48 PM

There are many many new luthiers that we do not know their names and they do masterpieces,and there are so many Great Luthiers of the past that I personally didn't know untill a few years ago,and I Still have many many great luthiers to learn and to study their work....All the good luthiers deserve my respect ,because they give me the hapiness of playing their ouds....
So....for sure each one of us has a ''preference'' ,but it doesn't mean that the others are not good.....
I hope one day to come and meet you my friend Aydin.
All the best to all of you my friends and oud-brothers.
as Nikos Saragoudas says.....''''EACH FLOWER HAS HIS OWN PARFUME''''.....:):wavey:

aytayfun
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-17-2010 at 12:29 PM

Why not Niko?. Why not.

Dr. Tayfun AYDIN
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 08:44 AM

I agree there are many good Oud makers and they are so famous that I do not need to write about them but this one is not known and yet his Oud was perfect. This weekend I repaired a Mohammed Fadil oud for one of my friends and the Oud had great sound (one of the best) but yet the Hasan Hamza oud did sound as good even though it is a lot smaller.
aytayfun
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 08:43 AM

Than, Play your Hasan Hamza oud in good health my friend.

But!

Let us play our ouds made by other luthiers in good health.

Dr. Tayfun AYDIN
Marcus
Oud Junkie

Mood: Lost in music

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 03:23 AM

Hi dburhan,

so, what about the pics and the soundsample you promised?

Playing the oud is like feeding my soul with peace
Ali
Oud Maniac

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 10:51 AM

I don't think dburhan ment to insult any other Oud maker , He got a good oud from an
unknown luthier and got excited and wanted to share it with us and even if he bellieves
the oud he is talking about , is better than what all luthiers make , that I think is not
insulting , because he has right to belleive and to express it .
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-24-2010 at 10:20 PM

Thak you Ali. I did not mean to insult any Oud maker. I do however know a lot about Ouds and I even know how to make them and repair them. I was able to enhance the sound of many Ouds. Every Oud has its own character and the new Oud I got was admired by a famous Oud player who tried it recently.

myeyes2020
Oud Junkie

Mood: na3im

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 12:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by dburhan  
I just bought a Hassan Hamza Oud and I must say this Oud maker is by far the best. I have seen Ouds made by almost all of the famous makers around the worls but no one comes close to the quality produced by this maker.

I will post a photo of this Oud soon with a sound sample.

Congratulations on the purchase of the Hassan Hamsa oud that you admire! You should be proud of your valuable opinion and that opinion should be respected by all who choose to read it. I know that feeling of finally acquiring the oud that resonates well with me after trying many times.

Any luthier or oudplayer worth his salt will not be offended at all by your opinion. There's the possibility that the opinion and video that you share may save a new oud player lot's of time, money and grief when choosing to buy a first oud.

Indeed, play your oud in good health and I hope you don't deny us the pleasure of hearing this wonderful oud.

Many Congratulations,

Adel Ibrahim.
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 01:05 PM

I have created a Video of my new Hasan Hamza Oud. I used Windows Movie Maker to record it and the quality of the sound is not great. Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etrbrV5Bz1E

Regards
dburhan
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 01:17 PM

Dear friend.
With all the Respect you have to tune the oud first and try again...
The instruent by my opinion is an intermediate quality instrument and nothing more.
I am sure that you love your oud as all we do,but the woods that the instrument is made of aren't the best possible...
I don't want to hurt you feelings,I understand that you love your oud very much,it's a good instrument for a start but not ''THE BEST LUTHIER '' in the world oud...
Play it in Health and happiness,I am sure that you will see many Good Luthiers in this world in the future....
:wavey:

dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 04:47 PM

It is a problem with the recording. Try this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGPIiBSIp-4

Your opinion is bias because you are trying to sell your Ouds. I have bought more than 30 Ouds in the last 3 years including Mohammad Fadil, Bahrain, Sukar, etc. and this is by far the best. I even made my own ouds.

I will buy Oud from you but you have to be objective first.

Regards
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 04:49 PM

The wood was aged for 12 years and was sent from Canada to Syria for the maker to make this Oud. The back is made of black Walnut. The mechanism in the back to adjust the finger board is great.
spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 05:08 PM

First of all my friend I don't make my self any ouds,I am NOT a luthier.:)
secondly it happends to have the best relationships and colaborations with almost all the known luthiers in the world.
Third,I am not interested on selling ouds as a business because I am a Medical Doctor at one of the most known institutes in the world.
And finally,what I do I do it because I love the oud more than anything else in my life,so ALL my students have the quality of the ouds as I play...and that is a principle.
It happens also to have many good ouds on my collection that the people that know me have seing...
And believe me as for buying....the last year only I have byed more than 10 instruments for my self....I will not say names so that will not be considered as a publicity....and even so,I do NOT say that I have from the best Luthier...

