Mike's Oud Forums
Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Looking for ud and teacher in Baltimore area.
Frankoud
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-22-2010 at 03:21 PM
Looking for ud and teacher in Baltimore area.

Hello everyone.

I enjoyed reading from this site very much. I play a little guitar and hoping to pickup the ud soon. I live in Baltimore Maryland and hope someone can help me find a good ud and hopefully a teacher for some ud lessons. Thanks.

Frank
myeyes2020
Oud Junkie

Mood: na3im

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 07:55 AM

Hi Frank,

I can help you find a good oud suitable for learning and if you are willing to travel to Bethesda on Sundays, I can teach to play oud depending on what kind of music you'd like to learn. What type of music or style are you looking to learn?

I specialize and have an interest in Arabic (mostly Egyptian) music and Arabic music theory. Let me know if you're intetested. In anycase, I often travel to Baltimore so it would be nice to meet you anyway.

Adel Ibrahim
Frankoud
Oud Admirer

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 10:06 AM

Hi Adel,

Do you have any references as a teacher? I'm not sure what kind of music or theory I'd like. I like the sound of the ud and just want to learn. My friend already owns an ud and she also wants to learn to play better. Sundays are perfect and we are willing to travel. How much do you charge for ud lessons and when would you be ready to start?

Frank

myeyes2020
Oud Junkie

Mood: na3im

[*] posted on 11-23-2010 at 06:14 PM

If I understand correctly, it appears that you both wish to start lessons with one oud :) If so, I believe that will be a big waste of your time.

It would be in your best interest and most appropriate to first buy your own personal oud that is suitable for learning. I can help you find a good oud very quickly. Soon after we can begin your lessons.

I'll be happy to discuss all the details with you. If you are serious and willing to work hard, then please contact me.
myeyes2020@aol.com

Look forward to chatting with you,

Adel Ibrahim

Go To Top