But....here is not a competition ho has the oldiest and most expensive instrument...I am a collectionar but I am also a teacher and a player,that is why people is trusting me,because the ouds that I sugest for sale are the same quality as mine...
Now as for the mechanism on the back,personally I do not like it and not aprove it,but...this is MY opinion and not want to be generalised.
And finally as I told you before,play it in health but first try to play with High Fidelity Ouds and from many known makers and than you can have an opinion to say more ...
That is a sugestion my friend ...

spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 05:10 PM

on the second video also the oud is untunned.....;)

spyros mesogeia
Oud Junkie

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 05:11 PM

myeyes2020
Oud Junkie

Mood: na3im

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 05:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by dburhan  
I have created a Video of my new Hasan Hamza Oud. I used Windows Movie Maker to record it and the quality of the sound is not great. Here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etrbrV5Bz1E

Regards
dburhan

Your oud has a fantastic sound and you play a nice taqsim. I particulaly like the sound of the base. Interestingly, the audio from the first youtube video works well on my hp laptop but not on my sony laptop. They both sound nice with headphones.

It's obvious that Hassan Hamsa is a great luthier and if I had the room, I would own one of his ouds. May God bless his hands and keep him for our oud community.

Thanks for sharing and Enjoy your professional quality oud.

Adel Ibrahim.
Hatem_Afandi
Oud Junkie

Mood: Learning

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 06:09 PM

Beautiful Instrument. I hope you enjoy it in good health.

Luthiers are like singers. I don't like all Farid El Atrache work. I believe that Abdel Halim Hafez always portrayed someone suffering from depression despite his beautiful songs. Abdel Wahab copied too many melodies despite his iconic music.
Who is the best singer in the world? I believe it is a personal preference.

I own 7 ouds. At a certain point, I owned 11. ALL my instruments are custom built with the exception of my Iraqi oud.

My favorite instrument is a question of mode, thoughts, and other factors.

Although I never met in my life, I got MAD at some makers, I also ADMIRE and APPRECIATE some.

Maurice is a dear friend despite the fact that we meet briefly every year. He is one of the BEST makers in the world!

Samir Azar is one of the best luthiers of our time although i have never met him in person !

Jameel is a talented GENIUS despite the fact that he hasn't built an instrument for me (yet) !

BTW, I believe that you are WORSE than ALL of us :-). I don't believe that any member of this forum owns 30 ouds !!!!!
I suggest that you seek some professional help. It is called "The Multiple Oud Syndrome" :-)

Keep strumming !!!

Hatem

dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 07:54 PM

I did buy 30 Ouds but I did not keep them. Today I have 4:
- One was rebuilt by aa famous Canadian Guitar Maker and then I modified it myself. It has a very deep sound and it looks very nice with Walnut and Maple in the back.
- One originally made by Ali Khalifa but I m replacing the Top myself (not finished yet)
- My new Hasan Hamza Oud
- and I just bought Mohammad Fadil Oud from one member of this Forum which was ship to me today and will receive it in a week
I think this sounds better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZgrO_3rTfM

dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 07:56 PM

Thank you very much guys.
I joined this Forum only 2 weeks ago and I value all of your opinions.
Sazi
Oud Junkie

Mood: مبتهج ; ))

[*] posted on 11-28-2010 at 09:27 PM

Nice sounding Hamza oud. Enjoy in good health.

http://www.youtube.com/Sazi369

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Manil
Oud Maniac

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 08:27 AM

I have a Hassan Hamza oud also, from what I heard about this luthier, he will not be happy to hear you say it's the best oud ever...

I have to admit that the oud is perfect for my taste and my level.

Enjoy it!
dburhan
Oud Lover

[*] posted on 11-29-2010 at 10:32 AM

I agree with you guys. Hasan Hamza is a very humbel man and he does not say that his Ouds are good but they are very good. It is true that a good Oud player can make any Oud sound good. I only started playing 3 or 4 years ago and therefore I do not consider myself a good Oud player at all.

Regards
dburhan
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top